Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:00:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 30730 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: February 06, 2019, 07:39:57 PM »

I like her just fine as a Senator and I don't really have anything against her, but I always fail to recognize what she would bring differently to the field. She is a pretty generic Democrat in my opinion. But maybe that's a good thing. Generic Democrat always does well in polling. She also seems to have less baggage than the other female Senators...for the most part (see that thread about her possibly mistreating staff). So, I don't know. I'm definitely willing to hear her out, and at the very least, I agree that she would make a decent running mate for a male nominee.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 08:39:28 PM »

I still find it odd that Klobuchar of all people has a controversy like this. She seems like such a nice, benign, Midwestern person.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 08:03:34 PM »

Simply put, she is just too dull. I'm usually someone who doesn't care about how charismatic or exciting a candidate is, but even I can't help but zone out when she speaks. In addition, she is far too cautious with the policies she advocates for, even as I appreciate their practicality. But that's part of a bigger issue where she doesn't quite have a signature message like the other female Senators running have, especially in a packed field like this. She seems to be relying on her alleged Midwestern appeal like Tim Ryan. Actually, she kind of is like the female Tim Ryan. Her also being an abusive boss also doesn't help.

To be fair though, her consistently polling within the top ten (she's usually always behind Booker but ahead of everyone else) isn't actually so bad for her, relatively speaking.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 07:28:51 PM »

She may have helped halt his momentum, but there are more factors than this that did it. Don't forget about Warren's "wine cave" attack. Also, it's a bit premature to say this. We don't know how the next debate will go, even as it looks like Iowa is moving away from him.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 07:39:20 PM »

If Amy was a man, I bet she would be ahead of the pack today. Just saying...

She is the only well-rounded candidate in my book, and if you look at her objectively it would be obvious to everyone. She is the perfect age. Has great political experience at getting things done. She is from snow country and is tough. She even looks the most presidential in my book. Of course if you are Republican then none of this matters, but it should matter to Dems.

Trump would be at a disadvantage by debating a strong female such as Amy....she would likely stomp all over him, and there is plenty to stomp on for sure. I'd like to see her be the one to debate our bully impeached dictator.

There are still the issues of her (or "him" in this hypothetical) not being much of an already established figure though. If you ask me, that has been the most important factor in who has been doing the most consistently well in this primary. I agree though that "he" would almost certainly be doing better though.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 09:02:45 PM »

I wish she would be given the chance. I think the work she would do as President would be on a higher level than the others, and also on a broader scale, touching more people.

But people don't care for her personality. That's what they say. But I like her personality. I like her short quips. She is intelligent and aware of the plight of females and also of Americans around our country. Maybe next time....

You had me until the end. There is no plight of females.

The plight I am referring to is that there has never been a female President. If that means nothing to you, so be it. But females know what I'm talking about when I say "plight" in this instance.

The fact that he self-identifies as a "men's rights advocate" means he is not worth arguing with.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 07:37:10 PM »

If she were to somehow make some quick and large inroads with the black community I think she could become the new mainstream favorite, after last night, to compete against Sanders. That's not going to happen though.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 07:22:07 PM »

Reason #405,532 that newspaper endorsements don’t matter.

That's true of endorsements in general, for the most part.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies