Who annoys you more, far-left liberals or far-right conservatives? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:45:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who annoys you more, far-left liberals or far-right conservatives? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who annoys you more, far-left liberals or far-right conservatives?  (Read 3500 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: January 28, 2005, 04:55:13 AM »

I'd say both, but moreso the right (no surprise).  I'll start with the left.  KeystonePhil, this is one of the few areas I think we agree on.  Sometimes I come across these far-leftie MTV watching suburbanites that think Mumia should be free and things like Section 8 and welfare should be doled out freely.  Mind you I am not for elimination of either, but some people on these programs abuse these priviledges yet these spoiled suburbanites have the nerve to call me insensitive or racist for speaking my mind on these issues.

Now onto the right..  I'll state my annoyances with both the "Club for Growthers" and the self-righteous "black and white" Catholics that think abortion and gay marriage are the only important issues then shove their views down your throat.  Danwxman, I know exactly what you're talking about with college conservatives.  I was a business major myself, so I know firsthand.  These are the type of people that will shoot down any thoughts other than Reaganomics and outright exploitation of workers.  Now the professors knew that students with different value systems were in front of them in class so they encouraged debate from all sides (at least at Temple).  However students from some of these upper middle class and wealthy backgrounds wanted to hear none of it.  Some of these kids sounded like spolied rotten brats that cared only about themselves ("Oh, if my daddy can make millions by exploiting Cambodians, then tough sh**t for them and American workers, hehehe").  Now on to the self-righteous Catholics.  These are the type of people who wear their Catholicism on their sleeves and think nothing of it to force it down other people's throats and if you don't think like them, you are an awful person.  Believe me, carrying the pro-choice banner as an Irish Catholic(?) male in Northeast Philadelphia can be difficult at times.  I know a very good amount of pro-choice people exist here, but the pro-lifers are far more vocal and get more local (neighborhood) media attention.  Some of these Knights of Columbus/AOH types have made me feel quite awful and are in disbelief that I'm pro-choice and favor gay marriage.   
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 09:53:48 PM »

Now on to the self-righteous Catholics.  These are the type of people who wear their Catholicism on their sleeves and think nothing of it to force it down other people's throats and if you don't think like them, you are an awful person.  Believe me, carrying the pro-choice banner as an Irish Catholic(?) male in Northeast Philadelphia can be difficult at times.  I know a very good amount of pro-choice people exist here, but the pro-lifers are far more vocal and get more local (neighborhood) media attention.  Some of these Knights of Columbus/AOH types have made me feel quite awful and are in disbelief that I'm pro-choice and favor gay marriage.   

Yeah. God forbid if someone is a proud Catholic!  Shocked

I love how we're always "forcing" something on someone. I don't like abortion. I don't like gay marriage. I don't like tax hikes. I don't like a government run healthcare program. Stop forcing your agenda on me!

I really do like when liberals talk about their ideas, it's never "forcing an agenda."

We share our views and suddenly we want to make everyone believe it. Give me a break.

You say abortion and gay marriage aren't the only issues. I agree. Now tell those in your party that the jobs issue is not the only issue.

Keystone, you are severely simple minded.  I have no problem with someone being a proud Catholic.  Picking on them would be picking on about 1/2 my own family.  Picking on some of the views of these self-righteous clowns and yes I'm not sparing part of my family from this either.  Most of these "pro-lifers" are delusional 50, 60, and 70 something white males that got married at 20 so they feel they can be pricks about other people's sex lives they really have no business in.  Yes, these people are forcing their beleifs on others.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 12:28:07 AM »

Now on to the self-righteous Catholics.  These are the type of people who wear their Catholicism on their sleeves and think nothing of it to force it down other people's throats and if you don't think like them, you are an awful person.  Believe me, carrying the pro-choice banner as an Irish Catholic(?) male in Northeast Philadelphia can be difficult at times.  I know a very good amount of pro-choice people exist here, but the pro-lifers are far more vocal and get more local (neighborhood) media attention.  Some of these Knights of Columbus/AOH types have made me feel quite awful and are in disbelief that I'm pro-choice and favor gay marriage.   

Yeah. God forbid if someone is a proud Catholic!  Shocked

I love how we're always "forcing" something on someone. I don't like abortion. I don't like gay marriage. I don't like tax hikes. I don't like a government run healthcare program. Stop forcing your agenda on me!

I really do like when liberals talk about their ideas, it's never "forcing an agenda."

We share our views and suddenly we want to make everyone believe it. Give me a break.

You say abortion and gay marriage aren't the only issues. I agree. Now tell those in your party that the jobs issue is not the only issue.

Keystone, you are severely simple minded.  I have no problem with someone being a proud Catholic.  Picking on them would be picking on about 1/2 my own family.  Picking on some of the views of these self-righteous clowns and yes I'm not sparing part of my family from this either.  Most of these "pro-lifers" are delusional 50, 60, and 70 something white males that got married at 20 so they feel they can be pricks about other people's sex lives they really have no business in.  Yes, these people are forcing their beleifs on others.

I'm simple minded or your an angry guy in his 20s who wants to blame Pro-Life old men for the problems? Hmmmm...

Let me apologize for not fitting the stereotype of your average teen, Flyers. Sorry I'm not one of these clowns saying "Yeah...pre-marital sex. Cool!" If anything, my friend, I think a whole lot more than most my age.

Where are you coming up with this idea that I'm blaming pro-life old me for my problems?  I'm just saying they have no right to have their mitts in my sex life.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 12:57:02 AM »

I call being anti-abortion such a thing.  What should pre-marital sex be banned Keystone? 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 01:13:41 AM »

To answer the question, neither.

Both annoy me equally as much.

My annoyance seems to be pronounced depending on who is in power.

Just out of curiosity who on this Forum anooys you in terms of ideology?  Do I annoy you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies