I just cannot fathom an Obama 12/trump 16 voter. (and they exist) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:44:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  I just cannot fathom an Obama 12/trump 16 voter. (and they exist) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just cannot fathom an Obama 12/trump 16 voter. (and they exist)  (Read 4012 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: August 28, 2016, 09:58:30 PM »

Think of it this way maybe. Imagine someone who's family was straight ticket Democrat and heavily identified with Democrats their whole life. They're big on protecting the little guy and support economic government programs to do so.  Much of this demographic is going to disproportionately rural, blue collar, and with lower levels of education. Maybe they're not happy with voting for Obama but because Romney is a shill for big business (as many people thought) he's not looking at protecting someone like me, nor does he speak in a direct easy way, he's just another standard politician who will do the same standard politician thing, and he'll give his rich buddies a break while not giving a sh**t about anybody else. That's the line of thinking anyway. So they vote Obama, even though they would probably skew socially conservative and authoritarian. But then Trump runs, and the rest can be filled in from here. Everything that was wrong with Romney isn't wrong with Trump. Someone that speaks to them directly and connects with them, someone who isn't bought and paid for, etc. A lot of that in fact can be turned around on Clinton so easily.

These voters are going to be your anti-establishment moderate voters, not the bigots or the people super enthusiastic about banning all Muslims or deporting all illegal immigrants.

This is a good description of me.

I have been a registered Republican since 1995, but I'm very much a RINO.  I fit the mold of a moderate Democrat more than a conservative Republican. 

People have an amazing amount of trouble believing that such people exist, but they do.  Trump is, politically, a rather moderate Republican, at least in issue positions he takes.

He is not a "moderate" anything. True, he is neither a Dem, nor a Republican - at least, within the recent policy space of the US. He is orthogonal to what American politics has been recently. In that, he is a radical - just radical in an unusual set of dimensions. Of course, if you project him onto the usual US political map, you find him all over the place. But that does not make him a "moderate". He is a radical fascist, plain and simple.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 10:00:42 PM »

As for the original post, it is not hard to imagine such a person at all. There are many people whose views are, indeed, better represented by Trump than by either of the political parties. Now, I hate those people with a passion - but I can easily understand who they are.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 11:49:39 AM »

As for the original post, it is not hard to imagine such a person at all. There are many people whose views are, indeed, better represented by Trump than by either of the political parties. Now, I hate those people with a passion - but I can easily understand who they are.
Do you hate 33% of USA:s population [those that have a favorable view of Trump]? Sad

Yes, of course. In general, I hate most of the humanity Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 12:07:48 PM »

Do you hate 33% of USA:s population [those that have a favorable view of Trump]? Sad

What percent of Mexicans do you dislike?

Same as everybody else. I am like Nixon here: an equal opportunity hater Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »

Then join Trump train! Let's hate together! Smiley

Or are you a lonely hater?

Well, I sincerely and with passion hate exactly 100% of Trump supporters. Can't join those Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2016, 12:48:01 PM by ag »

Then join Trump train! Let's hate together! Smiley

Or are you a lonely hater?

Well, I sincerely and with passion hate exactly 100% of Trump supporters. Can't join those Smiley
OK then! But you can always change you mind; you will be wellcome, since we love diversity and will tolerate any haters on Trump train! After you passing the ideological test, of course Wink

Trust me, I will never do. Every Trump supporter (including, of course, yourself) is a scoundrel, who wants to kill his own mother. I cannot be associated with such people.

No smiley faces here. I am dead serious.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 12:32:52 AM »

I'm at least Obama 12/anti-Hillary 16. Heck, one of the first reasons I supported Obama in 2008 was as a bulwark against Hillary, whom I was adamantly against from an anti-dynastic, anti-Iraq War point of view (not to mention that Obama's charisma really captivated me). Since then, my opinion of both Obama and Hillary (and liberalism in general) has declined considerably, but I was never a Romney fan (voted for Santorum in the 2012 caucus) as he was far too much of a Wall Street elitist type, and I didn't believe him on social issues for a second.

I'm very much an anti-war voter.  I loathe the number of unnecessary wars we've gotten into.

I believe Trump is less likely to get us into unnecessary wars than Clinton would.

If we have nukes, why don't we use them? AmIrite?

Seriously FB. You're a smart guy. How can Hillary's believing the WMD line like MANY reasonable people make her REMOTELY less of a warmonger than based on literally everything Trump has ever said regarding foriegn policy.

Vote for Trump, one is LITERALLY voting for Iraq (/Syria) War III.

A vote for Trump is a vote for a nuclear WWIII. And I am damn serious. Anybody who believes that within the four years of Trump presidency there will be fewer than 10mln dead Americans and fewer 100 mln dead elsewhere is kidding themselves.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 06:11:46 AM »

I'm at least Obama 12/anti-Hillary 16. Heck, one of the first reasons I supported Obama in 2008 was as a bulwark against Hillary, whom I was adamantly against from an anti-dynastic, anti-Iraq War point of view (not to mention that Obama's charisma really captivated me). Since then, my opinion of both Obama and Hillary (and liberalism in general) has declined considerably, but I was never a Romney fan (voted for Santorum in the 2012 caucus) as he was far too much of a Wall Street elitist type, and I didn't believe him on social issues for a second.

I'm very much an anti-war voter.  I loathe the number of unnecessary wars we've gotten into.

I believe Trump is less likely to get us into unnecessary wars than Clinton would.

If we have nukes, why don't we use them? AmIrite?

Seriously FB. You're a smart guy. How can Hillary's believing the WMD line like MANY reasonable people make her REMOTELY less of a warmonger than based on literally everything Trump has ever said regarding foriegn policy.

Vote for Trump, one is LITERALLY voting for Iraq (/Syria) War III.

A vote for Trump is a vote for a nuclear WWIII. And I am damn serious. Anybody who believes that within the four years of Trump presidency there will be fewer than 10mln dead Americans and fewer 100 mln dead elsewhere is kidding themselves.
LOL
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frAEmhqdLFs

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 06:12:46 AM »

You forgot the Smiley

I am deadly serious.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 09:53:56 AM »

LOL
Stop posting it. It becomes increasingly more difficult to hate ya!

You forgot the Smiley

I am deadly serious.
Oh, those forum fighters!

I am not fighter - I am a fleer. I am preparing a bunker if Trump gets elected. And I strongly advise, everybody here does the same. Those 4 years will be hard to survive.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2016, 10:03:05 AM by ag »

Let me be very serious. People who vote for Trump do so for a very real reason. They are the ones who are bitter that they are not given the lifestyle that they believe "the white people deserve". That is a powerful sentiment. Because of this, they are willing to destroy human civilisation (and, likely, the humanity): if they cannot have it, nobody should. It is a collective suicide/homicide by Trump.

You wonder why I hate them?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 12:38:08 PM »

LOL
Stop posting it. It becomes increasingly more difficult to hate ya!

You forgot the Smiley

I am deadly serious.
Oh, those forum fighters!

I am not fighter - I am a fleer. I am preparing a bunker if Trump gets elected. And I strongly advise, everybody here does the same. Those 4 years will be hard to survive.

There is a house for sale in the town of Greenport (right next door to Hudson), that has a fallout shelter in the back yard. The place has your name on it.

Why would I move so close to such a nukable place as NYC? The nearest plausibly nukable place to where I live now is Houston, and that is far away (I doubt anybody would eve nuke San Antonio). All I have to be afraid here is a full economic disruption followed by a few years of bloody civil war. I need the bunker to unobtrusively store food, etc., not for a fallout shelter.

On the other hand, you should certainly take that house.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 12:51:15 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2016, 12:56:20 PM by ag »

Let me be very serious. People who vote for Trump do so for a very real reason. They are the ones who are bitter that they are not given the lifestyle that they believe "the white people deserve". That is a powerful sentiment. Because of this, they are willing to destroy human civilisation (and, likely, the humanity): if they cannot have it, nobody should. It is a collective suicide/homicide by Trump.

Stop projecting.

We are not bitter; just angry with the establishment.

There are two question that don't need to correlate with each other or at least the correlation doesn't need to big significant.

1. Are you satisfied/dissatisfied with your economical/social situation?
2. Are you satisfied/dissatisfied with the way things are going in the US?

I would guess, that the majority of Trump's supporters would answer
1. Yes
2. No

This is just a pc way of saying exactly what I have said. These people do not live badly - on the contrary, they are among the luckiest people in history in this respect. But they envy others. And that is why they are willing to kill babies and their own parents: to spite the "elite". And, yes, this describes every Trump supporter, including yourself.

Trumpistas have been going around destroying civility, which they despise as "political correctness". Well, time they get the taste of excrement on their own dinner plates.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 01:32:12 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2016, 01:36:11 PM by ag »

Stop projecting.

We are not bitter; just angry with the establishment.

There are two question that don't need to correlate with each other or at least the correlation doesn't need to big significant.

1. Are you satisfied/dissatisfied with your economical/social situation?
2. Are you satisfied/dissatisfied with the way things are going in the US?

I would guess, that the majority of Trump's supporters would answer
1. Yes
2. No

This is just a pc way of saying exactly what I have said. These people do not live badly - on the contrary, they are among the luckiest people in history in this respect. But they envy others. And that is why they are willing to kill babies and their own parents: to spite the "elite". And, yes, this describes every Trump supporter, including yourself.

Trumpistas have been going around destroying civility, which they despise as "political correctness". Well, time they get the taste of excrement on their own dinner plates.
True. Your problem is that you can not see the beuti of the destruction Smiley

Trump don't need win election to win. You are already in middle of civil war, even though you don't understand it yet.

Yeah, you have, probably, already killed your first babies. Your parents are, probably, next. Will you shoot them, or is poison good enough?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 02:56:27 PM »

Yeah, you have, probably, already killed your first babies. Your parents are, probably, next. Will you shoot them, or is poison good enough?
Babies are delicious!

Grilled or roasted?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 02:57:45 PM »

ag is one of those posters you'd think was a troll if you didn't know better. Poor sad hate filled person.

At least I will have my grain-filled bunker. You, meanwhile, will be starving to death.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 03:04:16 PM »

Babies are delicious!

Grilled or roasted?
https://youtu.be/JYDkzqCfJzg?t=34s

I did not know, you were an octopus. That, of course, explaines a lot. 2 mln. babies, 5-year life-expectancy and no civilization. Of course you would eat your children!
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 03:13:41 PM »

Babies are delicious!

Grilled or roasted?

I did not know, you were an octopus. That, of course, explaines a lot. 2 mln. babies, 5-year life-expectancy and no civilization. Of course you would eat your children!
You are being very octopofobic tonight! Hitler was too and he didn't end well!

I love octopi. But I prefer them grilled. Would you mind serving yourself on a platter?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 04:55:06 PM »

My uncle (white male, 47, married, no children, works as a trucker) is one. He voted for Bush and Obama twice, now backs Trump.
How can one back Trump after see him raping Jeb! in real time? Huh
He actually took sadistic pleasure in it.

And did you?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 04:55:47 PM »

Babies are delicious!

Grilled or roasted?

You are being very octopofobic tonight! Hitler was too and he didn't end well!

I love octopi. But I prefer them grilled. Would you mind serving yourself on a platter?
How dare you non-homosexuall nonwhite 45 old  democratic women talking to me like this ! Duel! Afro

What would you say about in Barcelona right before election day?

Hm. I would avoid eating your brain, at least. You know: the mad cow disease is a dangerous thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies