AIPAC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:02:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  AIPAC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
AIPAC has too much influence, and it’s power should be reduced

AIPAC should be given everything it wants without question, those who criticize are Anti-Semitic

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: AIPAC  (Read 1199 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 12, 2019, 04:10:33 AM »

If you had to pick the one closest to your views, which one?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:28:13 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2019, 10:44:17 PM by Blue3 »

Quite a few people here are posting like they believe in the second option.

This thread is based on the recent news story concerning a freshman Congresswoman who was forced to apologize for being Anti-Semitic because she criticized AIPAC.

I'm (part) Jewish too. I believe in human rights and equal protection under the law. But if this choice seems ridiculous, its reflecting the reality of how AIPAC Supporters attack AIPAC Critics... and that reality is deeply deserving of ridicule.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 01:03:21 AM »

If you had to pick the one closest to your views, which one?

Did you guys seriously not read the original post? These are clearly not intended to be representative of a whole spectrum of views.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 01:04:31 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2019, 01:08:57 AM by Blue3 »

Thank you to Celes for writing a reasonable post. I appreciate it and agree with most of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@Blue:

No. That is bullcrap.

You don't get to make a ridiculous poll and then attack people who call it out for being garbage.

Literally no one here said you can't criticize Israel, but ok.
Literally no one here said you can't criticize AIPAC, but ok.

I don't care if someone is full-jewish, half-jewish or 1,0030303th jewish. It should not be hard to see why Omar's comment was antisemitic and why she is a horrible human being.

AIPAC does not donate money to candidates. Nor has it ever done so.
AIPAC operates within its legal rights as a political organization, just like any other special interest group.

Stop giving legitimacy to people like Horus who have, for years, used their own jewish identity as a battering ram against other Jews and actually talk to other Jews on this forum who have been willing to discuss this in depth.

As to respond to someone else's question. What do I consider crossing the line?

- Gaslighting Jewish individuals, Jewish orgs, Pro-Israel orgs, Israelis or Israel under one brush instead of criticizing specific policy planks on the merits of the policy question under discussion.
- comparing Jews to Nazis.
- accusing Jewish organizations of "wielding unprecedented power in the political system" when it is clear as damn day that they don't.
- accusing AIPAC or other orgs of "buying congress."
- gaslighting Jewish people for fighting back against antisemitism.
- accusing Jewish donors of having "undue influence" over political figures. (this includes George Soros, Sheldon Adelson, Mike bloomberg etc...)
- Using excessive hyperbole to demonize or dehumanize one side of the conflict.
 - How could I forget? Accusing a Jewish country of "hypontizing" people

1. If my comment didn't apply to you, why are you so outraged?

2. AIPAC does have a lot of influence. Special interests exist in the foreign policy realm. It shouldn't be Anti-Semitic simply because of some old stereotype about Jews and money. Nobody is saying they're against human rights, equal protection under the law, protection from discrimination, or democracy. Just against special interests in foreign policy, and our blind support for Israel is up there (as is our blind support for Saudi Arabia).

3. For the rest of your "crossing the line" list, when did I or the Congresswoman do any of that?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies