FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:38:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE  (Read 2044 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2005, 10:04:38 AM »

What is the one thing you hope to do as President that you hope will have the greatest impact on the security of Atlasia?

There are many kinds of security. People tend to focus on external threats when talking about security, but the internal security of our people is also important.

To enhance security against external threats, terrorists in particular, I will try to increase the number of special operations units, such as Navy Seals, within our military. These units are those with the best training to hunt down terrorist to our country that lurk outside of our borders.

One of the biggest threats to internal security is actually corruption. I plan on cleaning up the human resources within the FBI so that they will get back on track and better track down criminals rather than serve their own interests.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2005, 10:46:50 AM »

What is the one thing you hope to do as President that you hope will have the greatest impact on the security of Atlasia?

I hope that the foreign policy plan that I've outlined as Secretary of State will be adopted by the Senate. I think one of the major weaknesses of the past foreign policies has been an acceptance with working with those we know to be corrupt and despotic and meanwhile acting with the moral highground and the hypocrisy of this has cost us greatly.

Under my presidency I hope to bring the Atlasian government to a new level of foreign activity. Any states that seek to become more open and democratic can seek the non-biased support of my administration. Also, we need to improve human rights violations, like those in Darfur.

Cracking down on those who violate the rights of our common man is how I'd like to greatly improve our national security.

Siege
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2005, 12:41:31 PM »

I hope that my greatest impact on the global security of Atlasia will be the founding of the Global Treaty Organization.  It is an idea that I have discussed in the past, but I really need to be President in order to have both the governmental and moral authority to enact.  Basically, the GTO will be similar to a world wide NATO where the participating members will be Democratic nations, who are commited to using combined force to stop terrorism and defend other Democratic nations from harm, all over the world.  It differs from the UN in that we will have our goals clearly defined that all members will be swore to commitment too and we will be willing to use force to acctually keep peace, not just fake it.

I would just like to add that, though Sec. Siege is a good man, I hope that he willk not bring his plan with him, as it will be an open invitation for the Chinese and other repressive regimes to walk all over us.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2005, 09:28:18 AM »

And now candidates, for my final question:

What is the one thing you hope to do as President that you hope will have the greatest impact on the enjoyment people find on these fantasy forums?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2005, 02:02:27 PM »

What is the one thing you hope to do as President that you hope will have the greatest impact on the enjoyment people find on these fantasy forums?

Conduct myself in a civil, respectful manner. People enjoy this game because it simulates real politics, and that includes having divergent viewpoints. However, I find that people don't like it when others stoop to the low level 'mud flinging' like they do in real politics.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2005, 02:19:40 PM »

I think that I've always conducted myself on this forum in a civil manner, even to those people who aren't civil themselves, and I would certainly continue to do so.  I oppose the deletion of the Secretary of the Treasury position.  I see no reason to deny an office to some Atlasia who might want it.  I will also encourage people to not engage in negative advertising, which has unfortauntely made the forum a lot less fun for many people, including myself, recently.  I won't be making any attack ads this campaign, and as your president, I will use my influence to encourage others to follow suit.  This forum has become much less fun lately, but under my leadership it can rise in funness back to the level of the days of Nym90.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2005, 05:53:30 PM »

I will encourage the revitalization of a "private sector" so Atlasia is more than just government.  We were all pretty happy back in the days where we had a stream of pro-football, pro-basketball, pro-baseball leagues, etc. and it was good fun.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2005, 12:07:35 AM »

And now candidates, for my final question:

Well, I think the first thing we need to do is bring more people in.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't think it is very enjoyable to have the same 50 people voting in every election, with more people leaving than coming.

I think that once we do that, we can start talking about expanding Atlasias private and government sector.  Particularly a gradual expansion of the number of regions and Senate districts.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2005, 07:54:33 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2005, 07:58:08 AM by John F. Kennedy »

Sorry I am late, I was kidnapped on Saturday by some friends and having been living with them pretty much since.

What is the one thing you hope to do as President that you hope will have the greatest impact on the economy of Atlasia?

I hope the Loony currency policies will have the greatest impact on the economy of Atlasia. The introduction of a 99 cent coin will mean less cost as we will not have to produce the inefficient and wasteful pennies. The introduction of chickens will also give us a more stable and lively currency that people will really want to earn, a currency that works for us while we work for it.

Reverse many of the current Secretary of State's positions. I do not feel that many of his choices will increase Atlasian popularity and may create anti-Atlasian sentiment while undermining our credibility in dealing with disarmament. I also think that doing so will make us more economically secure as sanctions against many trading partners will cause serious problems, especially when it comes to oil.

Be crazy and whacky and introduce more fun policies like my Vice-Presidential candidate's proposed Torte Reform.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2005, 02:40:53 PM »

My main plan to ensure forum levity is to be an active President, the largely decided best President, JFK was extremely active and the citizens felt as though the actually had a President and not merely a silent figure head. When elected I will be active and make the Presidency the dominant political position it is suppose to be.

Siege
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2005, 07:26:41 PM »

To answer the point about economics, I hope to work with the Senate and my Treasury Secretary on tax cuts and a more open market for trade.

My answer is actually similar to Senator King's. I hope to appoint an experienced cabinet and with an Attorney General as my VP, I am sure that Atlasians will feel the most secure under my administration.

To answer your final question, enjoyment is a key issue in my campaign. As many know, I am championing the idea of ending elitism. If we can end that and work to make everyone feel more welcome, than I am sure that everyone can enjoy themselves.

Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2005, 08:07:12 PM »

Some of our ideas about increasing the fun don't sound very fun at all... lol, oh well.

Siege
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2005, 10:37:25 PM »

Some of our ideas about increasing the fun don't sound very fun at all... lol, oh well.

Siege

"WE WILL CRACK DOWN HARSHLY ON PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT HAVING FUN"
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2005, 01:08:11 PM »

That was a short debate.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2005, 01:36:57 PM »

Yeah, too short...
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2005, 02:15:20 PM »

Others will start soon, I assume the Daily Planet will run one.

Siege
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies