AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:07:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 55456 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 24, 2022, 11:31:20 PM »

I think Sinema is going to try to run as a Republican, her moves in the past year just make no sense otherwise. I doubt she could win a GOP primary though, even with establishment R support.

Maybe if DeSantis wins the primary and puts his support behind her, though. Otherwise Sinema is toast - she’s DOA against Gallego in a Dem primary.

Sinema vs Gallego in 2024 would be a pure tossup imo, Gallego would be Lean D against anyone else (Schweikert maybe?).

She voted twice to convict Trump. She is DOA in a Republican primary.

I don't think she cares about her political prospects. She's already checked out to her inevitable lobbying job.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 12:26:15 PM »

I think a lot of people underestimate just how radioactive and unlikeable Sinema is. No Democrats are going to vote for her - even the normies are pissed. The McCain-types will, sure, but the AZGOP will run a lunatic. Someone like Lake could win but I doubt the AZGOP will run someone sane.

That leaves indies, who don't really like her either because she is not a maverick. She is a self-serving hack.

There's no more truly narcissistic "Democrat" in politics. Never mind the Clintons - Sinema used progressives to climb the ladder and pulled it up when she reached the top.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 07:33:52 AM »

Your next big Fox News contributor, friends.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 03:41:23 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2024, 03:45:28 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

Gutless f**king clout-chasing coward. All my contempt goes towards these assholes who sell out their constituents and are too scared to face them.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 03:43:11 PM »

While I expect Sinema to just retire from politics and get some cushy private sector/lobbying job, I also wouldn’t at all be surprised if this No Labels ticket happens.

Don't be surprised if she becomes a Fox News talking head like the other famous progressive-turned-conservative in politics.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 01:31:13 AM »

What a shame that one of the most effective, bipartisan, and hardworking, no-nonsense Senators I have EVER seen was forced out due to hyperpartisanship. No one has had a more successful one-term Senate career IMO. She is an absolutely brilliant legislator and was extremely instrumental in bringing people from all sides of the political spectrum together to pass good, longstanding legislation.

I had a feeling this was coming, but it's devastating nonetheless. When she won in 2018 I envisioned a long career as a leading Senate moderate for her, which was perfect for a purple state like Arizona. Instead, the leftist activists and their damn purity tests decided she wasn't good enough.

I hope she runs for President under No Labels or for Governor of AZ one day.

Enjoy Senator Kari Lake, y'all. Sinema woud've won easily if Gallego didn't get in.

Can't take the blue out of the blue av!
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 02:15:08 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2024, 02:20:34 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

Bernie with the best reaction to the amazing news.

What an idiotic thing to say towards a fellow sitting senator. Bernie Sanders is a garbage human. Remind me again how much legislation he's been instrumental in passing?

You think Bernie caused more harm to America than Ron DeSantis. You don't get to discuss Dem politics.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 03:21:41 PM »

You think Bernie caused more harm to America than Ron DeSantis. You don't get to discuss Dem politics.
Wait, for real? Who let bro cook?

If Biden was any weaker on Israel, he would be attacked relentlessly by the right in the same way they are attacking him for being weak on other foreign policy / border issues. He would lose far more people than just super online leftists who have their heads too far up their own a$$es to understand the gravity of a second Trump term.

But seriously, I'd like to give a sincere middle finger to Bernie, who continues to do more damage to our country than anyone other than Trump himself. Bernie needs to retire and be shunned from politics forever. He is absolutely one of the worst politicians in American history and words cannot describe just how much I loathe him.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 07:01:06 PM »

the governor of the third largest state in the union

who spearheaded the revival of the anti-gay movement and the trans panic

is less powerful than a random senator from vermont

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 05:49:21 PM »

the governor of the third largest state in the union

who spearheaded the revival of the anti-gay movement and the trans panic

is less powerful than a random senator from vermont

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS

“A random senator from Vermont”.

Don’t you mean a two-time Democratic presidential runner-up and the de facto leader of the American progressive movement for nearly a decade.

Yes, and that is what he has largely been. He certainly pushed policies from within, like stimulus and student loan forgiveness, but he has for all intents and purposes been a loyal partisan Democrat. I don't want to derail this thread into more 2016/2020 litigation. All I'll say is that nobody is entitled to the nomination and if a candidate wanted to win, then maybe they should have appealed to more voters.

I don't think I need to explain to people why using the power of the state to shove people into the closet is harmful. The LGBT movement used to be a consensus - remember when McCrory got schlonged by Cooper for proposing the same stuff that you see nowadays? Now it's moreso accepted! You have people encouraging hate against the LGBT community and its allies and supposed "Democrats" are still throwing a hissy fit about a primary from nine years ago.

Saying Bernie caused more harm than DeSantis is genuinely one of the most privileged things I've heard in my ten years on this forum. Maybe he's not a random Senator from Vermont anymore, but he's definitely taken a back seat while DeSantis has cemented himself in the now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies