Cannot make up my mind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:24:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Cannot make up my mind
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Cannot make up my mind  (Read 1605 times)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2020, 08:41:18 AM »

I am still unsure who to support for 2020. I can’t sit this election out, yet I’m still unsure of who I should vote for
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 08:50:14 AM »

At the risk of sounding glib:

You know your personal politics.  Go with whomever you feel best supports you and your politics. 

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 08:58:57 AM »

Good to see you've ruled John Tyler out though.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 09:01:51 AM »

I bet whatever you want that in a short time a Democrat will come here telling you that "you can't vote for the fascist and racist incumbent President so the choice is clear" or a slight variation thereof.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 09:05:15 AM »

What is your ideology?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 09:54:50 AM by Roll Roons »

Pretty much every other developed country is on its way to containing the virus, but cases are still rising here, in no small part due to this president's incompetence, ignorance, and utter lack of caring. If that doesn't convince you, I'm not sure what will.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 09:18:56 AM »

I bet whatever you want that in a short time a Democrat will come here telling you that "you can't vote for the fascist and racist incumbent President so the choice is clear" or a slight variation thereof.

More likely is that someone will come here and post something snarky *assuming* a response by Democrats.

Oh wait, that already happened.

To the OP: PQG's advice is good, and I would add vote for the candidate you think will do a better job of achieving the kind of country you want to have happen.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 09:50:08 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 10:20:11 AM by Chancellor Gowron »

At the risk of sounding glib:

You know your personal politics.  Go with whomever you feel best supports you and your politics.  

This, but also: which candidate is personally more dangerous and damaging to not only the country but our nation’s standing in the world?

Are you pleased with Trump’s handling and response and plan going forward concerning the virus or do you think a different approach is needed?

(I mention the virus because it’s not really a political issue, yet is the biggest and most pressing concern this year.)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 09:59:30 AM »

More likely is that someone will come here and post something snarky *assuming* a response by Democrats.

Oh wait, that already happened.

To the OP: PQG's advice is good, and I would add vote for the candidate you think will do a better job of achieving the kind of country you want to have happen.

Your snarky answer to my snarky comment is beautiful.

Because yes, you won, considering that the first post on the line of "look at how bad the President has done" was made by... a Republican.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 10:10:09 AM »

Do you support fascism? Vote for Trump.

Do you support not fascism? Vote for Biden.

Being only slightly sarcastic and only a little biased
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 10:25:52 AM »

Pretty much every other developed country is on its way to containing the virus, but cases are still rising here, in no small part due to this president's incompetence, ignorance, and utter lack of caring. If that doesn't convince you, I'm not sure what will.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 10:26:39 AM »

don't worry, you have 4 months.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 10:29:34 AM »

Do you support fascism ? Vote for Trump.

Do you not support fascism ? Vote for Biden.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 10:48:09 AM »

When it gets closer partisanship is gonna get higher
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 11:42:21 AM »

I am still unsure who to support for 2020. I can’t sit this election out, yet I’m still unsure of who I should vote for

Why is it that you feel you can't sit this election out?  If you can answer that question, I think it'll be fairly obvious which candidate to support.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 11:46:02 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 11:49:26 AM by GeneralMacArthur »

We've spent the last four years watching Trump stumble his way from disaster to disaster, unable to keep his administration together, destroying American institutions, politicizing every aspect of American government and daily life, and demonstrating his corruption, immorality and incompetence on a daily basis.

If, after watching all that, you're sitting here today unsure whether you're going to vote against him, you might as well stop kidding yourself and us.  You're going to find an excuse to vote for Trump again.  You just want to feel like it was a really tough decision when you do, as your way of reconciling your vote with the awful reality of his presidency.

I've got conservative relatives I talk to about politics who are all doing the exact same thing right now.  The "oh I just don't know" song and dance.  I'll point out yet another awful thing about Trump, and they'll say "yeah, I agree that's bad, I just don't know if I can vote for him again."  But the reality is, it's just their way of checking off the "I took that bad thing into consideration" box when they end up voting for him anyway.

How do I know?  Because I saw this with Hillary in 2016.  They'd "take into consideration" the bad things Trump had done, but then hand-wave them away with "yeah but whatabout Hillary."  This time there's no whatabout Hillary.  There really isn't any whatabout Biden either since he's essentially a perfect candidate.  But Fox News is trying its damndest to give Trump voters their excuse, their "whatabout this" that they can use to justify voting for Trump in spite of everything.  And even if they fail... we'll always have "whatabout the economy."
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 12:11:13 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 12:21:43 PM by Wells »

I'm also an undecided voter since I'm torn between Biden and Hawkins. If I were to compare the two, Hawkins is far superior to Biden, who is an extremely flawed candidate. On the other hand, voting for Biden sends a stronger anti-Trump message, which may be necessary this election. And my opinion of Biden has increased recently.

If I have any advice, it's that you have to find the candidate that best fits your personal values and would be best for the country. At the same time, because it is extremely rare for one vote to make a difference, any individual vote is more symbolic than anything else. What does voting for any particular candidate mean, and do you want to send that message?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 12:15:11 PM »

The number of undecideds really puzzle me. Either you are blinded by the cult and refuse to accept the reality that this president is deeply corrupt and utterly incompetent or you are aware that reality and this election becomes the easiest choice in the history of mankind.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »

Ask yourself: Are you better off now than you were four years ago? Is it easier for you to go and buy things in the stores than it was four years ago? Is there more or less unemployment in the country than there was four years ago? Is America as respected throughout the world as it was? Do you feel that our security is as safe, that we’re as strong as we were four years ago? And if you answer all of those questions yes, why then, I think your choice is very obvious as to whom you will vote for. If you don’t agree, if you don’t think that this course that we’ve been on for the last four years is what you would like to see us follow for the next four, then I could suggest another choice that you have. This country doesn’t have to be in the shape that it is in. 
Horatii
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.50, S: 0.60

P
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 12:48:21 PM »

You guys do notice that some people don’t really care about “America’s standing in the world”? That’s not really as much of a necessary requirement for most as you think it is. It’s sort of an absurd abstract issue that only middle-brained leftists are going to care about.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »

You guys do notice that some people don’t really care about “America’s standing in the world”? That’s not really as much of a necessary requirement for most as you think it is. It’s sort of an absurd abstract issue that only middle-brained leftists are going to care about.

Some people don't (I agree it's overrated within the political class) but Trump campaigned on making America great again and lamented that the world was laughing at it, so presumably it counts for something.
Horatii
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.50, S: 0.60

P
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 12:57:12 PM »

Some people don't (I agree it's overrated within the political class) but Trump campaigned on making America great again and lamented that the world was laughing at it, so presumably it counts for something.

Serving the best interests of Germany or Israel instead of your own sort of amounts to an outside world that is very happy with your current leadership while also laughing at your exploitation.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »

Serving the best interests of Germany or Israel instead of your own sort of amounts to an outside world that is very happy with your current leadership while also laughing at your exploitation.
Really?

During President Obama's 8 years in office, all I heard from Republican voters was "Obama has turned us into a laughingstock", "the WORLD is lauging at us because of Obummer", "Obozo doesn't stand with Israel. He stands with ISIS and other Muslim terrorists", etc.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 01:31:21 PM »

I know how you feel. I voted for McMullin in 2016, and I intend to vote Independent again, but I've got to find the right independent candidate. Or else, if I can't find a really good independent candidate, I'll probably end up voting for Biden.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 02:00:09 PM »

I know how you feel. I voted for McMullin in 2016, and I intend to vote Independent again, but I've got to find the right independent candidate. Or else, if I can't find a really good independent candidate, I'll probably end up voting for Biden.

If you really care about getting rid of Trump, the only acceptable course of action is voting for Biden.

Everything else is just half-baked.  It's you explicitly going out of your way to not do everything in your power to remove Trump.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies