Is anyone getting tired of the posts blaming men for Roe v Wade being overturned? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:57:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is anyone getting tired of the posts blaming men for Roe v Wade being overturned? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is anyone getting tired of the posts blaming men for Roe v Wade being overturned?  (Read 1338 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: June 26, 2022, 09:45:41 AM »

Anti-abortion men are intolerable, but it needs to be noted that church ladies tend to be the most immovably anti-abortion people on the planet. Pretty much all of the language that pro-lifers use about "babies being torn limb from limb!" (you read a lot of it on this website from people like Mr. Reactionary and fhtagn) is designed to make church ladies sob rather than to win over anyone who disagrees.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 11:17:05 PM »

I think you're just reading the wrong posts man, I've never seen this and I thought I was pretty "online" as far as these things go. Needless to say, we pro-choice men have nothing to be ashamed of with respect to this decision.

Abortion rights benefits men. None of us wants to be paying child support and dealing with an emotional cripple showing up at our doorsteps decades later due to a one night stand gone wrong.

Dude, that response is like a parody of what anti-abortion activists say pro-choice men think. Do better.

Nah, its just mask off. 90% of abortions are purely elective. The bro-choice "I have a right to consequence free sex" motivation lurks behind much of those reeeeeeing over this decision.

Everyone has a right to consequence free sex. Why should consensual sex have any 'consequences'? There is nothing shameful about it.

You could use your exact argument to advocate for banning condoms or birth control.

Can you please cite where that "right" to consequence free sex is written?

When did I suggest that this was a constitutional right? It's a fundamental right we all have as human beings.

But a fundamental right to life doesn't exist?

Not for anything that is not a legal person!

A blastocyst or an embryo has no more "right to life" than algae or a catfish.

Except it does when it's a human being. And using Ferguson97's own argument here, "legal" is irrelevant.

Oh my god, we get it! This isn't your bible study, you're going to have to put some effort into it if you want to have anything resembling a compelling point. Regurgitating these lines doesn't move anybody. You're wasting precious internet bandwidth by posting the same crap over and over and over again.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 11:36:03 PM »

I think you're just reading the wrong posts man, I've never seen this and I thought I was pretty "online" as far as these things go. Needless to say, we pro-choice men have nothing to be ashamed of with respect to this decision.

Abortion rights benefits men. None of us wants to be paying child support and dealing with an emotional cripple showing up at our doorsteps decades later due to a one night stand gone wrong.

Dude, that response is like a parody of what anti-abortion activists say pro-choice men think. Do better.

Nah, its just mask off. 90% of abortions are purely elective. The bro-choice "I have a right to consequence free sex" motivation lurks behind much of those reeeeeeing over this decision.

Everyone has a right to consequence free sex. Why should consensual sex have any 'consequences'? There is nothing shameful about it.

You could use your exact argument to advocate for banning condoms or birth control.

Can you please cite where that "right" to consequence free sex is written?

When did I suggest that this was a constitutional right? It's a fundamental right we all have as human beings.

But a fundamental right to life doesn't exist?

Not for anything that is not a legal person!

A blastocyst or an embryo has no more "right to life" than algae or a catfish.

Except it does when it's a human being. And using Ferguson97's own argument here, "legal" is irrelevant.

Oh my god, we get it! This isn't your bible study, you're going to have to put some effort into it if you want to have anything resembling a compelling point. Regurgitating these lines doesn't move anybody. You're wasting precious internet bandwidth by posting the same crap over and over and over again.

Please cite where I mentioned the Bible anywhere in my recent posts regarding abortion. I'll wait.

No one is forcing you to read. Don't like what I have to say? Move on. You're not exactly contributing anything to this discussion yourself, so you may want to think about that before pointing fingers.

I don't know that I've ever seen you quote the Bible. In fact, my posts have way more religious fervor than yours. I probably shouldn't have mentioned bible study, but I used it as a throwaway term because all of your lines here are things engineered to justify the pro-life position to pro-lifers and rile them up. It's like "Build the Wall" or "Cancel Student Debt". I mentioned this earlier, but apparently it needs to be repeated: these lines are not compelling to anyone who isn't already drinking your kool-aid. The endless language about life and conception and babies being torn limb from limb is all stuff that you and everyone who's ever had a conversation about this should know isn't compelling at all to anyone but you and your people. It's mantric repetition and all it does is derail threads, create more crap to scroll through, and it doesn't even reveal anything more about your position or philosophy either. It's just repetition, and it's giving me and everyone else on this website brain damage and honestly there isn't much left to damage at this point so please be merciful and spare us.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies