Cannot make up my mind (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:08:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Cannot make up my mind (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cannot make up my mind  (Read 1617 times)
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: July 12, 2020, 11:42:21 AM »

I am still unsure who to support for 2020. I can’t sit this election out, yet I’m still unsure of who I should vote for

Why is it that you feel you can't sit this election out?  If you can answer that question, I think it'll be fairly obvious which candidate to support.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 11:41:23 AM »

I am still unsure who to support for 2020. I can’t sit this election out, yet I’m still unsure of who I should vote for

Why is it that you feel you can't sit this election out?  If you can answer that question, I think it'll be fairly obvious which candidate to support.
I cannot sit out this election because I have seen the lack of leadership, The racism, Hate, and the incompetence of this administration

Other than Trump, Biden is the only candidate with a possibility of winning.  If you are that sick of the lack of leadership, the racism, the hate and the incompetence of this administration, the best way to get rid of them is to vote Biden.

Biden is not a perfect candidate because perfect candidate does not exist.  But you know what?  Biden is a good man, has been a public servent of this country for 40+ years and has a very promising platform.  Because he has been in office for so long, he has a long record that includes highs and lows (as everyone's record does).  I know some people like voting for third-party candidates as protest votes, but the reality is that we know very little about third-party candidates compared to the major party candidates.  What does that mean?  If we were to hold them to the same standard that we hold our major party candidates to, they would likely not hold up well to the same scrutiny.

Despite his imperfections, I have been a Biden fan for a while.  I think he's a great man and sincerely loves this country and ALL of its citizens.  His background makes him the perfect fit for this election.  I think it's amazing that given his long history of public service, he is still relatively well-liked in this country.  I think that says something.  His Republican colleagues in the senate (Graham, Collins, etc.) still speak highly of him even though they have gone off the deep end.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 01:11:38 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2020, 01:18:57 PM by CellarDoor »

Why is it that you feel you can't sit this election out?  If you can answer that question, I think it'll be fairly obvious which candidate to support.
I cannot sit out this election because I have seen the lack of leadership, The racism, Hate, and the incompetence of this administration

Other than Trump, Biden is the only candidate with a possibility of winning.  If you are that sick of the lack of leadership, the racism, the hate and the incompetence of this administration, the best way to get rid of them is to vote Biden.

Biden is not a perfect candidate because perfect candidate does not exist.  But you know what?  Biden is a good man, has been a public servent of this country for 40+ years and has a very promising platform.  Because he has been in office for so long, he has a long record that includes highs and lows (as everyone's record does).  I know some people like voting for third-party candidates as protest votes, but the reality is that we know very little about third-party candidates compared to the major party candidates.  What does that mean?  If we were to hold them to the same standard that we hold our major party candidates to, they would likely not hold up well to the same scrutiny.

Despite his imperfections, I have been a Biden fan for a while.  I think he's a great man and sincerely loves this country and ALL of its citizens.  His background makes him the perfect fit for this election.  I think it's amazing that given his long history of public service, he is still relatively well-liked in this country.  I think that says something.  His Republican colleagues in the senate (Graham, Collins, etc.) still speak highly of him even though they have gone off the deep end.

Very nice! Thank you, this helps with my decision! You have a point there. But what about the Biden allegations?

What allegations are you referring to?  The only allegations that have gotten much in the way of headlines were the Tara Reade allegations, but those have been debunked, including by lawyers who specialize in defending victims of sexual assault.  They are simply not believable at this point.

Biden has been in public office for over 40 years, and he has been vetted more thoroughly than almost every candidate for any office in this country.  I'd be wary of any allegations that have surfaced since he became a candidate for President.  He was vetted by Obama's team and they found nothing.  That vetting process is the most thorough process a candidate can go through.

Biden rode the train for 4 hours every day so he could see his kids.  I think that says a lot more about him than any allegations that surface after 40+ years of public service during a Presidential campaign.  He is not perfect, but he is a good man.  In my view, he is exactly the type of person we want as our President.  In the times that we live in, where our country has been torn apart by a health crisis, a jobs crisis, and civil unrest due to racism, I can't think of a better person to lead us through those crises. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies