Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:04:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope  (Read 68944 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 15, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »
« edited: December 15, 2017, 08:38:04 PM by MT Treasurer »

But that wasn't what happened.  Moore actually overperformed his benchmarks through North Alabama and the Wiregrass with rural, working class White voters even though you think these people are Democrats.

Obviously, yes, you are correct that the unique circumstances in this race do not make it especially exportable to other races looking forward.  However, it is a continuation of the trends we saw put into motion last year.

I was just going to post something similar, but Del Tachi already explained it pretty well. Obviously we're Dixiecrats in disguise for noting this, though.

LOL, I know you have long predicted such a "realignment" (and, I'd go so far as to say you want it for some reason), but how is it "hilarious"?  I'll go ahead and predict, not so boldly, that a non-accused-pedophile Republican beats Jones with b oth of those income brackets.  Agree?

Actually, I wouldn't be so sure about that. No doubt Strange would have done a lot better with those income brackets, but IMO he would have underperformed badly as well (and honestly, I think he was the only other Republican who could have blown it), so in a close election he probably loses both groups. I'd wager they're not exactly fond of Trump either, and there's no reason to believe that there wouldn't have been a continuation of 2016 trends in 2017 if Strange had won the nomination.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 01:20:57 PM »

I actually think Jones would have beaten Strange as well, people really forget what an incredibly flawed candidate he was. As regards 2020, Jones either needs a massive Democratic landslide or an Akin-level implosion of Byrne or Brooks or whoever gets the nomination.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies