There is something f’n rotten in major student orgs on campuses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:56:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  There is something f’n rotten in major student orgs on campuses
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: There is something f’n rotten in major student orgs on campuses  (Read 7923 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2023, 01:45:01 PM »

Some of these statements that are coming out….Jesus

Here is the *president* of the NYU law student association

Similar statements have been released and undersigned at Harvard, northwestern, Stanford, etc

Additionally, blm’s chicago chapter is honoring the paragliders of the music festival massacre

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 02:37:42 PM »

Putrid and vile. Its infuriating to see so-called "leftists" cheering on crimes against humanity.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 03:02:43 PM »

None of this is surprising if you've interacted with any of these college leftist types over the past seven or eight years. Most of them are bloodthirsty, angry, and depraved.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 03:04:34 PM »

Any school that funds these organizations or officially recognizes them should have all federal funding pulled. We don’t need to be wasting tax money on loans/grants to pay tuition for this garbage.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 03:08:10 PM »

How many of the people crying about this have spent the last decade complaining about the lack of free speech on campus? Seems like a near 1:1 especially with, say, Bari Weiss types.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2023, 03:22:55 PM »

How many of the people crying about this have spent the last decade complaining about the lack of free speech on campus? Seems like a near 1:1 especially with, say, Bari Weiss types.

Hamas literally decapitated babies.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2023, 03:40:34 PM »

None of this is surprising if you've interacted with any of these college leftist types over the past seven or eight years. Most of them are bloodthirsty, angry, and depraved.

And the colleges cited in the OP are some of the wealthiest, most elite schools in the country too lmao
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2023, 03:51:36 PM »

And the colleges cited in the OP are some of the wealthiest, most elite schools in the country too lmao

Privileged leftists tend to be the most meanspirited.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2023, 03:54:26 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2023, 04:02:47 PM by Snowstalker Mk. II »

Hamas literally decapitated babies.
Already being walked back by the very sources which claimed it.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2023, 04:12:07 PM »

Young members of Federalist Society are not really the villains in Law School huh

Also checks out that president of SBA has pronounces in her Bio

On more serious note, those students look like bio-robots: they have a program "Free Palestine" inserted in their BIOS, but can't comprehend - as normal humans - that not every moment is OK for public declaration of support for Palestine and shaming of Israel. Especially after gruesome terrorist act
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2023, 04:22:30 PM »

Alot of the support for Palestine at least where I am living in, comes from mostly Academia.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2023, 04:29:20 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2023, 04:34:37 PM »

Excellent response by the law firm. That student is a hardcore antisemite, and does not deserve to be a lawyer. She should be blacklisted.

(I just can't help but imagine that if this were a right-wing student making a bigoted statement, we'd see the usual suspects condemning this as "cancel culture".)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2023, 04:38:32 PM »

Alot of the support for Palestine at least where I am living in, comes from mostly Academia.
You must live in a sheltered environment
RidinWithBiden24
NYRepublican00
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2023, 04:54:01 PM »

Sad to be a part of Gen-Z sometimes. We are dangerously left-wing on some issues, such as Palestine.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2023, 05:16:11 PM »

https://www.law.nyu.edu/101023-dean-message

Message to the NYU Law Community
Dear Members of the NYU Law Community:

Some of you may have seen a message from the president of the Student Bar Association regarding the horrific conflict in Israel and Gaza.  This message was not from NYU School of Law as an institution and does not speak for the leadership of the Law School.  It certainly does not express my own views, because I condemn the killing of civilians and acts of terrorism as always reprehensible.

The attack on Israel and the subsequent and ongoing hostilities have made this a period of extreme pain and distress for many members of our community.  Since the weekend, I have worked with administrators to provide support to students, faculty, and alumni who have been affected by this crisis.

The feelings that divide people in the world at large are certainly present within the Law School, but I hope that we are able to address them with compassion and mutual respect. The Law School’s leadership team will continue to provide the resources and support we can.

Troy McKenzie

Pretty effective and swift responses. Talk about f[inks]ing up your career with just one email.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2023, 05:22:35 PM »

Colleges really need to start shutting these groups down. It’s like allowing KKK or Nazi chapters at your school. This one is openly calling to kill all Israelis!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2023, 05:26:06 PM »

That one isn't even both sidesism, it's open support for Hamas.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2023, 05:59:35 PM »

Absolutely revolting.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2023, 06:02:10 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2023, 07:59:29 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Ridiculous that people's livelihoods are being ruined for sharing their misinformed opinions while trying to speak from a place of justice. If they are smart enough to get into a school like this, then they are qualified to keep their employment in the field. Completely depraved to steal someone's paycheck, after they invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in themselves.

The only life I ever want is to be an anonymous atom, a thousand miles from all this outrage. It's a shame, because speaking up ought to be encouraged. Firing them won't stop them from digging their heels in, but I guess it could scare others.

If nothing else, it's nice to see a little taste of their own medicine hit them - but the multi-billion dollar institutions swaying with the donors rather than any moral standing remain the greater villain (domestically - obviously Hamas is the greatest villain in a broader sense).
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2023, 06:12:15 PM »

It's problem with a subset of college students - the ones interested in on-campus leadership.

That group poses an especially severe problem. They leave college, and seek out the next institutional ladder to climb.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2023, 06:12:51 PM »

None of this is surprising if you've interacted with any of these college leftist types over the past seven or eight 43* years. Most of them are bloodthirsty, angry, and depraved.

*Strikethrough and asterisk are mine.  I started college in 1981, and the "Progressive Student Union" was like this when I arrived.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2023, 06:14:47 PM »

None of this is surprising if you've interacted with any of these college leftist types over the past seven or eight 43* years. Most of them are bloodthirsty, angry, and depraved.

*Strikethrough and asterisk are mine.  I started college in 1981, and the "Progressive Student Union" was like this when I arrived.
Student activism goes back to the 1930s
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2023, 06:19:09 PM »

Having read a biography of Karl Marx, I suspect dumbass student activism was already a pretty well-established phenomenon in the 1830s.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2023, 06:45:15 PM »

Having read a biography of Karl Marx, I suspect dumbass student activism was already a pretty well-established phenomenon in the 1830s.
Who can forget the Oxford Uni strike of 1209
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies