IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:32:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising  (Read 56753 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 17, 2015, 02:55:38 AM »

Joe Walsh wants to challenge Kirk

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150216/news/150219038/

This would be comedic gold, as is any time Walsh makes his way into relevancy.

Also any time and money Kirk would have to waste with Walsh would be excellent.

If he actually managed to become the nominee, I would cackle, but even a semi-close primary would be amusing.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:00:35 AM »

I think Duckworth is a good candidate; not as good as her hype, but a good, solid candidate.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »

Damn, this is going to be a nasty campaign. Anyway, it would probably be better for Dems if someone else won the Primary IMO. Duckworth is a very overrated candidate.

Perhaps. Though I would say that Duckworth neutralizes two advantages that Kirk would usually have: 1) sympathy for his physical handicap (I think "lost both legs in a war" wins over stroke in terms of sympathy points, though both are tragic), and 2) military service.

Also, I am highly amused by the fact that the anti-Duckworth ads never mention that Duckworth is a veteran, and take great pains to avoid showing any pictures of her where the viewer could see her prosthetic legs.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 09:12:52 PM »

Damn, this is going to be a nasty campaign. Anyway, it would probably be better for Dems if someone else won the Primary IMO. Duckworth is a very overrated candidate.

Perhaps. Though I would say that Duckworth neutralizes two advantages that Kirk would usually have: 1) sympathy for his physical handicap (I think "lost both legs in a war" wins over stroke in terms of sympathy points, though both are tragic), and 2) military service.

Also, I am highly amused by the fact that the anti-Duckworth ads never mention that Duckworth is a veteran, and take great pains to avoid showing any pictures of her where the viewer could see her prosthetic legs.

Well, why would he? Of course he wouldn't bring that up in his own ad.

Oh, of course he wouldn't, but it seems pretty clear that he's terrified of voters realizing that Duckworth isn't exactly the average Chicagoland politician, even if there are (weak) allegations of corruption against her.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »

Apparently there might be a third contender in the Dem primary, Cook Commissioner Richard Boykin formed an exploratory committee. I imagine he's in it to take votes away from Zopp and ensure a Duckworth victory.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 12:36:39 AM »

Hahaha, he's trying to fearmonger about the Middle East when his opponent actually fought in the Middle East. Good luck there Senator, you'll need it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies