Another Possible LOA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:33:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Another Possible LOA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another Possible LOA  (Read 1072 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: August 28, 2005, 01:28:41 PM »

Well I'm in Baton Rouge now. We probably should have gone a little further as we will still get some bad weather, but we should be ok. I'm not sure what will be left after the storm hits. It's a category 5 and will be pretty bad.

Ben, at least wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to come down here.

Baton Rouge will NOT NOT be far enough!!! Seriously dude...leave and go farther west!!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 01:56:29 PM »

You may be right, but it's too late now. BR has enacted a 7pm curfew. My parents are stuck in traffic between BR and NO.

Several newsstations just showed people surfing or riding wave-runners in the Gulf of Mexico.

Please Brandon, if you stay in a hotel please go into a bathroom, shut the door and stay very close to the bathtub. I'm sure you may know this but I believe B. Rouge is going to get Cat 4 winds. Please be safe and may God be with you and Ben.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 02:09:14 PM »

Well, this certainly is a tragedy for New Orelans. Thankfully, the cold water along the coastline will most probably slow down the hurricane to a Category 4 (not that this is much better). Nonetheless, be safe!

On a related note, as I'm currently (still) on vacation in northeastern Florida, loss of power might render me unable to post for a few days. (Well, hurricane force winds aren't expected to extend this far, but loss of power is still possible.) Just to let you know in case I'm absent for a little while...

As far as I know and have heard the water temps right off the coast are 90-91 degrees they have been pretty constant in saying it will land with 160 MPH winds.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 02:12:55 PM »

Here is the current water temps.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 02:26:11 PM »

Currently its between 175-180 mph with gusts to 215mph at 902mb. One of the worst storms in Atlantic History.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 05:31:45 PM »

Currently its between 175-180 mph with gusts to 215mph at 902mb. One of the worst storms in Atlantic History.
So I hear. I believe that it will be the most powerful storm to hit the U.S. in recorded history.

Is it true that the Mayor of New Orleans has ordered private vehicles seized to help evacuate those who remain in the city?

And watercraft as well, if needed. I can't really blame them to be honest either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies