SC-CBS/YouGov: Biden +5 vs. Sanders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:18:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  SC-CBS/YouGov: Biden +5 vs. Sanders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC-CBS/YouGov: Biden +5 vs. Sanders  (Read 3476 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: February 23, 2020, 11:37:03 AM »

To be completely honest, I'd much have Uncle Joe losing instead of a narrow victory to allows him to drag this on. And I'm saying this as a total Biden hack. Either he wins big time and rebounds ahead of Super Tuesday, or let's end this and see whether Mike Bloomberg can do well on Super Tuesday (though he needs to work on his debate performances). Mayor Pete would also be great, but I don't see him overcoming struggles with minorities. But the moderate lane needs to stop splitting votes before it's too late.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 02:09:34 PM »

To be completely honest, I'd much have Uncle Joe losing instead of a narrow victory to allows him to drag this on. And I'm saying this as a total Biden hack. Either he wins big time and rebounds ahead of Super Tuesday, or let's end this and see whether Mike Bloomberg can do well on Super Tuesday (though he needs to work on his debate performances). Mayor Pete would also be great, but I don't see him overcoming struggles with minorities. But the moderate lane needs to stop splitting votes before it's too late.

I'd rather have you support Biden and stay true to your principles. Now you sound desperate only wanting to stop Sanders. Biden is a million times better than Bloomberg.

Do you want him to be president:
- Not the most electable, but in polls the least electable and least likely to flip back the Rust Belt states.
- A candidate that has non-disclosure agreements with women, and we may not hear ever the truth
- A candidate that will be slaughtered in a debate with Trump
- A candidate that used racist policies as mayor of NYC.
- A candidate exploited prison labor
- A candidate that will replace a corrupt billionaire with another one.
- A candidate that used to be a Republican, much further right-wing than the CDU and esp. SPD, even if you're a third way adherent.

We say no. I made the mistake of supporting Trump, but you're making a huge mistake by supporting him. He's equally as bad as Trump, only not openly a douchebag.

Don't worry, I'll stick with Uncle Joe as long as he's in the race. I've always been a fan of him and always will be. However, if he can't win, there needs to be another moderate to contest (I will support Bernie in the general election). What I like about Bloomberg is his self-made status and brand as pragmatic problem solver. If elected, he'll govern with pragmatism and develop sound solutions for climate change, economic development and stand up to the gun lobby.

And your points, well:
- According to polls, he's doing well against Trump nationally and battlegrounds. He can build an insurce in the Sun Belt like Florida and Arizona, where Bernie appears to weaker
- The agreements are with his business that employs 25,000 people and is largely recognized as good employer that pays fair wages and has women in senior positions
- I agree, he needs to work on his debate performance.
- He at least had the guts to apologize; also needs to be noted that crime went way down under his watch. He has endorsements from major black officials as well
- Appears to be unknowningly, he apologized and stopped it
- There is no evidence of Bloomberg being corrupt. He hasn't defrauded others, cheated with taxes or paid hush money like Trump. Unlike Trump, he earned his wealth and didn't inherit a nickel.
- He ran as Republican to avoid the Democratic primary, and governed as center-left independent. He was never a true Republican, even though he worked across the aisle to get things done.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 02:26:57 PM »

I'd rather have you support Biden and stay true to your principles. Now you sound desperate only wanting to stop Sanders. Biden is a million times better than Bloomberg.

Do you want him to be president:
- Not the most electable, but in polls the least electable and least likely to flip back the Rust Belt states.
- A candidate that has non-disclosure agreements with women, and we may not hear ever the truth
- A candidate that will be slaughtered in a debate with Trump
- A candidate that used racist policies as mayor of NYC.
- A candidate exploited prison labor
- A candidate that will replace a corrupt billionaire with another one.
- A candidate that used to be a Republican, much further right-wing than the CDU and esp. SPD, even if you're a third way adherent.

We say no. I made the mistake of supporting Trump, but you're making a huge mistake by supporting him. He's equally as bad as Trump, only not openly a douchebag.

Don't worry, I'll stick with Uncle Joe as long as he's in the race. I've always been a fan of him and always will be. However, if he can't win, there needs to be another moderate to contest (I will support Bernie in the general election). What I like about Bloomberg is his self-made status and brand as pragmatic problem solver. If elected, he'll govern with pragmatism and develop sound solutions for climate change, economic development and stand up to the gun lobby.

And your points, well:
- According to polls, he's doing well against Trump nationally and battlegrounds. He can build an insurce in the Sun Belt like Florida and Arizona, where Bernie appears to weaker
- The agreements are with his business that employs 25,000 people and is largely recognized as good employer that pays fair wages and has women in senior positions
- I agree, he needs to work on his debate performance.
- He at least had the guts to apologize; also needs to be noted that crime went way down under his watch. He has endorsements from major black officials as well
- Appears to be unknowningly, he apologized and stopped it
- There is no evidence of Bloomberg being corrupt. He hasn't defrauded others, cheated with taxes or paid hush money like Trump. Unlike Trump, he earned his wealth and didn't inherit a nickel.
- He ran as Republican to avoid the Democratic primary, and governed as center-left independent. He was never a true Republican, even though he worked across the aisle to get things done.
Did he release his tax returns? How did he pay for the disclosure agreements?

He promised to do so and I believe him. That this is complicated stuff with a 64 billion dollar guy is believeable. Probably his company paid (update: Bloomberg says the women can release them if they want so; maybe has been discussed elsewhere).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies