Who is more sexist, Arlen Specter or Scott Brown? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:29:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Who is more sexist, Arlen Specter or Scott Brown? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Hmmm...
Arlen Specter saying in the middle of a heated discussion where he kept being interrupted, "I'll treat you like a lady, and you act like one."

Scott Brown smiling at a rape joke from a supporter to, "Shove a curling up [Martha Coakley's] butt", other supporters cheering the notion of Coakley being raped, and having "I'm not voting for that broad" as a popular refrai

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Who is more sexist, Arlen Specter or Scott Brown?  (Read 4528 times)
Gren
Spain

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.43

« on: January 23, 2010, 05:06:47 PM »
« edited: January 27, 2010, 05:03:14 PM by Gren »

I voted for Specter, not because his comment was sexist, but because asking Bachmann to act like a lady is rather useless and stupid. It's just asking for the impossible.

Gren
Spain

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.43

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 05:23:40 PM »

If Bachmann had told Specter to act like a gentleman, this wouldn't be happening. And anyway, we do not know what shade of meaning has the term "lady" for Specter. I do not think that it implies submissiveness; in my opinion, he's just asking her to act civilly. He's not going to say "act like a citizen" or "act like human being", is he? I could be wrong, though. But as far as I cannot read Sen. Specter's thoughts, I have to believe that he had no bad intentions. Just as I think that Brown didn't hear that comment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies