Is Kerry Ineligible for the Presidency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:44:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Is Kerry Ineligible for the Presidency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Kerry Ineligible for the Presidency?  (Read 3251 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: August 04, 2004, 10:44:33 PM »

this will get about as far as Ramsey Clark's movement to impeach Bush.

I think you're too optimistic.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:54:40 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2004, 10:55:16 PM by Lunar »

That's interesting - I doubt seriously that it would be successful on even the lower levels, but it's the effort that counts. It might help get truth out there about this guy, but when you have 200+ plus guys saying he isn't fit to serve and the media gives greater weight to the 10 or 11 partisans that follow his campaign around

Those 10 or 11 guys were actually in his boat.    Kerry's campaign actively supports them, which is why they get attention.  I think one of them is a Republican too, for what it's worth.

Bush's campaign doesn't actively prop up those Swift Boat Captains Against Kerry or whatever they're called, so they aren't covered as much in the campaign coverage.  Bush tried doing similar things with another fringe group against McCain in the South Carolina primaries and got it shot back in his face when McCain called him on it.  I think Bush is mostly keeping his hands off this hot potato.

I don't know, I'm pessimistic about it even getting any attention. Add to it that he neglected and ignored his duty and obligation as an officer to report the atrocities he claimed were going on in Vietnam

Kerry actually admitted to committing a war crime (burning down a village).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 11:14:01 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2004, 11:15:22 PM by Lunar »

How many of those 200 people have met him?

They're simply veterans who were offended by his anti-war protests.  I don't see what's special about them that allows them to better judge Kerry's actions than the general public.

I brought up McCain as an example about how these fringe military groups are everywhere and don't necessarily deserve any special notice.   I also brought him up as an explanation why Bush will ignore these guys, but maybe he'll surprise me.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 12:48:41 AM »

Ah, my mistake then.  I thought only one person was actually abord Kerry's ship (a staunch Republican) and I thought that the superior officers never actually met him.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 12:26:03 PM »

Speaking of McCain, he recently condemned an anti-Kerry ad featuring these swiftboat fellows and urged Bush to do the same.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies