Is Anne Frank in Hell? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:14:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is Anne Frank in Hell? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Anne Frank in Hell?  (Read 16213 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« on: December 02, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »
« edited: December 02, 2013, 08:33:10 PM by Speaker Scott »

Sadly I don't have a list of who's burning in hell for not having the same beliefs as me and who is not.  I think I left that in my other pants pocket.

EDIT: Just checked.  Yes, but she's getting out early for good behavior.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:27:11 PM »

No. If she is I'd rather be there with her and people like her than the other place when I die.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Of course Cheesy If for whatever reason I'm sent to the basement floor for not believing, or believing the wrong thing or being a gay or whatever reason is waved around then my husband is going to be there too, for the same reasons. So if I have to spend an eternity in literal or metaphorical hell then I'd rather spend it with the one person that helps me get through my 'hellish' moments on earth than enjoy the penthouse suite without him.

If you do indeed get sent to Hell, why would you expect to be next to the husband you love?  I'd think it far likelier you'd end up next to jmfcst, tho whether as a fellow inmate or as part of the staff I'll leave others to speculate on.

Well, if it's between Jmfcst and anyone else here getting sent to hell, chances are it's... I won't say it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »

All religions share a lot, a l o t, of similarities, and I think whatever religion you follow shouldn't matter, but if you are a good person who helps others during your life, then you'll go to heaven.

Supposedly we're all bad people - all of us - so none of us deserve heaven.  But eventually there comes the question of if we have any formula for which get to heaven, a foolproof plan, that is composed of orthodoxical or orthopraxic methods of attaining salvation.  The only logical answer to that is no.  If God wills someone to be in heaven, regardless of how faithful they were in life, then there's nothing stopping Him from making that decree.

But life is simply not about "getting to heaven."  It's about concentrating on what's in front of you.  It's about living the moment.  It's about cherishing what you have and treating people the way you want to be treated, which is the number one rule all religions teach.  If you worry day in and day out about who's going where, at a time or place of which you cannot be certain, then everything you experience on this earth is absolutely meaningless.  That's why questions like the thread title are absolutely meaningless, because any answer I give is pure speculation.  That is why we are not to judge.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies