MN 2022 Gov Race Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:52:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN 2022 Gov Race Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN 2022 Gov Race Megathread  (Read 21543 times)
Lognog
United States

« on: July 07, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »

If Lindell is the nominee, this race is Safe D. It's no worse than Likely D under any other matchup. Walz would beat Lindell by at least low to mid double digits, and would absolutely destroy him in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Moreover, I think the outcome of the Derek Chauvin trial will be of benefit to Walz and to Keith Ellison next year.

I don't think Lindell would do that much worse than a generic R. How many people would vote for a generic R, but not Lindell?

Look up his interview with Jordan Clepper
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 09:13:08 PM »

Just found this thread, thanks for the laughs.

I will just ignore the Pillow guy and just give my way to early thoughts on the race in general. Minnesota is turning in to a poor mans Illinois with Hennepin and Ramsey counties combined equaling Cook county with the suburbs tilting blue. If Republicans can't find a way to knock Walz down into the low 60's in Hennepin/Ramsey then it makes no difference what a Republican does outstate as there just are not enough available votes outside the Twin Cities metro.  For example Trump ran very strong in rural Minnesota, carrying 74 of the 87 counties statewide by a margin of 314,000 votes in those counties. Biden netted 327,000 from Hennepin county alone and I think Walz runs better than Biden in rural MN since that is home turf.

As I do in almost every MN thread I will leave you with a couple facts. No Republican has won statewide since T-Paw in 2006 and no Republican has gotten 50%+ of the vote statewide since Liberal Republican Arne Carlson in  1994.

I don't think its talked about enough that T-paw lost the primary in 2018. He still wouldn't have won but he could have helped the GOP in the statewide races... maybe even making Ellison's race closer
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies