South Carolina Republicans want death penalty for women who get abortions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:34:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  South Carolina Republicans want death penalty for women who get abortions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Carolina Republicans want death penalty for women who get abortions  (Read 1411 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: March 13, 2023, 09:49:55 PM »
« edited: March 13, 2023, 09:58:50 PM by hermit »

This is illogical. Will never go anywhere that matters. Most people are okay with abortions within certain limitations. Going against the will of the majority...well, good luck with that. And good luck with winning elections.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 03:49:05 PM »

I think the intent here is to discourage women from getting abortions, doubt they actually want to chair every woman who gets one.

But why should people care if a woman has an abortion? What is it for other people? Who cares?

Those are the million dollar questions. Seems to me it's because of two main factors. People think it's what God wants so in fear of retribution from God they want to stop abortion so they themselves don't go to hell. (Selfish)

And the other factor is that people still want to control women's bodies. It's their self-appointed job to rule over women in society. This one has sexual connotations to it in my opinion. And the desire for power.

Neither of these reasons are logical or desirable. Those people need an awakening.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 06:42:16 PM »

....and GOP womyn will still continue to vote against their self-interests.

House Slave Tales. 

They either bought into the God thing that God thinks abortion is morally wrong, (believing that they know what God thinks.) Or they bought into the mindset that male domination of women's bodies is the right thing. I pray for their awakening and their enlightenment.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 12:28:25 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2023, 12:37:07 AM by hermit »

Unborn babies obviously deserve full legal protection and personhood, but this law is absurd. Not only is the death penalty barbaric, but also there's a difference between punishing murder that's widely condemned by society and that which society still accepts. Putting in increasingly harsher penalties isn't going to get any of the pro abortion crowd to change their minds.

Yeah, no.

I agree, yeah no.

"Unborn babies obviously deserve full legal protection...." How is it obvious? What do you mean by obvious? Just asking.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 02:58:51 PM »

Hopefully this is the dying gasp of that misguided mindset that wants to control women's bodies. They are trying more and more desperate measures to do that, but in the long run, they do not have the backing of the majority of the country. These outdates beliefs and practices belong in the 1800s.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies