The Gay Empire State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:57:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Gay Empire State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Gay Empire State  (Read 29960 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« on: June 13, 2011, 02:29:24 PM »

Kruger's probably going to go to jail before they vote on it again, but I guess getting outed will change your mind on things.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:43:36 AM »

What's up with that guy in Buffalo who is as doomed next election as Cao was? If he's going to try he could make an appeal to Moderate Hero-esque Democrats. If he votes against it he'll just be seen as a typical Republican.

There appear to be a lot of blacks in that district. Doubt he's looking for the white latte liberal vote.

Well the blacks aren't going to vote for him anyway. If as many still remain in his district after redistricting he's even more dead.

They could move the black voters into Tim Kennedy's district. They can't really make only one safe Democratic district in Erie County and have the rest be fairly Republican, but it would give Grisanti a shot at winning.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:24:19 PM »

Unless I'm mistaken, Long Island has an all-Republican delegation in the Senate.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »

Perry is Jamaican, it's shocking that he would vote for it.

How many Republicans voted for it? I found two: Marcus Molinaro and Annie Rabbitt.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 07:34:35 AM »

Weird, this article lists two Republicans that voted for it.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 10:17:03 PM »

Twitter has never provided any benefit for a politician and tons of mishaps. Any smart politician should simply never ever use Twitter. Actually replace "politician" with "person"...

Well, it is Greg Ball...
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 05:49:12 PM »

I still think they're going to put all the blacks in Buffalo into Tim Kennedy's district, so it probably won't matter either way.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »

I still think they're going to put all the blacks in Buffalo into Tim Kennedy's district, so it probably won't matter either way.

But that just means that the white Democrats in Kennedy's seat end up in Grisanti's, so while the seat is significantly less Dem, it's not enough to make a difference. I played around on DRA and the best you can get that district is like 62% Obama without endangering nearby Republicans is like 62% Obama.

Actually, now that I'm looking at it, the easiest thing to do might just be to screw Grisanti over by drawing him into a super-Democratic district in Buffalo with Kennedy, then create a new seat in the northern Erie County/North Tonawanda/Niagara Falls area. Or he could just move north.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »

Yeah, I'm not going to believe anything until it's actually passed.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »

That Saland guy is about the least engaging public speaker I've ever seen.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 09:25:13 PM »

So which Republicans are in favor? Grisanti, Alesi, Saland, who else?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 09:30:12 PM »

33-29.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:21 PM »

So why did Joseph Robach, who represents a 65-35 Obama district, vote against it?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 09:44:27 PM »

So why did Joseph Robach, who represents a 65-35 Obama district, vote against it?

Someone needs to be primaried.

No, he's a Republican.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »

A manhattan would be an appropriate drink in this case, yes?

Also, I didn't realize JCL says he's 30 in his profile. Until now I assumed he was one of our 13-year-old posters.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »

Good for New York. It appears this won't have to be decided by the voters (though a ban referendum would likely fail in NY).

Does anyone have a map of the vote (or breakdown by Obama performance)?

I don't have either of these exactly, but:

All of Long Island (non-NYC) is GOP/No.

NYC is all Dem except two GOP districts, one in south Brooklyn and the other on Staten Island. All voted on party lines except Rubén Diaz who is the only Dem No and represents an obviously extremely Obama district in the South Bronx.

The three innermost north suburban districts are Dem, one in Rockland and two in Westchester, all Yes.

Upstate there are just three Dems, one in each of Albany, Syracuse & Buffalo, all Yes. Of the remaining Republicans, the four Yes votes are: a Hudson Valley district; a district east of Albany (sort of the old Gillibrand territory); a suburban Rochester district; and a district in Buffalo that only went GOP due to the incumbent's major corruption problems.

Pretty sure Alesi represents a big chunk of Rochester proper as well. Not as much as Robach does, though (not sure how Robach wins reelection; his seat has to be >60% Obama).

Robach's district is 66-33 Obama. He must have quite a bit of personal popularity in the district; he was a Democratic Assemblyman until he switched parties to run for the Senate in 2002; he won easily that year, and the only close race he's had since was in 2008.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies