BREAKING: Shots fired at BLM protest in downtown Dallas, TX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:37:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Shots fired at BLM protest in downtown Dallas, TX (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Shots fired at BLM protest in downtown Dallas, TX  (Read 13102 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 07, 2016, 10:41:23 PM »

The media needs to realize it's playing with fire, and stop fanning the flames. Seriously. I'm freaking tired of them inflaming race relations so they get more ratings. I'm freaking tired of it.

The police need to realize that a lot of their police department cultures and biases make minorities feel unfairly targeted, and that they do indeed have a some dishonorable brutes who shouldn't be shielded and instead the police department should fire and prosecute them themselves.

BLM needs to understand that they're making things worse by demonizing the police and making every case into a bigger deal than it needs to be, making race relations out to be worse than they really are, which then makes things even worse, that playing the victim/oppression card doesn't help, emphasize to all their followers that violence isn't the answer, and need a solid policy platform and political movement organized around it instead of rage against the police or all white people and their privileges/microagressions/etc.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 11:13:12 PM »

The media needs to realize it's playing with fire, and stop fanning the flames. Seriously. I'm freaking tired of them inflaming race relations so they get more ratings. I'm freaking tired of it.

The police need to realize that a lot of their police department cultures and biases make minorities feel unfairly targeted, and that they do indeed have a some dishonorable brutes who shouldn't be shielded and instead the police department should fire and prosecute them themselves.

BLM needs to understand that they're making things worse by demonizing the police and making every case into a bigger deal than it needs to be, making race relations out to be worse than they really are, which then makes things even worse, that playing the victim/oppression card doesn't help, emphasize to all their followers that violence isn't the answer, and need a solid policy platform and political movement organized around it instead of rage against the police or all white people and their privileges/microagressions/etc.

Then ONLY way you are going to make any progress to ending this is to get off the fence.  This bullsh-t Atlas false equivalency game needs to stop.  BLM only started after an untold number of black people were murdered by the state.  This is the stuff of revolutions.  People are born black.  They have no choice.  Police officers that can't do the job properly can quit.  Do not disgrace the memories of those who were murdered by the STATE by doing this false equivalency bullsh-t.

These murders of these police officers is the only logical conclusion.  Where did people think this was going to end?  You don't want to listen to BLM?  Fine.  Then you get to listen to the gunshots of cop killers.  There was an off ramp.  Unfortunately plenty of people in both parties didn't want to take it.  Question is is your precious false equivalency worth the lives of these black people and cops?  Or would you rather solve the problem?

And the media?  F-ck the media.  We wouldn't need Youtube if the media did their job.  Only by citizen journalists recording the executions of black people have we seen the true scope and nature of the problem.

Do you really need BLM to tell you that is f-cked up?  WTF did the "media" or BLM do to make that sadistic f-cked up situation worse?

I'm not saying blame is equal. But it is to be shared. And murder is always wrong. Revenge is not justice.

I hate this, so much. How does this end?

Police officers need to crack down on the brute cops, fire and prosecute them fiercely instead of shield them, create a better police culture, build community trust. BLM protestors need to focus on policy solutions, not just grief and rage. And the media. The damn media. The media needs to stop inflaming racial tensions to boost their damned ratings, they need to realize they're playing with fire and stop fanning the flames, whether their message is all BLM protestors are thugs or all cops are racist killers. Oh, and maybe, just maybe, something should be done about guns too, by the way.

But how do we get to that point?

What a freaking mess of a country.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 12:11:57 PM »

I really hate talking about this issue because it sickens me, but here it goes again, I need to vent:

-Police officers need to crack down on the small minority of brute cops, fire and prosecute them fiercely instead of shield them, create a better police culture, build community trust especially with minorities

-Protestors need to realize it's not all cops, it's a small minority of cops, most are putting their lives on the line every day to serve their community, and just want to get home to their family at the end of the day

-Revenge is never justice. Dealing out death, judging who should live and who should die, is never right. Stop the cycle of violence. That doesn't mean don't act, but there are other ways to fight for change. Positive change is possible, it's happened before, it's happening in other areas now. And deep down, we're all people, with good inside us

-the freaking Media needs to stop inflaming race relations to boost their number of viewers, and realize they're playing with fire and fanning the flames, whether it's conservative media saying all BLM protestors are thugs, or liberal media saying all cops are racist killers

-there is a Race problem in this country, we aren't yet living in Martin Luther King's utopia, and we need to accept that and begin to deal with it

-oh and maybe we should do some common-sense Gun reforms while we're at it. I believe in the 2nd amendment, but we also need to accept we have a Gun Violence problem, and do something about it

-let's make sure everyone has access to quality Mental Healthcare while we're at it too
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 03:30:52 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2016, 03:33:06 PM by Blue3 »

I really hate talking about this issue because it sickens me, but here it goes again, I need to vent:

-Police officers need to crack down on the small minority of brute cops, fire and prosecute them fiercely instead of shield them, create a better police culture, build community trust especially with minorities

-Protestors need to realize it's not all cops, it's a small minority of cops, most are putting their lives on the line every day to serve their community, and just want to get home to their family at the end of the day

-Revenge is never justice. Dealing out death, judging who should live and who should die, is never right. Stop the cycle of violence. That doesn't mean don't act, but there are other ways to fight for change. Positive change is possible, it's happened before, it's happening in other areas now. And deep down, we're all people, with good inside us

-the freaking Media needs to stop inflaming race relations to boost their number of viewers, and realize they're playing with fire and fanning the flames, whether it's conservative media saying all BLM protestors are thugs, or liberal media saying all cops are racist killers

-there is a Race problem in this country, we aren't yet living in Martin Luther King's utopia, and we need to accept that and begin to deal with it

-oh and maybe we should do some common-sense Gun reforms while we're at it. I believe in the 2nd amendment, but we also need to accept we have a Gun Violence problem, and do something about it

-let's make sure everyone has access to quality Mental Healthcare while we're at it too

Please stop posting stuff like this.  Most protestors know the difference between a good cop and a bad cop and one of the main reasons we are in this mess is because for decades the media has under reported these shooting.  Posting distortions is not going to help the situation and it is really insulting.  It's sickening that you think there is a sizable number of people in the black community who would even engage in revenge.  White terrorists have been mowing down people and blowing up buildings for decades.  No black person came out and said "white people need to realize blowing up buildings is wrong."  Really your condescension at a time like this is...  I don't know.  I don't even have the words.
No, I'm not going to stop posting stuff like this, I'm going to start posting it more the more resistance I feel there is to the facts. You thinking this is insulting is insulting to me. It's not a distortion. It's the truth.  

I've met many people in real life who do think that joining the police or the military is an act of evil. Who generalize and demonize those who disagree with them.

And I didn't say the black community, did I? I'm talking about protesters. I know white people who have been even more worked up about it than black people.  I know many white people who hate the cops. And yes, there are some black people who think "the police had it coming." Who think we might need a violent revolution.

Of course most of the protesters aren't turning to violence, I never said that. But there are some, enough to be mentioned, that think "they had it coming." Or are debating right now if what happened in Dallas is justified. That is real.

And the media needs to stop treating each police-murder like a breaking news story, with hour-to-hour coverage. It's not at that level of news, and it's not healthy. It's fanning the flames. Similar to what Trump has been doing. And no, I'm not saying "don't report it." It should be reported. But not like how it is reported now, to get higher ratings with more controversy and "breaking news."

And the part about revenge isn't just about this, it's about a lot of things. Our society hears a story about how someone was killed, or assaulted, or whatever, and instead of presuming "innocent until proven guilty" the media gets everyone on the bandwagon and whips them into a furor demanding punishment. Usually before all the facts are in. And even if it is right, revenge is never the answer. Punishment for punishment's sake is evil. It's horrible. And it's an attitude that's been infecting us in many different ways, on many different issues.

How about you knock off your condescending attitude to me, and views you don't like?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies