MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:43:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students  (Read 12871 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2020, 04:54:44 PM »

Repeat after me:

The

Intercept

Is

Not

A

Credible

Source

Yes because the Intercept is the only one reporting that has reported this.

They’re the only ones reporting MA Democratic Party involvement, but what happened was clearly a hit job either way, although the idea that this was even remotely homophobic (his being gay was irrelevant) - as well as the argument that Morse didn’t do anything wrong (IIRC, he’s admitted to having had sex with students  at the university where he taught) - is pretty absurd.  Morse’s conduct was disqualifying, but the sexual harassment allegations by the Amherst College Dems were false, as well as a truly despicable hit job.  Both can be true at the same time.  

If Neal had any knowledge or involvement then he is unfit for public office, but so far no credible evidence has emerged suggesting that was the case (and no, a sleezy fringe website with a history of deliberately publishing false stories - including a false rape allegation - and spreading propaganda for one of America’s main adversaries basically saying “We can’t prove the MA Democratic Party was involved, but just take our word for it w/o question” is not credible evidence).

If they were his students, sure. My understanding is they weren't and he matched with students at his school where he was a part-professor via dating apps. Unless that was against their rules, I'd need to be sold that is disqualifying. I don't think Morse has anything to do with this tbh because his name is nowhere attached to it. I misread the previous post on the most recent accusations reported by the Intercept though (missed that it invoked the state party), so disregard my original comment.
GAProgressive
Rookie

« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2020, 05:17:36 PM »

CDA continues to screw itself over, surprising no one.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2020, 08:12:23 PM »

IF IT'S ALL FAKE, then why are state Democrats launching formal internal investigations (which of course won't be concluded until after the primary)? Additionally, why aren't they making full-throated defenses of themselves saying that these claims are outright lies if in fact they are?

It's obvious: what's been released by The Intercept is the truth. They know it and so does everybody else not looking for a homophobic out to embrace the establishment. It doesn't take a month to verify whether or not select individuals made comments, recommendations, etc. It's a CYA situation where the apparatuses either expect to make some modest tsk-tsk noises at those who ginned this up if Morse wins, or release some after-the-fact findings (or perhaps none at all) if Morse loses, perhaps with some generic "we'll do better next time and/or have one sit-down with MA Stonewall Democrats to learn from our mistakes" statement.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2020, 10:38:17 PM »

This smacked of BS the minute I saw it. Glad the truth has come out and that the race is tightening. Unfortunately, it might not help oust this fossil, but his days are likely numbered.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2020, 07:10:38 AM »

Hakeem Jeffries has been promoting a story about inaction on police brutality in Holyoke that seems to have a bit more meat to it than the College Democrats' letter. The president of Springfield City Council (who supports Morse) has hit back highlighting a record of police reforms that seems relatively impressive compared to what most mayors have done.

Neal has almost certainly been worse on this particular issue but, depending on how and if more details about this emerge, I can't imagine it will help Morse turn out his would-be supporters.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2020, 10:31:21 AM »

Hakeem Jeffries has been promoting a story about inaction on police brutality in Holyoke that seems to have a bit more meat to it than the College Democrats' letter. The president of Springfield City Council (who supports Morse) has hit back highlighting a record of police reforms that seems relatively impressive compared to what most mayors have done.

Neal has almost certainly been worse on this particular issue but, depending on how and if more details about this emerge, I can't imagine it will help Morse turn out his would-be supporters.

Yeah, given that the first "scandal" against Morse arose right as mail-in voting started & now this is being dredged up right as early in-person voting starts, it seems pretty (& suspiciously) clear that the timing of the piece is meant to influence voting against the guy.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2020, 11:42:25 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2020, 12:50:40 PM »

Well that tells me everything I need to know about Jeffries. Total sleaze. God, are there any good candidates for Speaker after Pelosi leaves? UGHHHH
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2020, 03:53:36 PM »

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2020, 04:23:42 PM »

NHDP Chair Ray Buckley seems to have endorsed Morse.

Makes sense, considering the NHGOP tried (unsuccessfully) to torpedo his run for NHDP chair and manufacture a similar sex scandal.

Genuinely glad to see my state party is still alright.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2020, 06:46:56 PM »

Currently in this district (Pittsfield area), yard sign advantage to Neal
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2020, 09:04:26 AM »

Today in: "Surely nothing could make this race more contentious than it already is":

Also new RABA Research poll showing Neal beating Morse 49/40: https://jewishinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/RABAJewish-Insider-MA01-August-2020.pdf
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2020, 09:07:59 AM »

Today in: "Surely nothing could make this race more contentious than it already is":

Also new RABA Research poll showing Neal beating Morse 49/40: https://jewishinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/RABAJewish-Insider-MA01-August-2020.pdf

Isn't his approval rating among Democrats something like 85%?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2020, 05:50:59 PM »

Logical

« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2020, 08:11:43 PM »

Morse should be up for now from the early vote pattern. If Springfield doesn't turn out tomorrow then Neal would be in trouble.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2020, 08:17:39 PM »

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2020, 08:31:22 PM »

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more oppo on Neal coming out during this campaign. There's no chance his time as Mayor of Springfield was perfect.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2020, 08:35:00 PM »

My favorite part about this is the UMass Dems' "apology" not mentioning that Ennis and Abramson resigned, and then turning off replies.

Absolute bitch move from the UMass Homophobe Caucus.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2020, 08:38:15 PM »

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more oppo on Neal coming out during this campaign. There's no chance his time as Mayor of Springfield was perfect.

One shouldn't need to dig up ancient history when he's outflanking the Trump administration to protect big pharma.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2020, 08:42:04 PM »

One shouldn't need to dig up ancient history when he's outflanking the Trump administration to protect big pharma.

Oh sure, there are plenty of reasons to vote against Neal but Morse could clearly still use some help.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2020, 07:42:07 PM »

Neal looks poised to win.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2020, 07:46:44 PM »

Unfortunate for Morse, but there's no guarantee he would've won even without the homophobic hit-job.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2020, 07:49:21 PM »

Unfortunate for Morse, but there's no guarantee he would've won even without the homophobic hit-job.

A bit early but if these results hold I don't even think I could blame the hitjob.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2020, 08:02:00 PM »

I agree, I don't think Neal was a good target, not in this district.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2020, 08:06:42 PM »

I agree, I don't think Neal was a good target, not in this district.

If a challenge persuades him not to wreck modest attempts at progressive healthcare/taxation reform, then the effort wasn't completely wasted.

Morse is winning several townships, but not his own, which runs counter to my expectations. Could there be a more credible challenger in this district?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies