Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:41:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"  (Read 2425 times)
roxas11
United States

« on: April 19, 2021, 11:21:30 AM »

So let me get this straight

Maxine Waters says lets get "more confrontational" and the GOP now thinks that is more than enough evidence to hold her accountable for inciting violence

Yet when Trump, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley actually incited real violence that got people killed the GOP refused to hold any of them accountable for their actions....

I'm sorry But I don't take the GOP seriously on this at all, nor do buy their BS Outrage over Maxine Waters comments. maybe they should actually focus on holding people in their own party accountable before accusing the other party on inciting violence
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 12:20:05 PM »

Maxine Waters says lets get "more confrontational" and the GOP now thinks that is more than enough evidence to hold her accountable for inciting violence

Yet when Trump, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley actually incited real violence that got people killed the GOP refused to hold any of them accountable for their actions....

I'm sorry But I don't take the GOP seriously on this at all, nor do buy their BS Outrage over Maxine Waters comments. maybe they should actually focus on holding people in their own party accountable before accusing the other party on inciting violence

How did Trump or other GOP
members of Congress "incite real violence" in any way different than what Maxine Waters is saying here?

Are you seriously trying to equate my comments about the "real violence being incited at our capital with Maxine Waters because if that is the case than the big difference is that even Mitch McConnell agrees with me that Trump was 100 percent responsible for this...

roxas11
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 12:52:08 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2021, 12:58:42 PM by roxas11 »

members of Congress "incite real violence" in any way different than what Maxine Waters is saying here?

Are you seriously trying to equate my comments about the "real violence being incited at our capital with Maxine Waters because if that is the case than the big difference is that even Mitch McConnell agrees with me that Trump was 100 percent responsible for this...

lol, you're insufferable

No.  I'm not making an equivalency.  I'm asking you to specifically point to what was said by Trump/Hawley/Cruz/etc. and explain how it is any worse/more damning than what was said today by Waters.

I'll wait.

I feel the same way about you lol

but anyways back on topic Trump actions are way worse because he was a sitting president who told his people to come to Washington and march to the capital

In Maxine Waters' case rather you agree with her comments or not she is not responsible for all their protest that are currently going on around the country right now and nothing she says or does will change how people will react to the Derek Chauvin trial one way or the other

Trump on the other hand is 100 percent responsible for the capital attacks because those people whould not have even been there in the first place had he not told them to come. That event on l january 6 only happened because of him and the fact alone makes his actions way worse than anything Maxine Waters ever said
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 01:09:50 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2021, 01:13:52 PM by roxas11 »

but anyway back on topic Trump actions are way worse because he was a sitting president who told his people to come to Washington and march to the capital

In Maxine Waters' case rather you agree with her comments or not she is not responsible for all their protest that are currntly going on around the country right now and nothing she says or does will change how people will react to Derek Chauvin trial one way or the other

Trump on the other hand is 100 percent responsible for the capital attacks because those people whould not have even been there in the first place had he not told them to come. That event on l january 6 only happened because of him and the fact alone makes his actiosn way worse than anything Maxine Waters ever said

The problem here is not the result of Trump's or Waters' words. Even if the Capitol Riots hadn't happened, Trump would still have been guilty of calling for violence. The issue is that these politicians are using their pulpits to bully and intimidate others, using their supporters as a cudgel to try to get what they want. The threat itself is already criminal; any violence it actually causes just makes things worse.

I don't disagree with you on any of this

The entire point of my original post before getting into a silly battle with Del Tachi was that the GOP failure to Hold Trump and others accountable for inciting violence in the past made them less credible to me when it came to them calling out Maxine Waters for doing the same. In the end, I don't believe anybody from either party should be calling for violence
roxas11
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 01:29:55 PM »

lol, you're insufferable

No.  I'm not making an equivalency.  I'm asking you to specifically point to what was said by Trump/Hawley/Cruz/etc. and explain how it is any worse/more damning than what was said today by Waters.

I'll wait.

but anyways back on topic Trump actions are way worse because he was a sitting president who told his people to come to Washington and march to the capital

In Maxine Waters' case rather you agree with her comments or not she is not responsible for all their protest that are currently going on around the country right now and nothing she says or does will change how people will react to the Derek Chauvin trial one way or the other

Trump on the other hand is 100 percent responsible for the capital attacks because those people whould not have even been there in the first place had he not told them to come. That event on l january 6 only happened because of him and the fact alone makes his actions way worse than anything Maxine Waters ever said

On-topic?  You're the one who first brought up Trump or Hawley in this entire thread, lmao

Trump is no more or less responsible for what protesters choose to do with their days off than Adam.
Point to a single statement made by Trump that incites violence or disorder in a way more dangerous than what Maxine Waters just said.  You won't because you can't.    

Maxine Waters is a classless racial agitator and attention-seeker.  That you even equivocate in calling-out her s[inks]t  is a very bad look.    

Even Mitch Mcconnell blame Trump for the capitol riots

but anyways lets just respectfully agree to disagree on this one and move on
roxas11
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 08:07:08 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2021, 08:32:58 AM by roxas11 »

The "rioters killed Brian Sicknick with a fire estinguisher" narrative pushed by the dishonest media was debunked.  It's completely false.

There was one individual killed on 1/6.  I wonder what her name was...

I never made any reference to Brian Sicknick in my original post nor did I ever make any claims about him being killed with a fire extinguisher

I simply stated that people did lose their lives because of that riot and as you correctly pointed out the 1 person who was shot that day was a Trump supporter. But that does not change the fact that she would still be alive if Trump had not told her to march to that capital in the first place. There is no question his actions as well as others played a big role in why that poor woman pointlessly lost her life that day.

In the end she was lied to about the election by the very people she trusted the most Trump, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley
roxas11
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 08:27:23 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2021, 08:34:28 AM by roxas11 »

Floyd contributed to his own demise, he didn't get in back of police car, they kept on putting him in the back seat and he refused, but the officers wanted to establish control, that's something that BLM doesn't want to talk about

Sorry but I got to call BS on this one
Floyd told them multiple times about what the problem was and in his own words

"I don't want to win. I'm claustrophobic and I've got anxiety. I don't want to do nothing to them."

He repeatedly apologized to the officers and complaining of claustrophobia and anxiety before eventually being restrained on the ground. This was not a case of some violent thug tying trying to fight the cops and was forced to be put down

This was a guy telling them at the start about his claustrophobia /anxiety and apologised to the cops because of that. I don't for 1 second blame Floyd at all for something like that and I believe that the officer simply should have handled that situation better
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies