GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:27:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 81716 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: August 28, 2019, 02:23:06 PM »

Will Sarah Riggs Amico run for the special election?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 02:50:50 PM »

Will Sarah Riggs Amico run for the special election?
As of today- No. She was on Political Rewind and she said she had every intention of defeating Perdue. Believes she can pin him on his business experience as they both come from the private sector.
Dumb choice.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 05:17:19 PM »

Gov. Kemp is now taking job applications for the appointment to the seat.

Apparently, it's all about transparency.

Make of that what you will. I wonder if there will be televised job interviews for the finalists, that would be something.
I wonder if someone who lives in Georgia and is on atlas will sign up because why not.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 08:04:44 PM »

Adam Griffin for Senate, The Democratic Donald Trump!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 02:41:08 PM »

Also, the most qualified on the list is that A. Thomas Stubbs person.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 07:53:07 PM »

I like the guy who said he was fluent in English and put down his drivers license under licensing
Also, they updated more.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »

Hopefully someone good will run, I wonder why Riggs Amico has a huge ego and thinks that she can win in the primary against Tomlinson and Ossoff.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 07:52:10 AM »

What the actual f**k was Kemp thinking when he picked her? She's been a complete disaster from the start in every way possible.

Are there any Georgia posters (or people more in tune to state politics) who know why on earth Kemp picked her? Was it a literal F you to every elected republican in Georgia?

Her ability to keep the seat for the GOP by self-funding & (presumably) not being as much of an electoral disaster for the GOP in the suburbs as Collins.
Even Handel would do better then LOLfer.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 08:19:34 AM »

Why did the state rep that endorsed Trump do so well in the runoff in 2008 against Jim Martin, would he have done better against Saxby in 2008 had he been the nominee?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 07:29:08 AM »

If Lieberman is the Dem in the runoff, that would be a nightmare for the DSCC.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »

Yeah, Lieberman will be the nominee
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 07:22:08 AM »

If I had to support a candidate today, I'd support Lieberman because he has a more likely chance in the first election.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »

Hopefully Taver doesn't have a big ego and drops out.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 06:22:51 PM »

Hopefully Taver doesn't have a big ego and drops out.
And Lieberman. If he remains in past August, he is ego-driven and self-serving.
It all depends should he be leading in the polls, I don't want Warnock, should he be third/fourth, he should drop out.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 03:42:51 PM »

Looks like the Oppo research found something.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2020, 01:59:56 PM by Ishan »

If Lieberman somehow does well after this, it is clear that GA dems should have got someone else who has campaigned for something before.

I've seen the reviews and even though the reviews were around the time when the book was published, and it doesn't sound racist if you read the amazon reviews though it may have racist tropes. https://www.amazon.com/Lucius-Matthew-Lieberman/dp/1984186523/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Also, reading the AJC article, it is clear that the GA dems have anointed their candidate even before the book released, as I like this paragraph in the AJC article, "And while Warnock is featured regularly on cable shows and national events — the pastor just helped officiate at John Lewis’ funeral — Lieberman spends his time in relative obscurity. He said he spends hours each day calling donors and introducing himself to activists. His calendar is only now starting to fill up with a handful of virtual gatherings, he said.", even though I support Warnock, the GA Dems are clearly biased for Warnock, you could replace Warnock with Democratic endorsed candidate, and replace Lieberman with the other candidate.

For GA Dems, what do you think will be the political future for Lieberman if he could run for something, as if he runs for something downballot, State Superintendent of Schools or Secretary of State, where his opponent in the primary will be less known and he may have a decent chance of winning the primary, as even Barrow got only 51% and he was a Congressman and the candidate endorsed by almost everyone.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2020, 07:53:21 PM »

Adam, what do you think will be the final margin, I think that Lieberman will get around 10% and that Warenock will get high 30s. Also, what is your response to my question if you want to answer?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 09:01:03 PM »

Yeah, it makes sense that nobody knows about Warnock as a decent amount of people likely don't know that the NACCP still exists. I'm pretty sure that before he was thinking about running, most people who knows who the GA candidates are didn't know that he existed.

Why did the GA Dems in 2016 nominate Barksdale instead of running someone who ran for office in Georgia before, I could see the comparison as Warnock and Barksdale don't have electoral experience and that Warnock is likely to return to the ministry after he likely loses the runoff.

Yeah, only focusing on Atlanta may give you weird results, as seen in the GA 2020 Senate primary where someone named Maya Dillard Smith got 9% and someone named James Knox won a county and got 5%.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 05:38:25 PM »

Had Lieberman been in Warnock’s place with the money and DSCC support, he would be in second place, not around 20%
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 08:15:57 PM »

Lieberman has no incentive to end his campaign as he doesn't have a political future in Georgia and the only way Tarver could do it is perhaps a second stint as US Attorney of Georgia.

I'd imagine that a significant portion of Lieberman's voting base is uninformed voters, who have never heard of Warnock and I presume are likely black.

I can't wait to see the county maps on the days after election maps.

I swear the guys who manage Warnock's campaign must be secretly working with the GA GOP and that if I'd lived in Georgia, I'd probably vote Lieberman out of spite if the moronic things or the lack of anything that Warnock's campaign has done.

I'd wonder what would GA Dems react to Lieberman getting in.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2020, 07:15:37 AM »

Who is this going to appeal to? I doubt that hicks would know about Attila the Hun.

It will appeal to conservative Age of Empires II players who played the Attila the Hun campaign
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2020, 01:02:18 PM »

Warnock's comments about police makes this race Likely R.

Georgia is in the south, white people love the police and a state like GA although it is demographically changing, this will be a problem.

Likely R. Collins wins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=MljJmqV5OEw&feature=emb_title

Georgia resident here, very much doubt it. At least in the Atlanta metro area, anti police sentiment is kind of bleeding into middle and upper class whites, which makes sense if you think about it; most of them don't really interact with police officers that often on a day to day basis, and the first time a lot of them begin to see/interact meaningfully with them, it's horror story after horror story. Tear gassing protests, Rayshard Brooks, politicization by Trump, who is increasingly unpopular, etc. I can see this maybe being true in other parts of Georgia, but I'm not sure Warnock needs to care about these areas to win; all he really needs to do is replicate Stacey Abrams' map with some additional turnout.

Edit: I also feel like Loeffler is in a better position to advance than Collins, but I could be wrong, I suppose.
bronz is famously known as a troll who acts like this is 30 years ago and that Republicans can win in New Jersey with he making threads about random people.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 12:50:17 PM »

Also, there wasn't that many Bloomberg supporters in Atlas in the primary before Biden's fall in Iowa.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies