Is "basket of deplorables" Hillary's 47% moment? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:10:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is "basket of deplorables" Hillary's 47% moment? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 233

Author Topic: Is "basket of deplorables" Hillary's 47% moment?  (Read 23829 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: September 11, 2016, 09:57:30 PM »
« edited: September 11, 2016, 10:04:45 PM by ag »

At least half of Trump's supporters are racist so I am not sure what is so controversial about this statement. About half of Republicans supported him in the primary when they had other choices. I can understand there are many Republicans who can't support Clinton but they are in the other category. At least half of the people supporting Trump are racists who just want their country back from the non-whites. Great Americans, they are. Anyone who isn't white isn't really American.
And you know this how?

I would grant that to you. He underestimates the proportion of racists among Trump supporters by a lot. It is, probably, double that.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:06:46 PM »

At least half of Trump's supporters are racist so I am not sure what is so controversial about this statement. About half of Republicans supported him in the primary when they had other choices. I can understand there are many Republicans who can't support Clinton but they are in the other category. At least half of the people supporting Trump are racists who just want their country back from the non-whites. Great Americans, they are. Anyone who isn't white isn't really American.
And you know this how?

I would grant that to you. He underestimates the proportion of racists by a lot. It is, probably, double that.

Did you have a bad experience with a white person at some point in your childhood? Do you wanna talk about it? This is a safe space to get whatever is causing your hateful delusions off your chest.

I mean, I have an experience with you right now. You are white, arenīt you?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:09:27 PM »

ag, what is your opinion of White New Hampshire women who voted against Marilinda Garcia in 2014 because she's a Hispanic who decided to run against a White woman?

Where they white? Was she white? Who was white?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:13:42 PM »

ag, what is your opinion of White New Hampshire women who voted against Marilinda Garcia in 2014 because she's a Hispanic who decided to run against a White woman?

Where they white? Was she white? Who was white?

Garcia (R) is Hispanic, and her opponent Ann Kuster (D) was White. Kuster won by a "surprisingly" wide margin, despite it being 2014.

Hispanic can be white and white can be not white. Who is really white there?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 10:15:07 PM »

I will grant you that.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 10:17:20 PM »

I honestly might vote for Trump because of this. I expect this kind of thing from atlas hack posters but calling 25 % of the country awful irredeemable people because they support your opponents political campaign is disgusting. How can she unite he country when she finds such a large percentage of it so awful? I'm sick of leftist identity politics telling me that my dad is the main thing holding America back today.

It's hard to believe that someone offended by that comment was not already voting for Trump. The truth is often painful.

I was turned off by Trump's comments on Judge Curiel among other things. I'm not a fan of this idea that the majority of the people in my town and family  are awful people just because they aren't voting for Hillary Clinton. Always good to hear such judgment from the tolerant and open minded left.

1. Nobody said anything about "not voting Clinton". Voting Trump is another matter.

2. I have never claimed being tolerant (or "left", for that matter).
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 10:29:43 PM »

. Is it really fair to call millions of people horrible just because they would rather take their chances with Trump than vote for Clinton?

Short answer: yes.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 10:33:21 PM »

So where do I fit in here?  Am I deplorable?

If you vote for Trump, yes.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 10:40:23 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2016, 10:42:01 PM by ag »

So where do I fit in here?  Am I deplorable?

If you vote for Trump, yes.

So, according to you, 100% of Trump supporters are deplorables?

According to me: yes, of course. I have been saying it for a while. Every single Trump supporter is strictly worse than Trump himself.

Ok, I will make an exception for those over 85 years of age and those suffering from mental retardation.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 10:41:06 PM »

Sure, I hate you. Please feel free to reference that fact.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 10:52:02 PM »

Again, DrScholl, as always, you are distorting his statements.

Nice example of "the pot calling the kettle black" Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 11:00:11 PM »

I am, frankly, surprised at the offended demonstrations of hurt by Trump supporters. Yes, I do consider all of you "deplorables" for a very basic reason: you support Donald Trump. Why is this so shocking?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 11:01:11 PM »

I'm not defending Trump's statements, many of the things he has said are terrible. There are many people who feel that Trump making horrid comments isn't as bad as voting for a candidate who opposes them on every political issue. That's all I'm saying. Just because Trump is bad and some people who support him are bad doesn't make the majority of people who support him bad.

The real sin here is to support Donald Trump. Being good or bad is a choice. The fact that your parents are choosing to be bad is their fault, not anyone else's.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 11:22:19 PM »

Well, you are choosing to destroy the lives of your own children.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 12:16:25 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 12:17:58 AM by ag »

Ok. Let me make a serious statement, for once.

1. I, actually, understand where the Trump support is coming from. Yes, there are many people in the US who feel that "the elites" are usurping the power, do not care about them, do not share their values, etc. I, of course, do not share those sentiments, but I do see how this can be a strong feeling.

2. This feeling is not limited to the US, of course. In fact, in much of the world the same feeling of impotent rage against the elites that many Americans feel domestically is directed against all Americans as a group. Aren't Americans the worldwide "elite"? Many Russians, for instance, would, as a matter of course, answer in the affirmative. The world, in their worldview, is governed by the "Washington obkom".

3. Of course, there are no real elites governing the world. Society is a complex organism, and no group of people can control or direct it. Nor is there a cohesive group with alligned interests that could try to do so. The world, really, is a lot more chaotic than many people suppose.

4. Miraculously, this chaos over the last 70 years has been, at least in the "first world", resolved without major conflagrations that had been the norm for most of our history, and remain the norm in many places till now. This has been achieved, in great part, because after the catastrophe of the two world wars societies converged to some modicum of political and social moderation. They say that Mexicans are so polite (and Mexican conventions are those of exaggerated politeness) because 100 years ago an impolite word could have resulted in shooting. In a sense, the same has been true of our societies in general. We could continue to think whatever we thought of those not like us (be that socially, ethnically, religiously, racially or whatever) but we tended to hold our mouths under some control. Having survived the World Wars nobody was willing to risk provoking them anew.

5. Well, this is, increasingly, no longer the case. The generation which survived the wars is gone. Their children do not understand where the politeness conventions are coming from: they think these are elite plots to subdue the straight-talking simple folk.

6. Trump has done away with courtesies of the recent decades and his supporters love it. Well, I view my role here as educational. I am performing, of course and I am being nasty and offensive. I do this for a reason. You have insisted on taking away the veneer of civilization that has maintained peace. Well, live with it. Smell the urine. Alas, unless we collectively recoil, soon we all will be smelling blood.

Yes, I am scared. And I am screaming.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 01:04:18 AM »

Ok. Let me make a serious statement, for once.

1. I, actually, understand where the Trump support is coming from. Yes, there are many people in the US who feel that "the elites" are usurping the power, do not care about them, do not share their values, etc. I, of course, do not share those sentiments, but I do see how this can be a strong feeling.

2. This feeling is not limited to the US, of course. In fact, in much of the world the same feeling of impotent rage against the elites that many Americans feel domestically is directed against all Americans as a group. Aren't Americans the worldwide "elite"? Many Russians, for instance, would, as a matter of course, answer in the affirmative. The world, in their worldview, is governed by the "Washington obkom".

3. Of course, there are no real elites governing the world. Society is a complex organism, and no group of people can control or direct it. Nor is there a cohesive group with alligned interests that could try to do so. The world, really, is a lot more chaotic than many people suppose.

4. Miraculously, this chaos over the last 70 years has been, at least in the "first world", resolved without major conflagrations that had been the norm for most of our history, and remain the norm in many places till now. This has been achieved, in great part, because after the catastrophe of the two world wars societies converged to some modicum of political and social moderation. They say that Mexicans are so polite (and Mexican conventions are those of exaggerated politeness) because 100 years ago an impolite word could have resulted in shooting. In a sense, the same has been true of our societies in general. We could continue to think whatever we thought of those not like us (be that socially, ethnically, religiously, racially or whatever) but we tended to hold our mouths under some control. Having survived the World Wars nobody was willing to risk provoking them anew.

5. Well, this is, increasingly, no longer the case. The generation which survived the wars is gone. Their children do not understand where the politeness conventions are coming from: they think these are elite plots to subdue the straight-talking simple folk.

6. Trump has done away with courtesies of the recent decades and his supporters love it. Well, I view my role here as educational. I am performing, of course and I am being nasty and offensive. I do this for a reason. You have insisted on taking away the veneer of civilization that has maintained peace. Well, live with it. Smell the urine. Alas, unless we collectively recoil, soon we all will be smelling blood.

Yes, I am scared. And I am screaming.

You make is sound as if Donald Trump is the key to all problems facing the world

No, not Trump. Trump's supporters. The are the "deplorables". Trump is a run-of-the-mill scoundrel. His supporters are much worse.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 01:17:40 AM »

Racial relations got worse under a liberal black president.  Just saying..

Have they? In whose eyes?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 01:27:12 AM »

Yeah, they have the last time race relations were this poor were in the 60s. Obama's chosen to 'stick it to whitey' rather than any sort of rapprochement. When we see people losing their jobs for stating that "All lives matter", and the statement that, "everybody's lives are important" is considered a 'racist' statement', pretty much everybody is going to 'check out' of the movement.

Framing this deranged rant. Just so that you never can argue you are not a racist.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 01:31:08 AM »

So if your parents are not "racist or homophobic," etc, then they are not in this "basket."

On this I happen to disagree with both you and Mrs. Clinton.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 01:34:04 AM »

You know rogue white policemen are going out onto the streets of America and shooting every black male in sight.  

The have been doing that since times immemorial. It is just that recently people (of all races, though, of course, not you) started objecting to it. If you consider that "deterioration", I will have to disagree. I find that a major improvement.

I realize that you are upset that killing blacks is no longer viewed as innocent fun, but, if I were you, I would keep that sentiment private.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 01:48:12 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 01:50:28 AM by ag »

You know rogue white policemen are going out onto the streets of America and shooting every black male in sight.  

The have been doing that since times immemorial. It is just that recently people (of all races, though, of course, not you) started objecting to it. If you consider that "deterioration", I will have to disagree. I find that a major improvement.

I realize that you are upset that killing blacks is no longer viewed as innocent fun, but, if I were you, I would keep that sentiment private.

This is ridiculous and once again dishonest of you.  People with your view are 10x more dangerous than any white Trump supporter could ever be.

No one views murder as innocent fun but of course anarchist types.

Well, seems like you are an anarchist then.

A deplorable anarchist.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 01:59:24 AM »

Ag you approve of that type of stuff right?

I am a solid conservative, who believes in the traditional right of vigorous protest, yes.

But, unlike you, I dislike murder and murderers.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 02:04:57 AM »

I am a solid conservative, who believes in the traditional right of vigorous violent protest, yes.

Fixed.

I am happy you do no disagree about your personal predilection for outright murder. I can respect honesty, even if it comes from a self-declared fascist (though, of course, I still detest the fascist).

Have you stopped participating in lynchings?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 02:11:50 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 02:14:29 AM by ag »

I am a solid conservative, who believes in the traditional right of vigorous violent protest, yes.

Fixed.

I am happy you do no disagree about your personal predilection for outright murder. I can respect honesty, even if it comes from a self-declared fascist (though, of course, I still detest the fascist).

Have you stopped participating in the sell of aborted fetuses ?

No. Alas, I do not get enough of those anymore. Too much competition in this business.

You should learn how to answer simple questions.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 02:23:10 AM »

Fixed.

Have you stopped participating in the sell of aborted fetuses ?

No. Alas, I do not get enough of those anymore. Too much competition in this business.

You should learn how to answer simple questions.

For a moderator you shouldn't post such ridiculous nonsense.

You should maybe delete your account.

Nonsense? I am damn serious here. Nothing like a juicy foetus for a steak.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies