Flower Power (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:37:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Flower Power (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flower Power  (Read 1996 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: December 26, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »

Actually, there's a lot to learn from all of this if folks are paying attention.

In general, the protestors were a bunch of unrealistic rich (at least middle/upper-middle class) kids who were complete narcissists believing that their fantasies would become reality.

Now, these same protestors generally control the levers that make society work and have imbued their narcissistic fantasies upon society at large.  It doesn't appear like (at least to me) that this generation's future elite has chosen to rebel against these attributes but to rebel against other attributes of that generation, which are still indeterminable in a lot of ways.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 12:20:19 AM »

Interesting. Got any guesses as to specific guesses/speculations?

I don't know right now - just the thread got me thinking about the subject.

One thing I would note:  Those persons who I mentioned who now form much of the elites (or have for the last 10 years solid) were real masters of manipulation, especially good with the "fertile mind" crowd. 

This present generation really lacks that talent - they seem to have many of the same pie-in-the-sky unrealistic beliefs and don't seem to question the tenets which underlie those beliefs, but they just seem to assume that everything they believe will happen will "in fact" happen.

So, maybe there's a difference: 

The examples of those people in the picture seemed to understand that the world was going to need a lot of changing in order for at least some of their ideals to become reality and it would require a lot of the same psychological tactics the people whom they hated had used.  Whereas, the present generation seems to just think their own ideas will change the world and everyone else will listen and accept.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies