Center for Science in the Public Interest (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:45:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Center for Science in the Public Interest (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Center for Science in the Public Interest- freedom fighters or horrible people?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Center for Science in the Public Interest  (Read 3104 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: March 27, 2006, 07:56:41 AM »

Looks like I'm outnumbered 9 to 1 on this, but what the heck Libertarians don't know what its like to be in the majority.

Most of you call the CSPI freedom fighters.
How will the CSPI make you freer?

David, you get poll results like this because you divided things up with the "FF or HP" thing - the real world doesn't work like that, so expect results that suck. I don't think they're freedom fighters, I disagree with their intentions, but I don't think that makes them horrible people either - so I just didn't vote in this poll myself.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 12:34:51 PM »

John
I don't recall inventing the FF- HP trend. I'm just following suit.

Nobody forced you to follow suit - it's not a good way of wording these things since the world isn't that black and white. I really hope this trend will end sometime soon.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Keep in mind that while the two of us do disagree with what they are trying to do, they are honestly filled with the best of intentions. They want to do something they view as good for other people. Because of that I can't really classify them as horrible people, rather I would view them as horribly misguided people.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 10:42:10 PM »

This group is laying the groundwork for an anti-junk food campaign similar to the anti-smoking campaign which both you and I have spoken against.

Your banner says it all: Smoking is healthier than fascism.

Well, I don't consider the anti-smoking nazis horrible people(I know a few in fact, and they are anything but) - the real Nazis were horrible people, these kinds of people are just busybodies at worst.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 07:36:05 AM »

You're not telling me anything I don't know, David. I just have a firm grip on reality - horrible people are mass murderers(or just plain murderers), rapists, and their ilk. These people, while very annoying and intrusive, can hardly be compared to legitimate horrible people. It's not like these people are out to kill or hurt anyone - hell, their intent is to save lives if nothing else. Do I agree with their methods? Hell no! But when it comes down to it you can't possibly call them horrible. Busybodies yes, jerks maybe, horrible people no.

My point is that the world doesn't even cleave into freedom fighters and horrible people, and we need to stop making these stupid polls that act like it does.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies