MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:34:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students  (Read 12877 times)
Lognog
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2020, 01:56:35 PM »

Hopefully this story gets some traction, because if it did this effort would really back fire
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2020, 08:33:51 PM »

I still definitely have reservations about Morse having relations with students (even if it was consensual and they weren’t his students), but this kind of slimy hit job from his opponents definitely puts him above Neal. Hopefully Morse shows better judgment in the future.

Neal has been running a really dishonest campaign even if he's not connected to this.
MAPZZ
Rookie
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2020, 03:21:38 AM »

Congratulations to everyone on this site gullible enough to get scammed by a college student trying to play Roger Stone.

"Gullible" is giving posters like From Prussia With Love too much credit IMO.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2020, 03:29:07 AM »

I support Neal for purely ideological reasons, but the allegations are clearly a hitjob by a bunch of privileged students who want to be politicians.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2020, 07:42:11 AM »

I support Neal for purely ideological reasons, but the allegations are clearly a hitjob by a bunch of privileged students who want to be politicians.
"Ideological" man's an old Irish Catholic machine politician whose main concern is getting rich - what "ideology" could y'all possibly share?
This district got cratered by opiods while Neal took boatloads of cash from pharma - what "ideology" do you share with that?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2020, 09:29:43 AM »

"Ideological" man's an old Irish Catholic machine politician whose main concern is getting rich - what "ideology" could y'all possibly share?
This district got cratered by opiods while Neal took boatloads of cash from pharma - what "ideology" do you share with that?

People are allowed to favor different policies and incumbents in these kinda races. It's perfectly fine to vote for Neal due to the fact that he may be closer to you in ideological terms.

It's not very fine to vote for Neal cause you believe the allegations, especially after all the follow-up news that came out.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2020, 10:51:01 AM »

From the beginning, this was obviously a homophobic hit job. It's also telling that some people were so quick to believe accusations *without literally any accusers* against a gay man. There needs to be a lot of introspection on this.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »

Politico gets their Dems in Disarray story. The MA Democrats’ chair is apparently planning to pull together a team to investigate the College Democrats who put out the accusations, but only after the primary, ostensibly to avoid weighing in on the race.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2020, 01:50:09 PM »

The Intercept now has a story saying that the College Democrats were coached by the MA Democratic Party chair, executive director and Jim Roosevelt.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/14/alex-morse-richie-neal-state-party/
new_patomic

« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2020, 04:02:04 PM »

That letter is really what they released with the advice of legal counsel?

Yikes.
It's not just that you are a crook senator
MelihV
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.04

P P P
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2020, 04:51:53 PM »

What they are trying to do Alex Morse just to get ahead in politics is DISGUSTING. %100 he has my endorsement and I really hope he wins
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2020, 05:33:58 PM »

The Intercept now has a story saying that the College Democrats were coached by the MA Democratic Party chair, executive director and Jim Roosevelt.

I’ll wait for a credible source or some tangible evidence
Dipper Josh

« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2020, 05:58:34 PM »

Other outlets have had all week to get in on this but they've ignored it. Disliking Glenn Greenwald is one thing, ignoring legitimate reporting from a credible source is another.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2020, 07:27:35 PM »

Other outlets have had all week to get in on this but they've ignored it. Disliking Glenn Greenwald is one thing, ignoring legitimate reporting from a credible source is another.

The Intercept has deliberately reported blatantly false stories before.  I’ve seen other outlets verify their reporting re: it being a hit job and if a credible source reports this too then I’ll be the first to acknowledge it. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2020, 12:32:10 AM »

Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2020, 12:17:29 PM »

While it's heinous, it's not defamation. Defamation requires a false statement. They didn't lie; they published an article pretending perfectly innocent, above board behavior was salacious and potentially illegal. And people bought into it immediately. The story was obviously not a scandal from the very beginning, but if it's reported as if it's a scandal, people will assume it is a scandal.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2020, 12:37:24 PM »

Just made my first donation since Bernie - oddly enough, to yet another maligned Jewish man who just so happens to have been the victim of vicious anti-gay sentiment to boot.
MAPZZ
Rookie
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2020, 07:04:39 PM »

You didn't have that standard when it came to believing the accusations.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2020, 07:19:48 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2020, 07:27:34 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I did not know this thread existed until now, but what entertainment! This is the first place where I have seen any negative commentary directed against Morse from this first day this laughable non-story came out. I had no interest in seeing this guy in Congress, but now I definitely wouldn't mind if he won.

I'm obviously as Puritanical as they come, and there is nothing even a little 'problematic' about this. Thank you Adam Griffin for fighting the most obvious example of homophobia in the year 2020 that I can't believe we have to still deal with.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2020, 01:06:18 PM »

Politico gets their Dems in Disarray story. The MA Democrats’ chair is apparently planning to pull together a team to investigate the College Democrats who put out the accusations, but only after the primary, ostensibly to avoid weighing in on the race.
Thanks a lot Cheri Bustos!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2020, 04:24:00 PM »

New ad running attempting to drum up someone — anyone! — with dirt on Morse.

If you were contacted by Holyoke Mayor/Professor Alex Morse "in a manner widely understood by our generation to indicate intimacy” 😠 please contact us right away. You can message us here m.me/acaseforwomen or contact us via the link in the comments 👇
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2020, 05:24:45 PM »

If you were contacted by Holyoke Mayor/Professor Alex Morse "in a manner widely understood by our generation to indicate intimacy” 😠 please contact us right away. You can message us here m.me/acaseforwomen or contact us via the link in the comments 👇

The ad's listed as inactive.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2020, 05:37:22 PM »

If you were contacted by Holyoke Mayor/Professor Alex Morse "in a manner widely understood by our generation to indicate intimacy”  please contact us right away. You can message us here m.me/acaseforwomen or contact us via the link in the comments

>tfw alex morse hasn't asked how your weekend was on instagram
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2020, 06:31:52 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2020, 08:33:55 PM »

The ad's listed as inactive.
Inactive as of this evening.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies