HuffPo: UNC Students Topple Confederate Monument (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:14:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HuffPo: UNC Students Topple Confederate Monument (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HuffPo: UNC Students Topple Confederate Monument  (Read 10673 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: August 21, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »

All involved should be criminally charged with vandalism if the school will not discipline.
It's not vandalism if they are cleaning up trash.
They are the trash of this country.
This. I hope UNC will punish them (won't hold my breath though, academia is lost...) and I hope footage of this disturbing event can be used to help the GOP win elections -- in NC as well as elsewhere. Fits perfectly in the "left gone wild" narrative that needs to be promoted everywhere.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »

Also don't want to hear anybody supporting this about Republicans or right-wingers or Trump supposedly breaking the law. And the right is better at this game.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 03:22:29 PM »

Agree.
But if government refuses to adhere to the wishes of the local people in the area, then tear/topple them down, and if they are damaged? Oh well.
They should have taken them down earlier, when they had the chance.
The statue was there before the UNC students were there. Perhaps they should have picked a different university if they disliked the statue so much.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 03:23:32 PM »

Also don't want to hear anybody supporting this about Republicans or right-wingers or Trump supposedly breaking the law. And the right is better at this game.
Nice try. This happened because a bunch of UNC students are totalitarians that hate democracy.
ftfy
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 03:30:02 PM »

Nice try. This happened because a bunch of UNC students are totalitarians that hate democracy.
ftfy
Whatever happened to Republicans caring about an overarching and overly powerful government interfering in the decisions of local communities? Oh right, that's only when it's something they don't like and they have zero principles. Smiley
Talking about me or Republicans in general? I haven't been supporting "small government" for years.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »

Agree.
But if government refuses to adhere to the wishes of the local people in the area, then tear/topple them down, and if they are damaged? Oh well.

The statue was there before the UNC students were there. Perhaps they should have picked a different university if they disliked the statue so much.

That's ignorant.
Who cares when it was originally placed there; it has no basis to anything.

Let's extend your "brilliant theory" and say that the statue was already there, so you shouldn't go to any school in NC, or you shouldn't live anywhere in NC (if you don't agree with the statue).
Or for that matter, the statue was already in the USA (nation), so go to school or go live in Canada if you don't like the traitorous statues.
Sounds good to me!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »

Agree.
The problem with this line of argument (or any argument that starts with 'well maybe they should've') is that it is incredibly lazy, ineffective, and trollish and it just ends up making the person making it look like an asshole.
Really? Every argument starting with "they should've" is ineffective and makes you sound like a troll or an a**hole? I sure hope I won't see you criticizing any policy by the Trump administration anytime soon then...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 05:53:56 PM »

All involved should be criminally charged with vandalism if the school will not discipline.
This. I hope UNC will punish them (won't hold my breath though, academia is lost...) and I hope footage of this disturbing event can be used to help the GOP win elections -- in NC as well as elsewhere. Fits perfectly in the "left gone wild" narrative that needs to be promoted everywhere.
Yes, there are millions of untapped “resentful Confederate” votes out there Trump hasn’t turned out already. This will wake them up.
If it helps him win a second time, that would be great.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 06:17:46 PM »

Yes, there are millions of untapped “resentful Confederate” votes out there Trump hasn’t turned out already. This will wake them up.
DavidB supports those who scream-out "Jews will not replace us," as long as they vote for trump a second time. "That would be great???"
And then he wonders why various people in Atlas notice and question how his words are in direct contradiction to his heritage/faith.
Whatever.
I missed the part where everybody who dislikes students toppling this statue is chanting antisemitic statements. Quite a reach right there. All I was saying is that people's outrage over far-left students engaging in actions such as this one could very well help convince voters to re-elect Trump, and that this would be great.

All of the rest is your wrong assumption.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 06:23:17 PM »

Yes I'm sure there are thousands of voters out there who are planning on voting against Trump but will vote for him upon hearing a statue they've probably never seen was toppled somewhere far away.
I don't think it is unlikely at all that there will be a lot of Trump 2016 voters who are disappointed in Trump's achievements (he hasn't done much for the "forgotten people" at all, particularly in economic terms), who might stay home altogether, but who will ultimately vote for him a second time when a Democratic candidate goes full idpol overdrive and Trump's campaign is focused on this type of derangement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies