IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:07:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising  (Read 56881 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: November 14, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 07:40:17 PM »

I want Bustos! She's not from Chicago, so it would be a great plus.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 04:44:55 PM »

Windjammer to Mark Kirk: Shut up!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 05:23:35 PM »

He was the one Republican to vote against defunding PP. He's so scared of re-election, he really is.
I'm truly wondering if keeping the support of some suburban Chicago moderates (by voting against defunding PP) outweighs losing the support of downstate conservatives, who might now be inclined to abstain. It probably doesn't really matter, however, since Kirk can't afford losing either of these two constituencies. Politically, he's a dead man walking (figuratively...) - I really can't see him winning in 2016. It's a shame that for moderates, there seems to be no place in the Senate anymore. Even though I'm pro-life, I still like Kirk very, very much.
Well, considering he's not a moderate at all, his more likely than not defeat will change nothing Smiley.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »

He was the one Republican to vote against defunding PP. He's so scared of re-election, he really is.
I'm truly wondering if keeping the support of some suburban Chicago moderates (by voting against defunding PP) outweighs losing the support of downstate conservatives, who might now be inclined to abstain. It probably doesn't really matter, however, since Kirk can't afford losing either of these two constituencies. Politically, he's a dead man walking (figuratively...) - I really can't see him winning in 2016. It's a shame that for moderates, there seems to be no place in the Senate anymore. Even though I'm pro-life, I still like Kirk very, very much.q
Well, considering he's not a moderate at all, his more likely than not defeat will change nothing Smiley.

He's more moderate than Duckworth would be.

Exactly.
I don't remember Duckworth making racist statements.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 02:40:21 PM »

Moderate is not a static term. Kirk has cast some votes that really are not in line with his state, which is not really being moderate. Duckworth is a better fit for the state and that is what really counts.

Duckworth allegedly violated the state's ethics act. Is breaking the law part of being a good fit for Illinois?

I get you don't like Kirk. That's fine. But the Democrat who is ethical is Andrea Zopp, not Duckworth.
What?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 03:23:25 PM »

Moderate is not a static term. Kirk has cast some votes that really are not in line with his state, which is not really being moderate. Duckworth is a better fit for the state and that is what really counts.

Duckworth allegedly violated the state's ethics act. Is breaking the law part of being a good fit for Illinois?

I get you don't like Kirk. That's fine. But the Democrat who is ethical is Andrea Zopp, not Duckworth.
What?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=526941810786614&id=308836329263831
What was this ad referring to?

-----------------
I'm truly wondering if keeping the support of some suburban Chicago moderates (by voting against defunding PP) outweighs losing the support of downstate conservatives, who might now be inclined to abstain. It probably doesn't really matter, however, since Kirk can't afford losing either of these two constituencies. Politically, he's a dead man walking (figuratively...) - I really can't see him winning in 2016. It's a shame that for moderates, there seems to be no place in the Senate anymore. Even though I'm pro-life, I still like Kirk very, very much.q

He's more moderate than Duckworth would be.

Exactly.
I don't remember Duckworth making racist statements.
Seriously...? I genuinely hope you're referring to something I don't know and not to the Graham gaffe, because if you consider that racist, I just don't know what to say anymore. There is a maximum to legitimate sensitivity, you know.
Of course this is racist.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »

Kirk is toast. So if they can spend money here, good news Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies