Which 2024 GOP nominee would overperform in (BUT NOT WIN) Hawaii, Vermont, or Washington DC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:13:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which 2024 GOP nominee would overperform in (BUT NOT WIN) Hawaii, Vermont, or Washington DC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: It goes without saying that the Republican Presidential candidate will not win HI, VT, or DC, but I am wondering if there is anyone who alone could cut the margins in these solid blue areas. DC went >90% for Biden, and HI and VT were close to 60%. The
Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Tucker Carlson

Ron DeSantis

Brian Kemp

Tim Scott

Tom Cotton

Rand Paul

Mike Pence

Larry Hogan

Mike Lindell

Ben Carson

Greg Abbott

Dan Bongino

Mitt Romney

Mike Pompeo

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Which 2024 GOP nominee would overperform in (BUT NOT WIN) Hawaii, Vermont, or Washington DC  (Read 1362 times)
Literally Just a Contrarian
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« on: May 09, 2021, 02:46:39 PM »

DeSantis would over-perform in Hawaii or California, but certainly not Vermont or Washington (he’s a bad fit for the latter two).

Hogan would over perform in Maryland and states with high levels of white college educated populations.

Trump would overperform in NY and Hawaii compared to other R’s again.

I don’t know about the others.
Literally Just a Contrarian
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 09:00:22 PM »

DeSantis would over-perform in Hawaii or California, but certainly not Vermont or Washington (he’s a bad fit for the latter two).

I don’t know about the others.

Thank you for your response. I am really interested to know why you think DeSantis, specifically, would overperform in Hawaii and California but not Vermont or Washington.

I can see DeSantis doing well with Hawaiian Natives and Asians (for Hawaii) and fairly well with Hispanics (for CA).

But I don’t really see him improving massively over Trump with the types of college educated progressive whites in Washington or Vermont. The best he does is not angering them to turnout against him as much as Trump did.

Also, I forgot that Washington has a lot of Hispanics and Asians, so I may reconsider that response.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies