Who will get more Republican votes? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:51:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will get more Republican votes? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will get more Republican votes?
Obama in 2008

Hillary Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Who will get more Republican votes?  (Read 737 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: August 12, 2016, 11:13:55 PM »

Probably Obama, simply because Republicans dissatisfied with Trump are more likely to go third party than for Hillary.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »

Probably Obama, simply because Republicans dissatisfied with Trump are more likely to go third party than for Hillary.

Weren't you previously saying that Johnson's ceiling was 2%?  Or are you expecting big things from McMullin?  Tongue

His polling has held up better than I expected, so I'm thinking more like 3-4% now. But it's not like it would take a massive third party vote among Republicans to hold Hillary under the 9% that Obama got.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 02:43:40 PM »

Weren't you previously saying that Johnson's ceiling was 2%?  Or are you expecting big things from McMullin?  Tongue

His polling has held up better than I expected, so I'm thinking more like 3-4% now. But it's not like it would take a massive third party vote among Republicans to hold Hillary under the 9% that Obama got.

Ah, maybe I misunderstood you then.  You said "Republicans dissatisfied with Trump are more likely to go third party than for Hillary".  If 8% of Republicans vote for Clinton and 4% of them for Johnson or other third party candidates, then it's not true that "Republicans dissatisfied with Trump are more likely to go third party than for Hillary".  But maybe by "more likely" you meant more likely to vote third party than in 2008.

Yeah, the latter is what I meant. If 8% vote Clinton and 4% vote third party, that would still be option 1 in the poll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies