Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:03:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86
Author Topic: Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread  (Read 144468 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: December 09, 2020, 04:15:23 PM »

Because they fell for the red mirage and didn't do the math.

So was Roy Moore.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1451 on: December 09, 2020, 04:28:11 PM »

Democrats were the odds on favorites to take the senate.  Maybe Mitch McConnell should give up his seat until the issue can be investigated fully.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1452 on: December 09, 2020, 04:32:21 PM »

Sounds like Trump’s ace legal team will be bringing some ironclad arguments to the #SupremeCourt

Hilarous that both sentences in Trump's tweet happen to be incorrect.

Does it mean it gets double-flagged by Twitter?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1453 on: December 09, 2020, 05:35:01 PM »

I am beginning to suspect Trump had his people bet money to manipulate the betting markets so he could use them to claim he won. This tweet almost feels like an admission to that.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1454 on: December 09, 2020, 06:39:52 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1455 on: December 09, 2020, 06:50:08 PM »

Ban the sock, mods. Wink
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1456 on: December 09, 2020, 08:06:50 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1457 on: December 09, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1458 on: December 09, 2020, 09:33:00 PM »

Trump & Co. have lost nearly every notable court case they've pursued and are highly unlikely to have any success with this attempted coup using the courts. They must know this. So, that begs the question, if they aren't doing this for their stated intention, since they know it's futile, then what ulterior motive may be underlying all of this nonsense? I have some thoughts of my own, but I'm curious what others think.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1459 on: December 09, 2020, 09:38:00 PM »

This is getting hilarious.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1460 on: December 09, 2020, 09:48:33 PM »

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1461 on: December 09, 2020, 10:07:26 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2020, 10:12:39 PM by Kansas City Suburbanite for Orman-Clinton-Kelly For Marshall »

You need a 4 year degree , you have to graduate law school and pass the bar. Even if you are a far right wing Federalist Society hack, it's going to be impossible to believe these insane conspiracy theories. The MAGA cult is so strung out and insane, even their hand picked judges are laughing them out of court.

These lawyers need to be cited for contempt of court and debarred.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1462 on: December 09, 2020, 10:37:34 PM »

What is wrong with checking signatures?
The signatures were checked at the time the ballots were processed.

The only thing the Georgia settlement changed was 1) requiring multiple election officials to agree that a signature mismatch existed before rejecting a ballot, and 2) requiring election officials to more promptly notify voters of a signature mismatch to give the voter a chance to resolve the issue.
Why not check them again to give assurance that everything was done correctly.

If voting was done in person on paper ballots (one per office), after voters showed ID, and were counted in the precinct on election night, we would have known on November 3 who was elected.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1463 on: December 09, 2020, 10:40:06 PM »

The only thing the Georgia settlement changed was 1) requiring multiple election officials to agree that a signature mismatch existed before rejecting a ballot, and 2) requiring election officials to more promptly notify voters of a signature mismatch to give the voter a chance to resolve the issue.

If voting was done in person on paper ballots (one per office), after voters showed ID, and were counted in the precinct on election night, we would have known on November 3 who was elected.

Give it a rest, your thugs are just attempting any last way to steal an election they did not win. Sore f**ing losers!
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #1464 on: December 09, 2020, 10:46:07 PM »

Because 1) you can’t. As already discussed, the ballots are separated from the envelopes at this point, and 2) if you give a conspiracy theorist a cookie, they’ll want a glass of milk.

Why would knowing the result on November 3rd be more important than ensuring voting was widely accessible during a pandemic?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1465 on: December 09, 2020, 10:53:07 PM »

jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1466 on: December 09, 2020, 10:53:10 PM »

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, the signatures were checked TWICE. Once a person registered to vote absentee, their signature was compared to the one on file (usually a drivers license) to serve as ID, and then again when the ballot envelope was received.

And, for the record, signature matching should probably be considered dubious if multiple people don't reject the match. Otherwise you'd get inter-coder reliability issues. What if Bob decides to be a real stickler on dotted i's but Jerry doesn't care... that creates due-process issues. If both Bob and Jerry have to reject it... that's a better system.
But they only double checked if the first one rejected it. If Lazy Larry rubber-stamped everything because he really did not like dealing with Bob or Jerry then the purpose is defeated.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1467 on: December 09, 2020, 10:57:48 PM »

I've said this before, but Democrats really should have been organizing large scale "Honor the Vote" protests. We only hear the MAGA voices and Trump insisting the election was stolen and it could easily reach (maybe already reached?) a point where it distorts public opinion. There needs to be a public reminder that Biden won the freaking election and that the will of the American people must be respected.
There were 600 people arrested in Minneapolis on election night when it looked like Trump would be re-elected.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1468 on: December 09, 2020, 11:14:58 PM »

I've said this before, but Democrats really should have been organizing large scale "Honor the Vote" protests. We only hear the MAGA voices and Trump insisting the election was stolen and it could easily reach (maybe already reached?) a point where it distorts public opinion. There needs to be a public reminder that Biden won the freaking election and that the will of the American people must be respected.
There were 600 people arrested in Minneapolis on election night when it looked like Trump would be re-elected.

Where's the proof? You are a f***ing moron, and no, I am not apologizing. Just admit it, you want the guy who lost the election to be installed as the President like it is North Korea, Cuba or any of the countries you claim to oppose.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1469 on: December 09, 2020, 11:26:14 PM »

! This claim about election night is disputed
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1470 on: December 09, 2020, 11:37:37 PM »

National Review has come out against the Texas lawsuit calling it “frivolous” and highly unlikely to go anywhere. If that’s true (and I’m assuming it is but too lazy to read the article because I just don’t care anymore), it blows my mind that this many attorneys general would go along with it.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1471 on: December 09, 2020, 11:45:52 PM »

National Review has come out against the Texas lawsuit calling it “frivolous” and highly unlikely to go anywhere. If that’s true (and I’m assuming it is but too lazy to read the article because I just don’t care anymore), it blows my mind that this many attorneys general would go along with it.

Attorney general is often the last step before a run for governor or senate. Stunts like this pump up the base.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1472 on: December 09, 2020, 11:46:05 PM »

Because they consider it politically beneficial to lick Trump's balls
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1473 on: December 09, 2020, 11:51:20 PM »

Because 1) you can’t. As already discussed, the ballots are separated from the envelopes at this point, and 2) if you give a conspiracy theorist a cookie, they’ll want a glass of milk.

Why would knowing the result on November 3rd be more important than ensuring voting was widely accessible during a pandemic?
What you are saying is that there is now a pile of ballots where there was not a complete chain of custody from the time someone marked the ballot. We don't know whether anyone was influenced to vote.

In 2018, while I was voting, an elderly couple was voting, and the husband was assisting his wife (I think she had vision problems - I was listening while I was voting). The election judge was administering the oath to the husband. In Texas, an assistant can not make suggestions or guess how to vote ("You want Biden for President, right?"). But in this case, the assistance can at least be observed. The election judge was careful not to give the voting slip to the husband before his wife had finished voting. A voting slip has a code that is entered into a voting machine that ensures that voter is authorized to vote and the correct ballot style is presented. It is time limited, so the husband was not given his at the same time he was assisting.

What I am saying that is voting is in person, the process can be observed. Identity of voters could be verified. The ballot box would be fully in view throughout the day. Ballots would be counted by hand. The ballots would be placed in stacks and the stacks counted. The ballot count would be recorded and signed by all observers. The ballots would be secured and take to a central location in case a recount was necessary.

We would also know what the voters wanted on November 3, not in early October.

If there was a health risk of in-person voting, delay the election.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1474 on: December 10, 2020, 12:00:29 AM »

Where's the proof?

600+ arrested on I-94 in Minneapolis while protesting Trump’s election threats

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies