So lets discuss which Democratic Representatives need to be primaried in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:20:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  So lets discuss which Democratic Representatives need to be primaried in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So lets discuss which Democratic Representatives need to be primaried in 2020  (Read 10201 times)
MassBlueDog
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

« on: March 02, 2019, 01:19:42 PM »

Ilhan Omar

Rashida Tliab

AOC: These three are singlehandedly hurting the Dem image.  I'm all for there being progressives, but these three are too polarizing.

Lipisnki: I'm a blue dog, but even by blue dog standards, Lipinski just sucks.

Cuellar: I'm all for voting or even endorsing Republicans, but c'mon.  John Carter is a right wing tea party loony, and MJ Hegar was endorsed by the Blue Dogs.

Sheila Jackson Lee: Just because you can be an ass to interns doesn't mean you should.

Gabbard

Shahala: She somehow made a district that was only Republican because of Ros-Lehtinen competitive.
MassBlueDog
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 02:57:03 PM »

He openly supported LGBT conversion therapy in 1995 and gave a BS apology about it when it came out in the primary.

He's not sorry that he dehumanized people. He's sorry that he got flack for it in the primary. Thank God Case won.

In what capacity did he support conversion therapy? I can't seem to find what his role was in 1995; he joined the HNL prosecutor's office in 1998. He was very pro-LGBT+ rights as AG. I guess for me his actual policy impact outweighs his earlier personal foibles, but I also was unaware of that past.
I mean, wasn't Hawaii very socially conservative in the 90s?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies