MI Fox2Detroit: Clinton +3 (4-way); +5 (2-way) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:26:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MI Fox2Detroit: Clinton +3 (4-way); +5 (2-way) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI Fox2Detroit: Clinton +3 (4-way); +5 (2-way)  (Read 2443 times)
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« on: November 02, 2016, 10:45:22 PM »

I raised the same issue the other night, in that this poll is a one day poll conducted apparently over the course of a few hours. It should be noted, the Reds were too busy calling Michigan Safe D at the time, but I digress.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 11:07:30 PM »

Hmm, what to make of that?  On the one hand, it's a very recent picture of a slice of the electorate...potentially relevant if the undecideds are making their decision.

On the other hand, I would think it's difficult to be demographically balanced polling only in a small window of a single day, no?

Another big problem the other night was that they polled on Halloween night. On the other hand, this poll is basically in line with that other Michigan poll released (Clinton +1, by Strategic National), so I'm very conflicted on where to lean on it.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 11:21:30 PM »

Strategic National is a Republican outfit, if that's any indication.

Yes, but that doesn't by necessity mean they're wrong. Remington's numbers have largely been confirmed by other polls lately, and they're considered a Lean-R pollster, for example. And as I noted, that poll meshes with this one as well. I'm not saying anything definite on Michigan until we get more major pollsters releasing results, but this does establish a trend line so far.

We certainly seem to live in your head, rent free.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »

I would engage in a conversation with you, but the last time I did some months ago, you skedaddled from the thread when you were cornered.

Link it, I'll gladly reply. I'm sorry I have this thing called a life and college to attend to in that I can't always engage in hour long debates.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 02:57:26 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2016, 03:13:11 AM by EpicHistory »

I'm not going to go through the trouble of looking for a months-old thread for you.

Classic cop out.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies