Would you support this?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:39:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Would you support this?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would you support the banning of an HPV vaccine?
Yes (Pro Choice)

No (Pro Choice)

Yes (Pro Life)

No (Pro Life)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Would you support this?  (Read 6720 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 07:06:39 PM »

'In the latest New Yorker, Michael Specter has a positively chilling story on how theoconservatives and Christianists have waged a quiet war against some critical vaccines, especially against Human papillomavirus or HPV.

Becoming quite the conspiracy theorist, eh Afleitch?

The actual item is not a "theory"; they're openly opposing it.  The only place where theory comes in is with regards to their motives, and no plausible theory leads to a good outcome in this region.

There are many theories here, Gabu, including yours that Afleitch doesn't look a bit crazy with his concern over this.  But that's okay.  You boys worry about whatever you like.  For example, there are also people who wear aluminum foil hats and lobby congress daily to go after the alien invaders who listen in on our thoughts.  I'm sure you, Afleitch, and Andrew Sullivan think their lobbying merit polls and posts as well. 

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 07:13:20 PM »

these people may not represent the views of conservatives as a whole but they are the public face of conservatism because they get all of the air time.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »

angus has no conception of that for which he is voting.

Of course the religious are quite upset with modern science, and this is a perfect example.  Pennicilin and the Pill certainly encouraged promiscuity.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 03:10:22 AM »

Unless there is something we are not being told, I don't see a point to ban this drug.

Anti-abortion extremists support cervical cancer by opposing this drug.
Pro-abortion extremists support cervical cancer by supporting abortion which increases the risk of cervical cancer.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 03:15:50 AM »

There are many theories here, Gabu, including yours that Afleitch doesn't look a bit crazy with his concern over this.  But that's okay.  You boys worry about whatever you like.  For example, there are also people who wear aluminum foil hats and lobby congress daily to go after the alien invaders who listen in on our thoughts.  I'm sure you, Afleitch, and Andrew Sullivan think their lobbying merit polls and posts as well. 

I honestly don't particularly care about this, but do you deny that there are groups of people who oppose this vaccine that can help fight cancer?

If not, then you appear to be arguing purely for the sake of arguing.  May I recommend one of these:

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2006, 01:28:50 PM »

Angus I was only quoting anothers opinion. It does not necessarily mean that it is my own. I only opened up Sullivans take on it for debate.

So please do not attack me for being a 'conspiracy theorist' when it isn't even my POV that is being put forward.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2006, 03:49:11 PM »

I support the vaccine.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »

Angus I was only quoting anothers opinion. It does not necessarily mean that it is my own. I only opened up Sullivans take on it for debate.

So please do not attack me for being a 'conspiracy theorist' when it isn't even my POV that is being put forward.

Smiley

Not sure where I was going with all that.  I have a totally different vibe at the moment.  and it all seems even less relevant now than it did when I called you a conspiracy theorist.  Though the irrelevance of it all was the point of my diatribe.  I think.  Anyway, no offense intended.  Peace.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 04:30:13 PM »

these people may not represent the views of conservatives as a whole but they are the public face of conservatism because they get all of the air time.
Which is pretty much the fault of lazy left-libertarians in the media who would rather indulge their biases and only go to the nuts for quotes instead of actually trying to understand the complexities of how religious folks think...the PEW Center did a survey of journalists and they really didn't come out looking very well on this matter at all. Smiley
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 07:22:49 PM »

No (pro-choice, albeit tenuously)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »