Parential notification for abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:00:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Parential notification for abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Parential notification for abortion  (Read 6984 times)
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 27, 2004, 04:34:04 PM »

I favor parental notificarion for an abortion. The girls paretns won't "kill" them if she tells she is preganant. (At least I would hope not)

I don't know if you've ever known or conversed with a girl who's parents found out that she had an abortion.  The parents ended up kicking her out of the house the day she turned 18, and haven't exactly spoken to her since.

There's a REASON kids aren't forced to tell their parents about these things.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 05:07:49 PM »

I favor parental notificarion for an abortion. The girls paretns won't "kill" them if she tells she is preganant. (At least I would hope not)

I don't know if you've ever known or conversed with a girl who's parents found out that she had an abortion.  The parents ended up kicking her out of the house the day she turned 18, and haven't exactly spoken to her since.

Kicking an unruly child out of your home isn't always the wrong thing to do. I've known quite a few people who've done it and it ended up being the best thing for the child.

While the child may have had an abortion, that does not mean they're unruly -- some may be, but I'd bet that many aren't, and would qualify as kids who just made a big mistake. They shouldn't have to get kicked out of their home for it.

See, this is the liberal in me Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies