Something completely ignored so far. Caitlyn Jenner is at 1.2%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:16:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Something completely ignored so far. Caitlyn Jenner is at 1.2%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Something completely ignored so far. Caitlyn Jenner is at 1.2%  (Read 1321 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2021, 11:53:40 PM »

in the recall.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 11:56:18 PM »

1.2% more than she deserved
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 11:57:17 PM »

It's being ignored because this was not a real campaign. To quote myself four months ago:

Am I the only one baffled by how much press Jenner is getting? I’ve gotten like three alerts about her from CNN this week

The "campaign" is designed solely for the benefit of the national media; press statements regularly get sent out when only people in the East are awake, and California media then covers things that real candidates are doing instead. It's not surprising that the national media would gravitate to a celebrity joke campaign.

The results reflect this. It was nice that people in the rest of the country got to gawk at those Hollyweird wackos in California, but nobody actually in California cared.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 11:58:18 PM »

She is next to yoga studio owner Holly Baade, some guy who is running on protecting the second amendment named Armando Perez-Serrato who appears to be the owner of a gunsmith shop and someone who is a Democrat for some reason.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 11:58:31 PM »

It's being ignored because this was not a real campaign. To quote myself four months ago:

Am I the only one baffled by how much press Jenner is getting? I’ve gotten like three alerts about her from CNN this week

The "campaign" is designed solely for the benefit of the national media; press statements regularly get sent out when only people in the East are awake, and California media then covers things that real candidates are doing instead. It's not surprising that the national media would gravitate to a celebrity joke campaign.

The results reflect this. It was nice that people in the rest of the country got to gawk at those Hollyweird wackos in California, but nobody actually in California cared.

I thought there was a point where she was the front runner or leading in a poll or something?  But maybe that's just spin they were putting out there.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 12:00:19 AM »

She is next to yoga studio owner Holly Baade, some guy who is running on protecting the second amendment named Armando Perez-Serrato who appears to be the owner of a gunsmith shop and someone who is a Democrat for some reason.
Now she is next to actor Patrick Kilpatrick.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 12:03:54 AM »

In theory that was a spot-on analysis, but it would have sounded totally reasonable if you applied it to Trump in 2015 as well which understandably made some people a little more cautious given the crazy timeline we are apparently living in. Fortunately, however, turns out Jenner ended up about where Trump should have.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 12:05:15 AM »

I thought there was a point where she was the front runner or leading in a poll or something?  But maybe that's just spin they were putting out there.

Yes, that perception is entirely the result of the national media spin I'm talking about. She topped out at 7% in a single poll.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 12:05:33 AM »

I thought there was a point where she was the front runner or leading in a poll or something?  But maybe that's just spin they were putting out there.

There was one poll, conducted in April, which had her in second place, but that was before the field really coagulated. She never polled higher than 7% largely off name recognition, and in the past month never eclipsed 3%.

As Xahar points out, she really did not even attempt to get any votes.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 03:39:41 AM »

beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 08:07:00 AM »

People don't like voting for murderers.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 08:34:57 AM »

Down to 1.1 with Drake just 5,000 votes behind! Come on Drake!
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 10:10:13 AM »

Who would've thought that California is home to so many transgendered Republicans?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 07:07:43 PM »

That is actually more than I would have expected.

I wonder how she did in Calabasas though. I think that's still her residence.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 07:34:18 PM »

That is actually more than I would have expected.

I wonder how she did in Calabasas though. I think that's still her residence.
Angelyne currently has more votes here in LA County lol
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 10:01:28 PM »

Really, she only got 0.6% when you correctly view as a % of those who voted in the recall overall.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 10:03:18 PM »

Really, she only got 0.6% when you correctly view as a % of those who voted in the recall overall.

good point!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2021, 10:52:08 PM »

good point!

I was just about to point it out.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2021, 08:35:02 AM »

I've seen some dumb articles that say Elder got the same percentage as Schwarzenegger did in the 2003 recall but in reality Schwarzenegger got 47% of the voters who participated in the recall election while Elder got 26%
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2021, 01:58:56 PM »

good point!

I was just about to point it out.

good thought that almost became a post!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2021, 05:14:07 PM »

I've seen some dumb articles that say Elder got the same percentage as Schwarzenegger did in the 2003 recall but in reality Schwarzenegger got 47% of the voters who participated in the recall election while Elder got 26%

Some are really reaching for any excuse for this not to be a total embarrassment for the California GOP.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies