1996 United States Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:56:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1996 United States Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Maybe we can get some excitement out of this.
President Mario Cuomo (Democrat-New York)/Secretary of Energy Edmund G. "Jerry" Brown, Jr. (Democrat-California)

Mr. Patrick J. "Pat" Buchanan (Republican-Virginia)/Former Governor Evan Mecham (Republican-Arizona)

Mr. Ralph Nader (Green-Connecticut)/Former Governor Richard "Dick" Lamm (Reform-Colorado)

Mr. Ralph Nader (Green-Connecticut)/Congressman Bernie Sanders (Independent-Vermont)

Mr. Harry Browne (Libertarian-Tennessee)/Ms. Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian-South Carolina)

Mr. H. Ross Perot (Independent-Texas)/Former Mayor Jesse Ventura (Independent-Minnesota)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: 1996 United States Presidential Election  (Read 10460 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 17, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »

Vote Perot and protest election fraud.  The Republicans should be with us on this.

What election fraud?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »

Vote Perot and protest election fraud.  The Republicans should be with us on this.

What election fraud?

Buchanan and Nader in the Reform slot.

But they both won.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »

What election fraud?

But they both won.

By fraud....?  Even if you don't agree, you see what the implication I was going for was, yes?

I see the implication, yes; I was saying that they won in their own right. The only nominee who it could be argued was nominated fraudulently was Leonard Wood.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 05:08:35 PM »

Perot's total is now equal to the combined totals of Nader and Cuomo.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »

Hm. I'm torn between Nader and Cuomo, but seeing as Nader's in 2nd and Cuomo's in 3rd, I'm leaning towards calling the whole left to rally behind Nader/Sanders, if we must rally around one of them.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »

Come on, left!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 08:41:04 PM »

Will this split in the left elect Perot? Stay tuned to find out!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 08:02:31 AM »

What election fraud?

But they both won.

By fraud....?  Even if you don't agree, you see what the implication I was going for was, yes?

I see the implication, yes; I was saying that they won in their own right. The only nominee who it could be argued was nominated fraudulently was Leonard Wood.

Now say that again with a straight face Wink

Gladly. What evidence do you have that Buchanan and Nader were nominated fraudulently? Also, do you think all those Clinton votes in the 1992 and 1996 Democratic primaries were frauds or real?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »

15-15-15! No matter how this ends up, it needs to go to the House.

Perot will probably win there - the five other votes are for Buchanan and Browne.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »

What election fraud?

But they both won.

Gladly. What evidence do you have that Buchanan and Nader were nominated fraudulently? Also, do you think all those Clinton votes in the 1992 and 1996 Democratic primaries were frauds or real?

Perhaps the fact that people have been admitting to it?

Uh, who has been admitting to it? Show me proof.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »

What election fraud?

But they both won.

Read the Republican run off thread.  Even if you guys were voting for not-Buchanan, it doesn't matter.

So...Buchanan was nominated fraudulently because Democrats voted against him? How does that work?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »

What election fraud?

But they both won.

Read the Republican run off thread.  Even if you guys were voting for not-Buchanan, it doesn't matter.

So...Buchanan was nominated fraudulently because Democrats voted against him? How does that work?

Well, there's two points.

1)  It could be a cover up Wink

2)  Others who did not talk.

Not sure if serious or just trolling.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 05:38:52 PM »

This is going to be the closest election since 1912 if this keeps up.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »

Yo, lefties, we need to reach a consensus on who to elect if and when this goes to the House. Browne's and Buchanan's votes will all probably go to Perot, so we've got to make a choice here. If we absolutely must compromise, I'd recommend going for Cuomo, as we can still have Nader in 2000, but not Cuomo. Thoughts?[/notsosecretleftistconspiracy]
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »

Yo, lefties, we need to reach a consensus on who to elect if and when this goes to the House. Browne's and Buchanan's votes will all probably go to Perot, so we've got to make a choice here. If we absolutely must compromise, I'd recommend going for Cuomo, as we can still have Nader in 2000, but not Cuomo. Thoughts?[/notsosecretleftistconspiracy]
Nader. Cuomo is unpopular, he was almost defeated in the primary, and you want him to remain in the office?

Birch Bayh was almost defeated in both of his primaries.

How about we all agree to vote for the guy who has the most popular votes, OK? Deal? Deal.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »

How about we all agree to vote for the guy who has the most popular votes, OK? Deal? Deal.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »

I just realized that none of the non-Cuomo candidates have ever held elected office.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 07:10:34 AM »

Cuomo would win in the house since Nader's votes would go to him.

What do you mean "Cuomo would win in the House"? We are the House. Nader's votes will only go to Cuomo if they want to.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »

Cathcon is probably right, and not just because he's God. Considering just how entrenched the Democrats have become in this timeline, groups outside of the political establishment are probably willing to work across ideological lines to push them out. I expect that some kind of Naderite/Perotist coalition will win this election.

Nader/Ventura? Perot/Sanders?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »

Cathcon is probably right, and not just because he's God. Considering just how entrenched the Democrats have become in this timeline, groups outside of the political establishment are probably willing to work across ideological lines to push them out. I expect that some kind of Naderite/Perotist coalition will win this election.

Nader/Ventura? Perot/Sanders?

In 2004: President The Body?

We shall see, Sam. It depends on your vote potentially maybe on Tuesday.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 04:40:13 AM »

So I guess all the Nader voters will decide the election if and when this goes to the House. This'll be fun.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 04:50:43 AM »

So I guess all the Nader voters will decide the election if and when this goes to the House. This'll be fun.

And the Buchananites/Browneites. I guess it's Perot all the way.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 10:32:02 AM »

Actually Cuomo is winning by three votes, so it is far from guaranteed that this will even go to the House Tongue

Although don't we have a sort of unofficial 35% cutoff point?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »

Cuomo/Sanders compromise ticket!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 12:27:46 PM »

Also, it looks like Buchanan is on track to have the lowest percentage by a major party candidate ever, beating Al Smith, who got 7.7% in 1924.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies