Has there ever been a worse week for a candidate in history? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:19:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Has there ever been a worse week for a candidate in history? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has there ever been a worse week for a candidate in history?  (Read 2804 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: October 02, 2020, 10:06:42 PM »

Late October-Early November 1980 was a disaster for Jimmy Carter.  But this week may take the cake.

I'm now convinced that 2020 is a redux of 1980. As we move into October, it is looking increasingly likely that Biden will win by a margin comparable to that of Ronald Reagan's that year-and Trump's litany of disasters parallel those which engulfed Carter. His poor debate performance is similar to that of Carter's-Reagan's "Are you better off than you were four years ago?" was the death knell for the Carter campaign, and so will Trump's rambling prove to be for his.

This election is indeed looking to be a redux of 1980, and just as realigning and paradigm-shifting.  The current neoliberal Reagan era is coming to a close, just as the New Deal era was sputtering to an end in 1980.  I think we can safely dispose of the old adage that 'government is not the solution to our problems -it is the problem.'  People are looking to government like never before to solve our problems.  
God I hope. The similarities are there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies