AtlasMod 2.0: Suggest ideas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:26:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AtlasMod 2.0: Suggest ideas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AtlasMod 2.0: Suggest ideas  (Read 23812 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 01, 2018, 01:03:21 AM »

Is there any possibility of adding a feature like the one discussed here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=275822.msg5888360#msg5888360

where you can look up the latest posts of select posters (maybe your buddies list, for example)?  I mean, you can already do that by clicking on their individual profile pages, but that's a bit cumbersome.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 01:25:58 AM »

Is there any possibility of adding a feature like the one discussed here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=275822.msg5888360#msg5888360

where you can look up the latest posts of select posters (maybe your buddies list, for example)?  I mean, you can already do that by clicking on their individual profile pages, but that's a bit cumbersome.

Well as you said, we can already view a user's recent posts, so the issue at hand seems more like accessibility. Exactly how fast should a user be able to view their buddy list / a buddy's recent post to be considered very useful, at least in regards to this feature request? Should it be like, a button at the top of every page that says "Buddies," where you can go see a list of those users, and then click a single button next to their name for recent posts?

I was envisioning it more like a Facebook news feed, where it gives you the most recent posts of everyone who you're friends with all in one place.  But if that's too much trouble, then yeah, just being able to go from the list of Buddies to the individual posts for each Buddy in one click as you suggest above would be good enough.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 10:27:07 AM »

Ohhh ok now actually I get it. So basically like this page:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=recent

Except only show 10 pages of recent posts by people on your buddies list?

Yes, exactly.  The logic being, as Averroes suggested, maybe you've been away from the forum for a few days or something, and you're curious to see what's been happening, but you don't want to sift through the thousands of posts across the whole forum.  Instead, you're only interested in browsing through what select posters have been saying recently.  You could click on their individual posting histories, but having that one big sorted list like that would be more convenient.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »

I guess I just err on the side of privacy. The internet is a crazy place, so I can understand if people want to make their posts disappear.

It might be better if there was a way to delete your own post even if it's the first post of a thread, yet the rest of the thread remains.  I don't think that's possible at the moment, is it?  If you have the first post of a thread, then you can edit said post, but can't delete it without nuking the entire thread.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »

I have no idea if this is at all feasible, but one thing I would really love would be if, on any board where there are stickied topics, there was some kind of thick line that separated the sticky topics from the non-sticky topics.  This is an issue on boards with many sticky topics, like the 2020 board or Forum Community (well, less so on FC now than some months ago).  I want to do a quick visual scan of what the most recently commented on topics are, but that is more complicated than necessary when there are a ton of stickied topics in the way.  If you had some kind of marker, my eye could just start scanning at that marker.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies