Opinion of Catholic Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:26:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of Catholic Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Catholic Democrats
Freedom Group

Horrible Group

lol Catholics

lol Democrats

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Opinion of Catholic Democrats  (Read 1578 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 24, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »

Well, there's Bob Casey (Sr.) then there's John Kerry. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:38:16 PM »

There are a lot of other Catholic Democrats besides the Caseys who certainly aren't HP's. Most of them are in the US House and don't get a ton of attention. People like Dan Lipinkski, Joe Donnelly,  Bart Stupak, Tim Ryan, Marcy Kaptur, Charlie Wilson, Steve Dreihaus, John Boccieri, (wait...I'm not just listing former Ohio US House reps...?), and Jim Trafficant, who knew no partisan lines he wasn't willing to cross.

I wrote my representative, Marcy Kaptur, a letter asking her to vote for the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act and she not only was one of 16 Democrats who voted for it, but actually wrote me a letter back explaining her support. If I still live in OH-9 next year, I might register as a Democrat to support her over Dennis Kucinich in the primary.

Charlie Wilson was Catholic?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:45:44 PM »

There are a lot of other Catholic Democrats besides the Caseys who certainly aren't HP's. Most of them are in the US House and don't get a ton of attention. People like Dan Lipinkski, Joe Donnelly,  Bart Stupak, Tim Ryan, Marcy Kaptur, Charlie Wilson, Steve Dreihaus, John Boccieri, (wait...I'm not just listing former Ohio US House reps...?), and Jim Trafficant, who knew no partisan lines he wasn't willing to cross.

I wrote my representative, Marcy Kaptur, a letter asking her to vote for the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act and she not only was one of 16 Democrats who voted for it, but actually wrote me a letter back explaining her support. If I still live in OH-9 next year, I might register as a Democrat to support her over Dennis Kucinich in the primary.

Charlie Wilson was Catholic?

I presume he means the Charlie Wilson from Ohio, not Texas.

Ah.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies