Is Anne Frank in Hell? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:11:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is Anne Frank in Hell? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Anne Frank in Hell?  (Read 16212 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 02, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »

In keeping with Jewish belief (assuming she was a devout Jew) she would be expecting to end up in Sheol which often gets mistranslated in Christian Bibles as Hell.  But the Christian Hell (as it is usually conceived) and the Jewish Sheol have very little to do with each other than both being places where dead people go.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »

No. If she is I'd rather be there with her and people like her than the other place when I die.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Of course Cheesy If for whatever reason I'm sent to the basement floor for not believing, or believing the wrong thing or being a gay or whatever reason is waved around then my husband is going to be there too, for the same reasons. So if I have to spend an eternity in literal or metaphorical hell then I'd rather spend it with the one person that helps me get through my 'hellish' moments on earth than enjoy the penthouse suite without him.

If you do indeed get sent to Hell, why would you expect to be next to the husband you love?  I'd think it far likelier you'd end up next to jmfcst, tho whether as a fellow inmate or as part of the staff I'll leave others to speculate on.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:29:47 PM »

No. If she is I'd rather be there with her and people like her than the other place when I die.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Of course Cheesy If for whatever reason I'm sent to the basement floor for not believing, or believing the wrong thing or being a gay or whatever reason is waved around then my husband is going to be there too, for the same reasons. So if I have to spend an eternity in literal or metaphorical hell then I'd rather spend it with the one person that helps me get through my 'hellish' moments on earth than enjoy the penthouse suite without him.

If you do indeed get sent to Hell, why would you expect to be next to the husband you love?  I'd think it far likelier you'd end up next to jmfcst, tho whether as a fellow inmate or as part of the staff I'll leave others to speculate on.

That seems quite a barbed thing to say.

True.  But I never said he definitely would go there, just you'd be likelier to run into him there, and that because I would expect that if people do encounter people they know in Hell it would be far likelier that they would encounter adversaries than supporters.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 05:37:38 PM »

Cause I'm going to be there am I right Cheesy

Of course you will.  You're a damned Scotsman aren't you? Wink
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »

I just can't imagine a just God sending someone to Hell for not being a Christian.

More generally, the incongruity of the idea that a just God would send someone to Hell when they had never had the chance to to hear the message of Christ from him or his disciples is a principal reason I am a Universalist. (There are other possibilities that logically resolve that incongruity such as the possibility in Mormon theology that the dead can be saved in the afterlife, but Universalism is the one that seems most simple and elegant of those I have come across.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »

I hope I am not the only atheist Republican here, haha.

Well those who don't revere the god of Abraham mainly worship the almighty dollar. By the way, there are some who see prophetic images hidden in US money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fafxhMLeGeA

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies