Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:00:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 106332 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2375 on: May 01, 2024, 03:16:46 PM »

I've considered buying a new car lately and even went to a dealer last weekend to check various small SUVs like Opel Grandland, but ultimately decided against it. At least for the next two to three years. Not because I would struggle to afford the budget limit I've set for myself, but because I reconsidered my priorities. Additionally, it was somewhat laughable how much - or less I should say - the dealer offered for my current car compared to its actual value based on comparisons and online calculators.

My current automobile, a 2011 Mitsubishi Colt bought in 2015, is still running like a fine tuned machine and only has close to 83k kilometers (51k miles) on its clock. Most of the distances I drive are relatively short anyway, like 16 kilometers (10 miles) to work, and that just two or three days a week in the office while working remote the remaining days. I've now scheduled an appointment for a general checkup of my car to ensure it continues to run smoothly for the next couple of years. Over these past nine years, the Colt has produced very little cost for any repair services and is also cheap in terms of insurance and tax. Considering the amount of time I spend driving, I've concluded that it wasn't worth spending 15-20k Euros for a bit more comfort and horsepower, even though I could have easily paid for it.

Obviously the situation would change once the Mitusbishi starts making trouble, but we're not there yet. I've seen various Colts being sold online with much more kilometers on the count, so if properly maintained, it should be fine for a few more years. And I honestly still like my car.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2376 on: May 02, 2024, 09:29:00 PM »

Staying in Vermont; took a day trip to Montreal.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2377 on: May 04, 2024, 06:57:38 PM »

Bahston tamorrah.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2378 on: May 05, 2024, 08:05:59 AM »

I'm done with finals and living in my childhood home for the summer. Now to look for a summer job...hopefully I hear back soon.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2379 on: May 06, 2024, 06:42:39 PM »

Pro tip if you're ever on a date with someone whose first language isn't English and who didn't grow up in the Anglosphere: the "why is 6 afraid of 7?" joke absolutely kills.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2380 on: May 07, 2024, 02:07:53 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2024, 03:49:21 PM by 𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆 »

I actually know someone who has a relative still alive who was born when Taft (!) was President of the USA.

I have just learnt (with some delay) that she has since died. She lived to be one of the very oldest people in the country. RIP.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2381 on: May 07, 2024, 07:12:44 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2024, 03:02:38 PM by FEMA Camp Administrator »

Been a good week in the Northeast. Saw five friends and six new states (and one new province!). Spent nights in VT, ME, MA, and, most recently, Upstate NY. Headed back to Michigan today. This'll probably be my last trip until I get my final job offer and am getting ready to move out to California.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2382 on: Today at 05:32:15 PM »

Leaving for Italy two weeks from today!

But, I had a weird question.  I was looking at average temperatures for Italy, and I noticed that Rome overall has very similar temperatures to Nashville.  However, there's one time of year where Nashville is dramatically warmer- April through June.  Do any weather nerds on here know why somewhere like Italy would be much slower to transition from spring to summer than somewhere like Tennessee- even if its summers are ultimately close to the same temperature by August?  September and October are also a bit warmer in Tennessee, while winters are a bit warmer in Rome.

Not complaining that it probably won't be 90 degrees when I'm in Italy, but I'm kind of curious why not.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2383 on: Today at 07:03:21 PM »

But, I had a weird question.  I was looking at average temperatures for Italy, and I noticed that Rome overall has very similar temperatures to Nashville.  However, there's one time of year where Nashville is dramatically warmer- April through June.  Do any weather nerds on here know why somewhere like Italy would be much slower to transition from spring to summer than somewhere like Tennessee- even if its summers are ultimately close to the same temperature by August?  September and October are also a bit warmer in Tennessee, while winters are a bit warmer in Rome.

Not complaining that it probably won't be 90 degrees when I'm in Italy, but I'm kind of curious why not.

I mean, Italy is further north, no?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2384 on: Today at 07:08:22 PM »

I mean, Italy is further north, no?

Oh, absolutely.  Italy is warmer than it "should" be based on latitude, but my question was more about why there's a difference one time of year in particular.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies