Is Anne Frank in Hell? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:29:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is Anne Frank in Hell? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Anne Frank in Hell?  (Read 16217 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« on: December 02, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »

Proposing to answer this question about specific individuals strikes me as really bad theology in general, and we at Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections Forum don't have the artistic genius of a Dante to be doing it anyway.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »

Allah (which is just the Arabic word for 'God', remember) and God the Father are arguably more one-and-the-same than God the Father and Jesus are, unless you're a Oneness Pentecostal.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »

Sorry JCL, but Muslims worship the same God you and I do.

Muslims deny that God is a Father. Look at Sura 5:18 for example,

And (both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are the children of Allah and His loved ones." Say: "Why then does He punish you for your sins?" Nay, you are but human beings, of those He has created, He forgives whom He wills and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, and to Him is the return (of all).

Since they deny God as father they automatically deny the mere possibility of The Son.

Allah (which is just the Arabic word for 'God', remember) and God the Father are arguably more one-and-the-same than God the Father and Jesus are, unless you're a Oneness Pentecostal.

Since Islam denies the Father/Son relationship between Yahweh and Yeshua, Allah and God the Father can never be the same. I'm not a Oneness Pentecostal. Jesus and the Father are much closer to being one by any stretch. Look at John 10:22-30 (NLT)

22 It was now winter, and Jesus was in Jerusalem at the time of Hanukkah, the Festival of Dedication. 23 He was in the Temple, walking through the section known as Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The people surrounded him and asked, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

"25 Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name. 26 But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else.[d] No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”"

I could go further and give you the numerous statements just between here and the end of the end of The Gospel of John alone to show the reader how close the relationship between the Father and Son really is and throw in the Holy Spirit for bonus. However to bring this back to the core of the question of the thread. Oldies says that only God knows. That is correct. To pose this question because of relevance, could Anne Frank have come to faith in Jesus as her Saviour?

That's why I said 'arguably' (to wit: Theologically you're entirely right in what you're saying, but a secular comparative religions type might look at the ways in which the Muslim version of Allah and God the Father are discussed and decide that they have more in common). It's only if one is a Oneness Pentecostal--which I didn't think you were--that it's inarguable.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »

I hope I am not the only atheist Republican here, haha.

You're not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies