Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:02:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289833 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: January 30, 2021, 01:34:48 AM »
« edited: January 30, 2021, 04:05:08 PM by hermit »

Biden is popular with me. I like what he says and I like what he's doing. I like his calmness. I like that he is filling his cabinet with all types of people. I like that he is interested in helping people instead of bullying us, lying to us and conning us. He chose a female for VP in keeping with his diversity theme. That is very important to me personally.

I don't care what the numbers say. It's WAY too early to start rating him. But I sure do like what I'm seeing so far. I also like that he has an intelligent wife who is a public servant in her own right.

Where would our country be right now if Trump were still in office? It would be exactly where it was, full of chaos, disorder, and EGO. BS on that.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 08:33:01 PM »

Earlier than I expected. Both states were polled often over the last four years. It is an excellent start for President Biden. Forty-eight to go. 

Great start for Biden but D's are gonna lose big time on impeachment, the vote to dismiss the case was 55/45

I don't think people really care about impeachment at this point. The Dems did what they had to do. Pelosi did her job and I'm glad for it. Sometimes politicians need to do the right thing rather than go for optics. Trump is society's problem now.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 03:49:56 PM »

I think people are simply unrealistic in their opinion of Biden. After the utter chaos and disarray of the Trump years, who best to calm the jittery nerves of the country and also the world over? We needed Biden and I believe he has served us well.

We've gone through Covid, the Ukraine war, Roe tanking, all the mass shootings -- over 250 since January 2022. In all this what would Trump have done? I shudder to think.

People don't give Biden enough credit for keeping the country together. And I'm absolutely tired of hearing about all the unrealistic complaints. That's why I think Biden should retire at the end of this term and let's put Harris in there, or another woman with much younger blood.  I also like Stacy Abrams, she is smart and articulate. Or Amy Klobuchar. It's definitely time for a woman President. Just my opinion on this lazy Sunday afternoon.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 03:44:09 PM »

I think Biden is doing the best he has in him. Clearly age is a factor. Out of respect for Biden I think he should do what he thinks best about retiring or running for another term. I'd like to see him retire, and Nancy Pelosi, and Diane Feinstein, and especially Mitch. (Give that guy the boot.) Anyway, however the chips fall. If Biden is up for another term and is voted in, at least we know we have an honorable person at the helm. He's no great orator, but he has compassion and heart.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 05:52:35 PM »

CNN Poll: 75% of Democratic voters want someone other than Biden in 2024

A new CNN poll finds 75% of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters want the party to nominate someone other than President Joe Biden in the 2024 election, a sharp increase from earlier this year.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/politics/cnn-poll-biden-2024/index.html
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 03:46:53 AM »

Interesting that while Bidens approval is 40/54 among RV in the YouGov poll, his favorability is 44/51. Goes to show again that voters are not only removing administrations performance from D candidates locally, but voters also have somewhat of a different mindset in terms of how the admin is performing vs their personal like for Biden.

This is another thing that is different from 2018. Trumps personal brand/favorability was truly toxic and unpalatable for the voters that disapproved of him. This year, however, Biden's not universally disliked. People may be unhappy with what he is getting done or lack thereof, but they personally don't hate him like the electorate did for Trump.

Biden is a decent moral man. Calm and not easily excitable. What's to dislike, except that his calm demeanor makes for boring entertainment. And after Trump, we want our President to be entertaining. The swing of the pendulum to two extremes. We need some refreshing face in between these two.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2023, 08:27:32 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2023, 08:42:37 PM by Hermit For Peace »

I think his approval should be much higher than it is, but people aren't entertained enough by him. That plus miscommunication about what Biden has accomplished that helps the American people. People got used to Trump's entertainment factor, even though he his administration was sheer chaos, and they view Biden as just an old man. The stupidity of it all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies