Political Typology Quiz survey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:00:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Political Typology Quiz survey
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Core Conservatives

Country Frist conservatives

Market Skeptical Republicans

New Era Enterprisers

Devout and Diverse

Disaffected Democrats

Opportunity Democrats

Solid Liberals

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Political Typology Quiz survey  (Read 3575 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2018, 03:07:35 PM »

http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/

In the political quiz thread, Goldwater the libertarian was placed into the Democrats and I was placed in the Republicans. I found that curious, so I'm particularity interested if other users end up with results like so.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 03:12:56 PM »

Opportunity Democrats- Democratic-leaning and financially comfortable, Opportunity Democrats have liberal attitudes on most issues including the environment, immigration and homosexuality. They stand out from other Democratic groups in their strong belief that hard work is enough for most people to get ahead and for being somewhat less likely to see structural barriers facing blacks and women. They are supportive of U.S. engagement abroad and involvement in global markets.

Sounds pretty accurate, though I do think that there are many barriers facing women (and to a lesser extent today, blacks). Also, I'm definitely not financially comfortable, lol.
sverkol

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 03:18:15 PM »

Opportunity Democrat whatever it means
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 03:29:23 PM »

Solid Liberals
along with 16% of the public
Highly educated and politically engaged, Solid Liberals hold consistently liberal values. They back a robust role for government and are strong advocates of the social safety net. Large majorities view the current economic system as unfair and see economic inequality as a major problem. They take broadly positive views of immigrants, and fully 99% think being open to people from around the world is an essential part of the nation’s identity. Most say more needs to be done to address both racial discrimination and obstacles to women’s achievement. They support same-sex marriage and believe homosexuality should be accepted by society. Solid Liberals are the most Democratic of all typology groups: nearly two-thirds (64%) identify as Democrats, another 35% lean toward the Democratic Party.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 03:36:50 PM »

Your best fit is...
Disaffected Democrats
along with 14% of the public.

This majority-minority group mostly identifies as Democratic or leans toward the Democratic Party. Disaffected Democrats strongly believe the economic system unfairly favors powerful interests and that business corporations make too much profit. Relatively few believe their family has achieved the American Dream, and 24% believe it is out of reach for their family. Most say the government should do more to help the needy and that poor people have hard lives because government benefits do not go far enough to help them live decently. In contrast to other Democratic-oriented groups, a majority (63%) characterizes government as “almost always wasteful and inefficient.”
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 03:39:39 PM »

"Core Conservatives"
Not a Partisan Hack ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Not a Partisan Thug
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 03:55:33 PM »

Disaffected democrats, doesn’t really suprise me.

I believe that the disaffected democrats and market skeptic republicans are just the populist sections of both parties.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 04:27:01 PM »

Disaffected Democrat, though I don't share their constant skepticism.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 07:01:59 PM »

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 07:06:56 PM »

Disaffected Democrat.  I think that's accurate.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 08:06:50 PM »

New Era Enterprisers
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 08:09:14 PM »

Market-skeptical conservatives.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 08:35:49 PM »

New Era Enterpriser.

They've changed the categories on this quiz.  I remember before they had a "Main Street Republican" one that seemed to fit me well.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 09:34:32 PM »

Core Conservatives - This overwhelmingly Republican group holds conservative attitudes across a wide range of issues, especially in their support for smaller government. Core Conservatives are deeply skeptical of the social safety net and favor lower tax rates on corporations and high-income individuals. While they are divided on whether immigrants do more to strengthen or burden the country, Core Conservatives offer far more positive views of immigrants than do Country First Conservatives. Core Conservatives are relatively upbeat about national conditions and a majority says that the United States “stands above” all other nations in the world.

I agree with this categorization and am glad they recognize some of the nuance between different conservative groups on immigration. This is surprising given that the questions made no distinction between legal and illegal immigrants, towards whom my attitudes are very different. Overall, very accurate.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 12:45:51 AM »

"Core Conservative" though it places me near the middle on the ideological spectrum.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 01:04:51 AM »

"Opportunity Democrat", as i expected..
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 02:41:17 AM »

"Opportunity Democrat", as i expected..
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2018, 03:09:22 AM »

New Era Enterprisers

This relatively young, economically conservative, Republican-leaning group tends to be relatively moderate on immigration and views about America’s engagement with the rest of the world. Most say U.S. involvement in the global economy is a good thing and that immigrants strengthen the nation. As is the case with other GOP-leaning groups, a majority of New Era Enterprisers reject the idea that racial discrimination is the main reason many black people are unable to get ahead. Nearly two-thirds favor societal acceptance of homosexuality. New Era Enterprisers are less critical about government than other Republican-leaning groups.

I would say this definitely fits me, but I would've liked more than two options on the questions.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 03:20:17 AM »

Solid Liberal
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2018, 02:58:18 PM »

Core Conservatives - This overwhelmingly Republican group holds conservative attitudes across a wide range of issues, especially in their support for smaller government. Core Conservatives are deeply skeptical of the social safety net and favor lower tax rates on corporations and high-income individuals. While they are divided on whether immigrants do more to strengthen or burden the country, Core Conservatives offer far more positive views of immigrants than do Country First Conservatives. Core Conservatives are relatively upbeat about national conditions and a majority says that the United States “stands above” all other nations in the world.

I agree with this categorization and am glad they recognize some of the nuance between different conservative groups on immigration. This is surprising given that the questions made no distinction between legal and illegal immigrants, towards whom my attitudes are very different. Overall, very accurate.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2018, 09:13:53 PM »

Core Conservative. I'm not sure how they cut these off exactly, but looking at the specific answers to the questions this group is somewhat more ideologically heterogeneous than its left-wing counterpart, the Solid Liberals.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies