Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:56:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"  (Read 2413 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2021, 03:05:40 AM »

Asked about Chauvin’s trial, Waters told reporters that if Chauvin is not found guilty, "we've got to stay on the street, and we've got to get more active. We've got to get more confrontational. We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business," according to Fox News, in addition to making other comments on the trial and police brutality in the U.S.

Shameless rhetoric from a woman who has made a career out of exploiting the racial divisions in this country. Why should we have to tolerate a sitting congresswoman using veiled threats of violence in an attempt to extort a jury and receive the verdict she prefers?

Unsurprisingly, MTG immediately called for Waters to be removed from office, thus shifting the spotlight to her and solidifying my theory that she is controlled opposition designed to distract from the excesses of the far left.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 04:55:02 AM »

It won't matter, these cops are put in harm's way as well as Security Officers to keep Crime and Homelessness off the streets.

Juries give deference to officers except for Rodney King, most of these families were already financially compensated like Breyona  and Floyd for officers mistakes and Sainte West family will too
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 06:41:39 AM »

And of course simple people think this is a call to violence than a call to continue to protest.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 07:53:17 AM »

What is the appropriate, non-violent response to a state policy that allows for a certain type of state employee to murder anyone for any reason with no regulation?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 08:03:12 AM »

I really think this is overblown, she’s just encouraging people to protest injustice, and referring to peaceful protesters as a mob is very disturbing, gross editorializing on the part of the OP.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 08:20:43 AM »

I really think this is overblown, she’s just encouraging people to protest injustice, and referring to peaceful protesters as a mob is very disturbing, gross editorializing on the part of the OP.

Her exact words were "more confrontational" and "make sure they know we mean business". I don't think she actually wants riots, but it's incredibly irresponsible for her to be using this language since she presumably knows full well that rioting is what will happen if Chauvin is deemed not guilty.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 08:37:40 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2021, 08:49:34 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

As I said before there is nothing wrong with Protests, but you aren't gonna bring the victims back, that's why the families of Floyd and Breyona were financially compensated for the city role in the murder

Floyd Family got 27M Dollar settlement

That's what BLM doesn't tell you as they went bizarre last yr in protests
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 09:24:25 AM »

She's doing the old "say something that you know can and will be interpreted by some people one way, but is vague enough for plausible deniability," trick that Trump used on 1/6/2021 and other times. Bad for her, and it's not the first time she's done this.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 10:16:16 AM »

Waters has long been an embarrassment.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 10:37:27 AM »

I wouldn't protest violently against police anyways with someones family GOT 27M SETTLEMENT

As a former Security officer, Floyd death was problematic but except for that case Officers Security and police officers do a great job
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 10:45:58 AM »

She's doing the old "say something that you know can and will be interpreted by some people one way, but is vague enough for plausible deniability," trick that Trump used on 1/6/2021 and other times. Bad for her, and it's not the first time she's done this.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 11:21:30 AM »

So let me get this straight

Maxine Waters says lets get "more confrontational" and the GOP now thinks that is more than enough evidence to hold her accountable for inciting violence

Yet when Trump, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley actually incited real violence that got people killed the GOP refused to hold any of them accountable for their actions....

I'm sorry But I don't take the GOP seriously on this at all, nor do buy their BS Outrage over Maxine Waters comments. maybe they should actually focus on holding people in their own party accountable before accusing the other party on inciting violence
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 11:22:47 AM »

The first I heard about this was, unfortunately, from an unintelligent right-wing tweet, which claimed that Waters had just committed the same offense on live TV for which Trump was "falsely" impeached.  I didn't know what Waters had even done, so I assumed she must have called on people to swarm into the US Capitol and lynch Kamala Harris?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 11:33:02 AM »

Asked about Chauvin’s trial, Waters told reporters that if Chauvin is not found guilty, "we've got to stay on the street, and we've got to get more active. We've got to get more confrontational. We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business," according to Fox News, in addition to making other comments on the trial and police brutality in the U.S.

Shameless rhetoric from a woman who has made a career out of exploiting the racial divisions in this country. Why should we have to tolerate a sitting congresswoman using veiled threats of violence in an attempt to extort a jury and receive the verdict she prefers?

Unsurprisingly, MTG immediately called for Waters to be removed from office, thus shifting the spotlight to her and solidifying my theory that she is controlled opposition designed to distract from the excesses of the far left.

Should Rep. Waters call for protesters to act like police, instead?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 11:58:52 AM »

Maxine Waters says lets get "more confrontational" and the GOP now thinks that is more than enough evidence to hold her accountable for inciting violence

Yet when Trump, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley actually incited real violence that got people killed the GOP refused to hold any of them accountable for their actions....

I'm sorry But I don't take the GOP seriously on this at all, nor do buy their BS Outrage over Maxine Waters comments. maybe they should actually focus on holding people in their own party accountable before accusing the other party on inciting violence

How did Trump or other GOP members of Congress "incite real violence" in any way different than what Maxine Waters is saying here?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 12:12:39 PM »

A mob doesn't stop being a mob just because you agree with it.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2021, 12:20:05 PM »

How did Trump or other GOP
members of Congress "incite real violence" in any way different than what Maxine Waters is saying here?

Are you seriously trying to equate my comments about the "real violence being incited at our capital with Maxine Waters because if that is the case than the big difference is that even Mitch McConnell agrees with me that Trump was 100 percent responsible for this...

Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2021, 12:26:24 PM »

members of Congress "incite real violence" in any way different than what Maxine Waters is saying here?

Are you seriously trying to equate my comments about the "real violence being incited at our capital with Maxine Waters because if that is the case than the big difference is that even Mitch McConnell agrees with me that Trump was 100 percent responsible for this...

lol, you're insufferable

No.  I'm not making an equivalency.  I'm asking you to specifically point to what was said by Trump/Hawley/Cruz/etc. and explain how it is any worse/more damning than what was said today by Waters.

I'll wait.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2021, 12:38:41 PM »

When people start talking about “both sides”, that increases the necessity of said behavior.

I mean, it’s not unreasonable to be upset about what she said but to say she wants an insurrection because she said she wants more confrontational protests just makes it sound like you want an insurrection. Someone should ask her to clarify and explain herself but that doesn’t mean make assumptions about what she said.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2021, 12:48:26 PM »

If you really think the Democrats are smart enough to pull something off like that...you are sorely mistaken.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2021, 12:52:08 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2021, 12:58:42 PM by roxas11 »

lol, you're insufferable

No.  I'm not making an equivalency.  I'm asking you to specifically point to what was said by Trump/Hawley/Cruz/etc. and explain how it is any worse/more damning than what was said today by Waters.

I'll wait.

I feel the same way about you lol

but anyways back on topic Trump actions are way worse because he was a sitting president who told his people to come to Washington and march to the capital

In Maxine Waters' case rather you agree with her comments or not she is not responsible for all their protest that are currently going on around the country right now and nothing she says or does will change how people will react to the Derek Chauvin trial one way or the other

Trump on the other hand is 100 percent responsible for the capital attacks because those people whould not have even been there in the first place had he not told them to come. That event on l january 6 only happened because of him and the fact alone makes his actions way worse than anything Maxine Waters ever said
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2021, 12:57:34 PM »

but anyway back on topic Trump actions are way worse because he was a sitting president who told his people to come to Washington and march to the capital

In Maxine Waters' case rather you agree with her comments or not she is not responsible for all their protest that are currntly going on around the country right now and nothing she says or does will change how people will react to Derek Chauvin trial one way or the other

Trump on the other hand is 100 percent responsible for the capital attacks because those people whould not have even been there in the first place had he not told them to come. That event on l january 6 only happened because of him and the fact alone makes his actiosn way worse than anything Maxine Waters ever said

The problem here is not the result of Trump's or Waters' words. Even if the Capitol Riots hadn't happened, Trump would still have been guilty of calling for violence. The issue is that these politicians are using their pulpits to bully and intimidate others, using their supporters as a cudgel to try to get what they want. The threat itself is already criminal; any violence it actually causes just makes things worse.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 01:06:37 PM »

Yikes, and you find my heroin suggestion bonkers. Hope this isn't serious.

Anyway, the "both sides" card doesn't work here. Trump and his allies crafted a narrative that a fair election had been stolen, and they enabled Q wackjobs to take that to its logical conclusion and attempt to overthrow the government because the entire system - including judges who were appointed by Trump - was supposedly doing the bidding of the Deep State. The long-term damage caused by casting doubt upon the integrity of the democratic process is far worse than Maxine Waters telling people not to prostrate beneath police tyranny.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 01:09:50 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2021, 01:13:52 PM by roxas11 »

but anyway back on topic Trump actions are way worse because he was a sitting president who told his people to come to Washington and march to the capital

In Maxine Waters' case rather you agree with her comments or not she is not responsible for all their protest that are currntly going on around the country right now and nothing she says or does will change how people will react to Derek Chauvin trial one way or the other

Trump on the other hand is 100 percent responsible for the capital attacks because those people whould not have even been there in the first place had he not told them to come. That event on l january 6 only happened because of him and the fact alone makes his actiosn way worse than anything Maxine Waters ever said

The problem here is not the result of Trump's or Waters' words. Even if the Capitol Riots hadn't happened, Trump would still have been guilty of calling for violence. The issue is that these politicians are using their pulpits to bully and intimidate others, using their supporters as a cudgel to try to get what they want. The threat itself is already criminal; any violence it actually causes just makes things worse.

I don't disagree with you on any of this

The entire point of my original post before getting into a silly battle with Del Tachi was that the GOP failure to Hold Trump and others accountable for inciting violence in the past made them less credible to me when it came to them calling out Maxine Waters for doing the same. In the end, I don't believe anybody from either party should be calling for violence
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2021, 01:14:43 PM »

Yikes, and you find my heroin suggestion bonkers. Hope this isn't serious.

You're right, this wasn't serious-- and I dearly wish you'd say the same about your horrible "suggestion" so that I could try to forget about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies