Trump approval ratings thread 1.6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:37:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 115
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.6  (Read 168869 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: March 30, 2020, 12:36:36 PM »

Worth noting that the Fox poll with Trump at a record 48/51 approval has now released their GE matchup numbers:

Biden 49, Trump 40

Also:

The race remains a nine-point advantage for Biden over Trump when looking only at those voters extremely interested in the election (52-43 percent) and the former vice president has an eight-point edge in battleground states (48-40 percent).

However, Biden’s advantage grows to 25 points, 57-32 percent, in close counties (where Hillary Clinton and Trump were within 10 points in 2016).

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-leads-trump-wins-high-marks-for-female-vp-pledge

Sounds like a junk poll. Don't see how it's possible for an incumbent president to be at 48 percent approval and only polling 40 percent in a GE matchup.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1101 on: March 30, 2020, 01:17:45 PM »

Biden and Obama fixed the economy in 2008, that's why he is getting graded positively on Coronavirus. Jill Biden is more charismatic than Melania Trump.

As my maps state, Biden will be competetive in every state but TX, if Christina won the primary,  she would have been more competitive than Hegar
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1102 on: March 30, 2020, 01:36:15 PM »

Worth noting that the Fox poll with Trump at a record 48/51 approval has now released their GE matchup numbers:

Biden 49, Trump 40

Also:

The race remains a nine-point advantage for Biden over Trump when looking only at those voters extremely interested in the election (52-43 percent) and the former vice president has an eight-point edge in battleground states (48-40 percent).

However, Biden’s advantage grows to 25 points, 57-32 percent, in close counties (where Hillary Clinton and Trump were within 10 points in 2016).

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-leads-trump-wins-high-marks-for-female-vp-pledge

Sounds like a junk poll. Don't see how it's possible for an incumbent president to be at 48 percent approval and only polling 40 percent in a GE matchup.

They like what he has done so far but are scared of what follows?
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1103 on: March 30, 2020, 02:06:35 PM »

Biden 49, Trump 40

Also:

It just usually doesn't work like that and certainly not by that big of a margin. Incumbent presidents usually run ahead of their approval ratings which is why 45 percent approval is the generally accepted threshold for reelection.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1104 on: March 30, 2020, 03:08:25 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2020, 03:12:43 PM by roxas11 »

Biden 49, Trump 40

Also:

It just usually doesn't work like that and certainly not by that big of a margin. Incumbent presidents usually run ahead of their approval ratings which is why 45 percent approval is the generally accepted threshold for reelection.

since when?

I can think of single president in modern history who was below a 50 percent approval rating on election day and went on to be reelected

By time they got to election day polls showed Clinton Bush and Obama with approval ratings that were above or at 50 percent. Both Jimmy carter and George hw bush were both under 50 percent approval on election day and we all know what happened to them.

if trump is at 45 percent on November 2020........he is not getting reelected
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1105 on: March 30, 2020, 03:49:57 PM »

Social distancing is very stupid, we have all been vaccinated with chicken pox, and we have had pandemics in the past during the chicken pox era during the 1980s which I came down with. Most of the people coming down with coronas and dying are the sickly. Until social distancing is lifted, I dont think Trump can get credit for anything
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1106 on: March 30, 2020, 08:15:03 PM »

See what I tell you Badger came in this forum and said that Dems are gonna lose, no we arent Badger. I dont hear from Badger now😎😎😎

^^^

What he said.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1107 on: March 30, 2020, 10:00:55 PM »

Biden isnt Hilary 2.0, conservatives gotta realize that and 2016 election and 278 arent gonna be forever either it's a 538 election not 278 and Dems won multiple times with more than 270, 1992, 1996, 2008-12

Our House races expand into IA, OH and FL, NC and AZ, that's why Senate candidates are competetive in those states
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1108 on: March 31, 2020, 03:26:01 AM »

Social distancing is very stupid, we have all been vaccinated with chicken pox, and we have had pandemics in the past during the chicken pox era during the 1980s which I came down with. Most of the people coming down with coronas and dying are the sickly. Until social distancing is lifted, I dont think Trump can get credit for anything

Don't be so sure. People who had chickenpox can get shingles, a very nasty disease, later. Much later, maybe fifty years or more after they were children. COVID-19 has made people seemingly healthy very sickly very quickly and then killed such people. Not to trivialize HIV/AIDS, which is much slower in giving its victims a medical crisis and in finishing off its victims, COVID-19 makes people deathly ill and kills people off quickly. Besides, the early profiles of AIDS victims (heavily involved in reckless sexuality or IV drug use and thus easy to dismiss as social pariahs) is very different from the earliest victims of COVID-19 in America, the "frequent flier". The latter profile is of well-heeled, highly-educated, high-achieving movers-and-shakers in business, medicine, law, academia, the arts, and politics...and with traveling salespeople who make our economic system tick. The response will be different when such people do the dying than with such people as IV drug users.

COVID-19 has spread to people not so privileged and often deserving such... to people not so well-off. One such community is Americus, Georgia, the small city close to a small town in Georgia where resides the oldest former President in American history. Americus is not a prosperous community of movers-and-shakers. The Republican Governor of Georgia has been slow to lock down his state, and Georgians have been paying the price. (Fulton County, Georgia, which contains Atlanta and what is usually the world's busiest airport has locked down by local order without any decision from the Governor. Atlanta is in far better shape with respect to COVID-19 than is Americus.

(What is the saying about Atlanta? It is a civilized and sophisticated, fully-modern city surrounded by Georgia). 

...Hoping to see Jimmy Carter avoid harm so that he can get to watch the landslide defeat of someone as lacking in virtues as he is rich in them...   
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1109 on: March 31, 2020, 09:41:41 AM »

Civiqs has shown no bump in Trump's approval at all - still 44/54 nationally, about where it's been for months.

https://civiqs.com/results/approve_president_trump?annotations=true&uncertainty=true&zoomIn=true

Also lines up mostly with their new poll from 3/28 - 3/30 for Trump's coronavirus approval: 44/51

https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_DailyKos_monthly_banner_book_2020_03B_x2nf9sb.pdf
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1110 on: March 31, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »

See what I tell you Badger came in this forum and said that Dems are gonna lose, no we arent Badger. I dont hear from Badger now😎😎😎

WTF are you talking about? I never said we're going to lose. I don't believe that, FTR, and roll my eyes whenever someone posts that with it being several months before the election and Trump poll ratings looking shaky at best.

Again, WTF are you even talking about? Your post is somehow even less intelligible than usual.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1111 on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »

WTF are you talking about? I never said we're going to lose. I don't believe that, FTR, and roll my eyes whenever someone posts that with it being several months before the election and Trump poll ratings looking shaky at best.

Again, WTF are you even talking about? Your post is somehow even less intelligible than usual.

Whatever, you constantly in the Congressional map says underrate Dems chances and says McGrath  and Harrison have zero chance, you undercut Biden chances.  But you did say that McGrath have no chance which she does. Undercutting Dems chances is still undercutting their chances, I dont have to prove I am less intelligent I have 6 diplomas
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1112 on: March 31, 2020, 11:02:18 AM »

OMG. The CNN so-called analysts actually are postulating trumps relocating His official residence to Florida was for electoral reasons rather than taxes, and more importantly that it actually might make some impact on the race. As if more than one undecided voter in a million down there is going to care that his official home is now Mar-A-Lago instead of Trump Tower. What complete and utter maroons.

This is the badger thread that due to Coronavirus,  Trump is inevitable, no he isnt

This is the map you said will be the outcome of the 2020, I have your quote 2020 Biden is Hilary 2.0
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1113 on: March 31, 2020, 01:30:34 PM »

OMG. The CNN so-called analysts actually are postulating trumps relocating His official residence to Florida was for electoral reasons rather than taxes, and more importantly that it actually might make some impact on the race. As if more than one undecided voter in a million down there is going to care that his official home is now Mar-A-Lago instead of Trump Tower. What complete and utter maroons.

This is the badger thread that due to Coronavirus,  Trump is inevitable, no he isnt

This is the map you said will be the outcome of the 2020, I have your quote 2020 Biden is Hilary 2.0

Have you no reading comprehension skills whatsoever? I NEVER said:

a) this map was the likely outcome;
b) Biden was Hillary 2.0
c) That Trump is going to win.

If you should develop basic literacy, you'll see I was unmistakably to anyone on planet Earth lampooning CNN's brain trust for foolishly postulating Trump's official change of residence to Florida would even minutely affect the race.

You are such a weirdo.

The primary reason I didn't say any of that stuff? I. Do. Not. Believe. Any. Of. Those. Statements.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1114 on: March 31, 2020, 01:35:41 PM »

Whatever, you constantly in the Congressional map says underrate Dems chances and says McGrath  and Harrison have zero chance, you undercut Biden chances.  But you did say that McGrath have no chance which she does. Undercutting Dems chances is still undercutting their chances, I dont have to prove I am less intelligent I have 6 diplomas

My saying McGrath has little to no chance running against McConnell in Kentucky means I think Biden is toast against Trump? And who TF is "Harrison"?? WTF are you even talking about?!?

Gonna speak bluntly here. I have you on ignore (only found this post when Mikado quoted it) because your usual gibberish of word salad is literally painful to read. You do you, but leave me out of your delusions.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1115 on: March 31, 2020, 01:38:25 PM »

Lamo you said McGrath has zero chance and undercut most Dems in the Congressional board, I know what your avatar states, you are an R who supports Trump, that doesnt take reading comprehension,  I read your negative comments about McGrath and Grimes. Undercutting Dems is still undercutting Dems
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1116 on: March 31, 2020, 01:39:43 PM »

Whatever, you constantly in the Congressional map says underrate Dems chances and says McGrath  and Harrison have zero chance, you undercut Biden chances.  But you did say that McGrath have no chance which she does. Undercutting Dems chances is still undercutting their chances, I dont have to prove I am less intelligent I have 6 diplomas

My saying McGrath has little to no chance running against McConnell in Kentucky means I think Biden is toast against Trump? And who TF is "Harrison"?? WTF are you even talking about?!?

Gonna speak bluntly here. I have you on ignore (only found this post when Mikado quoted it) because your usual gibberish of word salad is literally painful to read. You do you, but leave me out of your delusions.

Who cares all you do is talk against Dems lamo

You dont like Dems, that's why you are talking against me. You have nothing nice to say.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1117 on: March 31, 2020, 01:51:37 PM »

Lamo you said McGrath has zero chance and undercut most Dems in the Congressional board, I know what your avatar states, you are an R who supports Trump, that doesnt take reading comprehension,  I read your negative comments about McGrath and Grimes. Undercutting Dems is still undercutting Dems

Who cares all you do is talk against Dems lamo

You dont like Dems, that's why you are talking against me. You have nothing nice to say.

Every single thing you just typed is proven wrong by spending literally 30 seconds reading my posting history. Get a clue.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1118 on: March 31, 2020, 01:53:22 PM »

Why say nothing about McGrath chances, everyone knows that in wave McConnell will lose. Just because McConnell won in 2014 doesnt mean anything

I dont have to prove my intellect to you this not school and we arent verbalizing in public. If we were in person, I would bring every law book out on you in my law class
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1119 on: March 31, 2020, 02:05:42 PM »

Why say nothing about McGrath chances, everyone knows that in wave McConnell will lose. Just because McConnell won in 2014 doesnt mean anything

I dont have to prove my intellect to you this not school and we arent verbalizing in public. If we were in person, I would bring every law book out on you in my law class

I think McGrath has about as much chance of winning as Doug Jones, if that. She'd be about the 7th or 8th seat to flip after CO, AZ, ME, NC, MT, both GA seats, and about equal at best with KS if Kobach wins the primary, plus just ahead in liklihood of some out of the blue upset of Ernst.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1120 on: March 31, 2020, 04:04:17 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1121 on: March 31, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »

Shockingly low levels of economic pessimism considering what's happening with the market and jobless claims, especially since it was conducted less than a week ago. Who are the 45% of American who don't think (or are even undecided) that the economy is on the wrong track? Huh
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1122 on: March 31, 2020, 04:27:17 PM »

Shockingly low levels of economic pessimism considering what's happening with the market and jobless claims, especially since it was conducted less than a week ago. Who are the 45% of American who don't think (or are even undecided) that the economy is on the wrong track? Huh

We're in highly partisan times. Expect at least 35-40% of the country to stand by Trump... and even ignore their financial hardships in the process.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1123 on: March 31, 2020, 04:36:40 PM »

We're in highly partisan times. Expect at least 35-40% of the country to stand by Trump... and even ignore their financial hardships in the process.
Sure, but I'd expect those people to at least acknowledge concerns the economy is in freefall, even if all the while professing President Trump isn't to blame, is making things better, and how it'd be sooooo much worse with Hillary and Pelosi running the country, yadda yadda yadda.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1124 on: March 31, 2020, 06:57:18 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2020, 07:01:27 PM by Meclazine »

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 115  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies