The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 03:13:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)  (Read 11408 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: December 03, 2018, 06:19:15 PM »

Because I thought WB was capable of running an efficient presidency based on what I observed behind the scenes. Of course, debate hasn’t been substantive as I’d like. As for this election, both Pericles and Lumine have caused uproar in the past, but I do think Pericles will add debate and ideas to the Senate while Lumine seems focused on game reform, which doesn’t seem to be that high of a priority right now to the Senate. I will say I would have considered voting for Koppa had he been active in the debate and not dropped out but I don’t think he would have been active.

The House of Representatives is passing sweeping legislation that is pro-worker, pro-immigrant, and pro-Atlasian! We are currently amending the Constitution to make government work more efficiently. The Senate has likewise been drafting legislation. This has been a productive administration!

It takes a person who seriously doesn't pay attention to the game to think this session of Congress and this administration has been productive. Either that or simply being delusional.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »

There is a huge list of things that the President can and should be doing, and it's painfully obvious he's made no effort to do so.

But I get it, it must be very hard to get to the work he's supposed to do here. It'd take too much time away from him posting dumb memes on discord.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »

There is a huge list of things that the President can and should be doing, and it's painfully obvious he's made no effort to do so.

But I get it, it must be very hard to get to the work he's supposed to do here. It'd take too much time away from him posting dumb memes on discord.

Ultimately it is the responsibility of Congress to pass legislation not the President. Surely Weatherboy would support all of the legislation passed by our left-wing house, but unfortunately the senate has refused to act. This is the fault of the Senate, not of the President. Just as Presidents in the former united states could not force the Senate to be attentive to the will of the nation, Weatherboy cannot do so here. Of course there are "soft power" things you can do, which I imagine may be going on behind the scenes, away from the public boards and from lokcord. But ultimately it is the Senate's laziness that is most impacting this nation, not that of the President.

I'm not just talking legislation.

That being said, there are two administration agenda slots in the House, there for weatherboy to use (something he'd know if he ever bothered to do his job in the House). But just like everything else he has done in his Atlasian career, he's all talk, and no action.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 05:49:07 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2018, 05:54:03 PM by fhtagn »

One will notice the most productive House was when I was Dpeaker? Coincidence? I think not!

No, it was a coincidence seeing as how Federalists wrote something like 2/3rds of all bills that session. Plus you had the benefit of an active Deputy who helped keep the floor moving and whipped votes. Given how few bills are being drafted now that Labor/left controls both houses is a pretty good indication that you can't claim most of the credit for the 59 bills/resolutions passed in the 13th.

In case you weren't aware, I haven't been in Congress until yesterday. And the bill count slumped when fhtagn was Speaker. Any objective assessment would be that I did a great job.

Any objective assessment would see that I was the one making almost all of the floor motions and keeping things moving in the 13th Congress (on the House end).  The left deserves no credit for the 13th Congress because they didn't really contribute anything, despite having a majority.

And the slump in bill counts after that were because most of what Mr. R and I planned to accomplish already passed in the previous Congress, and we were still the main contributors in the 14th. Y'all had every opportunity to write bills, and like always, decided to do nothing instead, despite campaigning on several issues. Even you had these elaborate campaigns on big issues you'd fight for, and you wrote like 3 bills.

Your signature may have been on House bills passed in the 13th Congress, but anyone who paid attention knows you did nothing to deserve credit.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 07:27:05 PM »

Y'all are idiots if you genuinely think that any sort of bill slump is solely due to who was speaker, or who was president, or because 'the party I disagree with is worse at getting bills through.' There are lots of variables at play (how many bills the citizens are writing, the individual beliefs of the representatives, whether or not bills are being rushed, etc.) You can't just look at who was president or speaker or the CEO of the McDonald's at the time, because it's not accurate, and doesn't say too much about the actual bills being passed.
ding ding ding

Oh I don't deserve all the credit but saying the Speaker deserves no credit is wrong and they certainly an make a positive impact if they are competent and dedicated as I was. So I think it's reasonable to give me some credit and hold speakers accountable for activity.
Fhtagn had to fill in for you at times I seem to remember when you were speaker because you didn't always do everything.Also the speaker is only a procedural office they aren't tasked with writing legislation.

Well of course I don't deserve all the credit. However Congress would have been far less successful without my hard work. And it's nottenable to say the Speaker should get no credit. Furthermore I was the vast majority if the time on top of stiff, I think fhtagn was trying to undermine me by doing motions right away when I was temporarily occupied by rl concerns and would have done it an hour later anyway. The fact is I invited members to give feedback and they consistently gave me positive comments on how I'd been doing. The one opposing example was when fhtagn chose to attack my performance on the public Discord when  nobody, including her, had ever tried to raise the concerns she gave in private and actually try and make Congress work better if they were so concerned. So it's pretty clear to me fhtagn's ego just can't handle that I did a fine job as Speaker.
The fact that you think me keeping things moving at the necessary pace to get the record we got in the 13th Congress was some way of undermining you just shows how arrogant you are.

And once again, we got that record because the Federalists were the ones doing all the work. It was clear you and the rest of the leftists that had the majority at the time weren't interested in writing bills and keeping things moving. 
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 08:04:11 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2018, 08:20:27 PM by Lumine »

[REDACTED]

Anyway the idea that the Federalists should get 100% of the credit whenever something good happens is arrogant, delusional, and just plain wrong(as fhtagn would say anyone paying attention would know that). And it just goesro show how impressed the Atlasian people were with Speaker fhatgn that they re-elected her resoundingly-no wait they fired her and now she has to resort to recalling her own parties Senators to try and grab an office again. Sad!

We do deserve the credit for the 13th Congress.  That's just a fact. If it wasn't for us, we wouldn't have broken any records for bills passed. That session iirc you wrote two bills. OneJ didn't write a single bill. Razze didn't write a single bill. weatherboy didn't write a single bill. Peebs didnt write a single bill. Most of the worst offenders of missed votes came from the leftist slate. Why should the left get any credit for that when it's obvious they didn't contribute?

And if you think me losing was a matter of folks not electing me, you're grossly uninformed. Several late voters who would have otherwise voted to save me voted for other candidates because I asked them to. Several folks involved can vouch for me on this. Unlike you, I'm willing to put my party members above myself. That's what makes a good party leader, and why unlike PUP, we aren't dead.

You are also incredibly uninformed about the Lechasseur recall. He had not logged into the forum for quite some time, and in that time, the South had been lacking any representation in the Senate. At the time of the recall petition, we had no knowledge of Lechasseur's situation, and as Southerners, we felt the need to take action. Also unlike you, I'm willing to hold my party members accountable when they're inactive. We don't prop up do-nothing officeholders for the highest office you can be elected to in game. Even weatherboy admits he achieved nothing in game prior to running, but somehow you thought that made him qualified.

Had Lechasseur not come back, there were other folks who expressed interest in running for the seat, and they can vouch that I had told them to go for it if they wanted to. You don't really have any room to make false accusations about me when you literally deregistered just so you can skip a region lock and run for a seat in Fremont.

I suggest getting over this unhealthy obsession and delusional assumptions about me, Pericles. To be completely honest, it's a bit creepy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies